One

Im tired of reading threads people comparing Gw2 vs wow or why wow have more viewers on twitch than gw2. This needs to stop. Im making this poll to end this once and for all!Which GAME is the better GAME??

• I dont wanna to hear about player base nonsence. Of course its a Blizzard game. If Heroes of the Storm isnt a Blizzard game it would be dead by now.

• Also no payment/subricption method reason why i play Guild wars 2. Like dude. Get a job. Then you can play any game you want.

• This Poll Is About which Game is the better GAME .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, I like both, but my WoW time is long behind me. I prefer GW2 by a longshot over WoW, though I have quite a few friends who play WoW and keep trying to pull me back in.

I guess in the end it depends a lot on which part of the game you focus and how well you can cope with recurring grind and gear threadmill content.

Amount of content wise, WoW takes a lead. It would be unrealistic if not given the disparity in incomme and developers for each game.

Quality of content would be more difficult to judge. The developers at Arenanet always come up with some unique way to positively improve the game versus industry norms (see mounts and their cool implementation here). At least that's my opinion.

I'm a huge Guild Wars 2 fan, but this poll is silly. Asking it here, on the Guild Wars 2 forum is likely to be skewed to Guild Wars 2. If you ask it on the WOW forum you'll get a completely different result. They're different games with different audiences. WoW isn't a better game for me. Guild Wars 2 is.

i mean, every game in the industry gets compared to WoW. WoW was far from the first, but it WAS the first to make MMO's popular to a greater audience, and no other MMO since can come remotely close to how WoW is marketed & perceived due to that marketting- ESO has begun to approach this, but still isn't close. WoW comparisons give me a head ache on every mmo i ever played.

@maddoctor.2738 said:You should make this poll one a more general gaming/ mmorpg forum. It's pointless to ask this here.

• Also no payment/subricption method reason why i play Guild wars 2. Like dude. Get a job. Then you can play any game you want.

You are saying that only people without a job play games without subscriptions?????

i think i get what op is trying to say is for example you have a job. you eat 3 times a day. breakfast lunch and dinner. save lunch money for one day so you can buy 1 month of subscription. thats what i did when i was playing wow

WoW is superior to GW2 in many aspects. If the game was just "Another Blizzard Cahsgrab" it wouldn't survive for 15 years as the most popular western MMORPG.

This vote doesn't have a meaning here. It is like going to FC Barcelonea headquarters and ask them to vote for their favorite soccer team.

You want a definitive answer to a subjective question which depends on personal preferences, from a large group of people? Never going to happen, even asking a heavily biased sample.

They're different games for different audiences. Neither needs to be objectively 'better' than the other. I completely understand why other people prefer WoW but in many cases the things they like are exactly the reasons I chose not to play it 15 years ago and have never wanted to play it at any time since. Gear grind being an obvious one - I understand that other people like the idea of always having a clear goal to aim for, and the reward of ever increasing numbers on their character sheet, but I'm the complete opposite - I much prefer the GW2 approach where after a relatively short time I'm finished with upgrading my stats and can forget about that and focus on what I want to do. (Similarly some people don't like that freedom, and the lack of direction that comes with it - I tried to show my dad Minecraft once and he wasn't happy until I told him the point of the game was to find and kill the Ender Dragon. To me that's a massive oversimplification and very restrictive, but he couldn't accept the idea of a game without a single specific objective to work towards.)

There's actually some things WoW does differently which, in theory, I prefer but I know it's not right for me. For example I really like the idea of needing to play with a regular group of people to progress, but I cannot commit to being online regularly, even 1 day a week and would find it frustrating if I did have time to play but couldn't do the thing I needed to progress because it wasn't 'raid night' or whatever. GW2's system where I can play with my guild if they're online, or on my own or with whoever happens to be around and it works out the same either way works much better for me.

So for me I much prefer GW2. I heard about WoW when it was first announced (big WC1-3 fan) and by the time it was released I'd worked out it wasn't right for me. I actually decided I'd never be able to play an MMO (having previously given up on Ultima Online for similar reasons) but not long after that I discovered GW1 and realised that suited me perfectly.

But I have friends who hated GW2 and absolutely love WoW and I'm not going to waste my time or theirs trying to convince them they're wrong because...they're not wrong, they just like different kinds of games and that is ok. (Occasionally I have met people who had completely the wrong idea about GW2 - like a friend who heard it was published by NCSoft and assumed it was an anime themed Korean grinder - in that case I will correct them, but I'm still not going to pressure people to play a game they won't enjoy just because I do.)

@knomslayer.9457 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:You should make this poll one a more general gaming/ mmorpg forum. It's pointless to ask this here.

You are saying that only people without a job play games without subscriptions?????

i think i get what op is trying to say is for example you have a job. you eat 3 times a day. breakfast lunch and dinner. save lunch money for one day so you can buy 1 month of subscription. thats what i did when i was playing wow

I'd rather play a game I prefer which doesn't charge me to log in after I've already bought it, and then have that subscription money left over to buy something else. ;)

I'm sure this is going to be a very conclusive poll!And while we're at it let's also discuss some other questions like pineapple on pizza? Chicken or egg first?

Dude, people have their own personal preferances, they don't always make sense and they don't have to. Some people like nutella with ketchup, some people like wow, some people like fortnite. Who cares?

I think wow has some great elements and some not so great elements and so does every other game (Except for Divinity OS I & II, they are flawless!).Everyone who is playing GW2 probably weighs the great elements in this game higher than those of some other games or maybe he/she just can't afford paying for wow every month or maybe he/she just has more friends playing GW2 than wow or whatever.

Personally I've tried wow and having played WC3 excessively I didn't enjoy where the story went with wow. Before I started playing GW2 I had played many different mmos, mostly Asian f2p garbage that was fun until you've reached the point where every progress just depends on your wallet and when they announced GW2 as a pay once get all you need kinda game it just looked perfect to me. So I started playing GW2 in the beta, had a lot of fun and somehow I just keep coming back to it no matter how many times I take breaks from GW2. It's by no means the best game, not even close but it is a game that is very comfortable to play as an mmo, you never really feel like you're missing out and it's just very easy to start after a break and nothing ever really changes. Which is at the same time its greatest downside because that is precisely the reason why I keep taking breaks from this game, it is just not captivating at all - with the time-locked maps nothing seems to matter, on the one map joko is dead, patheticely eaten by some dragon whelp. And on another map joko is some completely untouchable threat whoms power you couldn't grasp even in your dreams. And that doesn't change at any point. Jokos "invasion" much like the braded "invasion" didn't do anything... sure some portals pop up here and there and then you get to kill a few things but they never do anything, nothing happens if those events fail - they don't capture villages, settlements or cities, they don't destroy anyhting.I miss stuff like scarlets attack on lions arch, that was something I absolutely didn't want to miss, it was great! Now I feel like it doesn't matter when I take a break from the game... all I have to do is log in once when a new episode is released just so that I don't have to pay for it later and thats it.

tldr: No game is perfect for everyone, maybe gw2 is perfect for you, maybe some other game is but ultimately nothing matters this poll is useless thanks for your attention go grab a beer (or soda if you're not of legal age).

@"trixantea.1230" said:WoW is superior to GW2 in many aspects. If the game was just "Another Blizzard Cahsgrab" it wouldn't survive for 15 years as the most popular western MMORPG.

This vote doesn't have a meaning here. It is like going to FC Barcelonea headquarters and ask them to vote for their favorite soccer team.

Exactly, imo wow is a better game. You have a lot of endgame and a huge amount of zones and story to go through. GW2 is better visually and has a combat system i like better, and the lw stories are nice, and the mounts that have a purpose. But im not going to deceive myself thinking its a better game, its fine for what it is, i mean its b2p if you get the expansions so i cant complain i guess.

Personally i think the worst thing a game can do is try to be a wow killer, they all fail. GW2 needs to just stay away from that its a super casual game that you can play at leisure without any stress about , omg i have to get this and that and raid and become a gladiator. WoW is very competitive, gw2 is very relaxed, just dont relax it so much it becomes comatose Devs.

Asking what is better in a Forum for Guild Wars 2 . Most people that play wow probably haven't heard of Guild Wars2. The only good thing about Guild Wars 2 is its b2p and you can leave /pickup everytime whenever you want. You should ask the question, would you rather play wow or Guild Wars2 if you must pay a 13 Euro Subscription fee every month.