Legendary War Insight

CutesySylveon.8290

Can the token count for this PLEASE be reduced? I'm wanting to make Legendary armor from WvW because I really enjoy the game mode and I want to get the best armor, but the cost this specific item is just ridiculous. Looking on the wiki, it takes 21 weeks of hitting the weekly cap to have enough to craft legendary armor, assuming you use tokens for nothing else during that time. Isn't that a little ridiculous? I get it's the best armor you can have, but is time gating it to THIS extent really necessary? If it can't be reduced, can the weekly cap on skirmish tokens be raised instead?

• Like 1

I already threw out the option of raising token caps per week if reducing it was an issue, and fair enough to the people that got it already and don't know what to do with their tokens. So how about a middle ground solution and increase the weekly cap with lots more useful and valuable things to get them with? Win/win for newer people coming into WvW and veterans that have plenty of things they want to make use of.

People having too many useless tickets just means the tickets are useless, not that the pace is balanced, lol.

Insight stays the same. Increase the weekly tickets to like 450, reduce the ring cost, and actually put things worth buying there. Also the Grandmaster Mark/shard crap is a complete joke. I suggest stuff like Guild Siege, Mystic Coins, or something of value, but then again we all know nobody actually cares about WvW.

I don't even get diamond chests most weeks anyways.

OP, I have all 3 Legendary Mistforged Triumphant Hero armor sets, a handful of Mistforged Hero weapons (the ones that I wanted) and Warbringer. And, like others, I too am sitting on 4K+ tickets at the moment. Like you, WvW is my favorite game mode, so I'm in there often for the MAYHEM and GLORY! :smiley: Just give it time, kill and have fun and you too will have what you want and more tickets than you know what to do with. :+1:

(Some goals in GW2 are short-term, others midterm and others long-term. I see the WvW T3 Legendary armor as a midterm goal.)

Cheers!

If you haven't been playing 21 weeks of WvW then you don't deserve to have a full legendary WvW set as everyone else before you has done it. Just upgrade the chest+ leg piece first. The largest stall is the lower tier materials for most people , which was alleviated by reward tracks' monetary value to a minimal extent.

If there's anything that needs to be gutted it's the concept of max 4 grandmaster mark shards per week. For people not buying the shiny version of the armor it is going to be a long time before they are semi-worthwhile.

if they are going to reduce WvW legendary armor, they need to reduce PvP version too

as much as I'd love to have the requirements reduced, but I do think it needs the extra effort, players should not be entitled to get the best and shiniest gear easily consider it's guaranteed to obtained and continue to stay relevant; compare to linear style mmos that uses RNG, it's much less effort

i've lost count of how many incomplete WoW's purple sets I went through, everytime an expansion comes it was back to gear grind, praying to god of rng it will drop the gear i need, and i win the dice rolls

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Can the token count for this PLEASE be reduced? I'm wanting to make Legendary armor from WvW because I really enjoy the game mode and I want to get the best armor, but the cost this specific item is just ridiculous. Looking on the wiki, it takes 21 weeks of hitting the weekly cap to have enough to craft legendary armor, assuming you use tokens for nothing else during that time. Isn't that a little ridiculous? I get it's the best armor you can have, but is time gating it to THIS extent really necessary? If it can't be reduced, can the weekly cap on skirmish tokens be raised instead?

WvW legendary armor is not balanced around people new to the game mode.

Look at how pip gain is distributed around WvW rank. It's not uncommon for WvW regulars to gain 2 times the pips a new player makes in his first few weeks thus reducing the time it takes to cap out on skirmish tickets per week.

The other aspect is the semi afk nature which WvW provides. There is people barely active making tons of pips simply by flipping an occasional camp and keeping their participation up.

Finally, legendary armor is in no way needed nor do you need legendary armor within your first 5-15 weeks of playing WvW (or ever to be honest). Get multiple exotic sets and make different builds first, then if you enjoy the game mode, you will have the skirmish tickets eventually.

@NuhDah.9812 said:Isn't reaching the required rank taking longer than getting the required tokens?

Required rank?

The only requirement for rank is the top tier legendary WvW armor.

Entry level legendary, which has all of the functionality of top tier legendary and raid legendary, has absolutely no rank requirement.

If you want the top tier one? Well then, enjoy your stay. It’s gonna take a while. And afk pip gain won’t help.

@"NuhDah.9812" said:Isn't reaching the required rank taking longer than getting the required tokens?

You are mistaken. The armor pieces required for legendary armor is the Triumphant or Mistforged Triumphant set. Only the Mistforged Triumphant armor has rank requirements while the Triumphant does not.

Yes, by the time you reach WvW rank 2k you are highly likely to have enough tickets for a legendary armor but even then, the Triumphant armor will cost you 7,880 Skirmish Tickets versus the 9,190 Skirmish Tickets for the Mistforged set.

This armor retains the visual look of the Triumphant Hero's armor or Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor. You need to reach WvW rank 2000 if you want to obtain the full set of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor. You can get a full set of legendary armor with Triumphant Hero's armor as well.

@Krypto.2069 said:OP, I have all 3 Legendary Mistforged Triumphant Hero armor sets, a handful of Mistforged Hero weapons (the ones that I wanted) and Warbringer. And, like others, I too am sitting on 4K+ tickets at the moment. Like you, WvW is my favorite game mode, so I'm in there often for the MAYHEM and GLORY! :smiley: Just give it time, kill and have fun and you too will have what you want and more tickets than you know what to do with. :+1:

(Some goals in GW2 are short-term, others midterm and others long-term. I see the WvW T3 Legendary armor as a midterm goal.)

Cheers!

Just curious. In order to complete three sets of armor, that would have required a seriously large amount of T5 & T6 mats. Did you throw gold at the problem, or just farm the mats?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@NuhDah.9812 said:Isn't reaching the required rank taking longer than getting the required tokens?

Required rank?

Entry level legendary, which has all of the functionality of top tier legendary and raid legendary, has absolutely no rank requirement.

If you want the top tier one? Well then, enjoy your stay. It’s gonna take a while. And afk pip gain won’t help.

You are mistaken. The armor pieces required for legendary armor is the Triumphant
or
Mistforged Triumphant set. Only the Mistforged Triumphant armor has rank requirements while the Triumphant does not.

Yes, by the time you reach WvW rank 2k you are highly likely to have enough tickets for a legendary armor but even then, the Triumphant armor will cost you 7,880 Skirmish Tickets versus the 9,190 Skirmish Tickets for the Mistforged set.

This armor retains the visual look of the Triumphant Hero's armor or Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor. You need to reach WvW rank 2000 if you want to obtain the full set of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor. You can get a full set of legendary armor with Triumphant Hero's armor as well.

Oh, cool, so there are 2 tiers of legendary armor and only the more prestigious one has the high rank requirement. I need to do my homework, thanks for clarifying it to me.

@NuhDah.9812 said:

Required rank?

You are mistaken. The armor pieces required for legendary armor is the Triumphant
or
Mistforged Triumphant set. Only the Mistforged Triumphant armor has rank requirements while the Triumphant does not.

Oh, cool, so there are 2 tiers of legendary armor and only the more prestigious one has the high rank requirement. I need to do my homework, thanks for clarifying it to me.

It’s still a lot, but there is a lot of misinformation. The wiki is pretty good about it that @Cyninja.2954 linked.

@smithkt.8062 said:

@Krypto.2069 said:OP, I have all 3 Legendary Mistforged Triumphant Hero armor sets, a handful of Mistforged Hero weapons (the ones that I wanted) and Warbringer. And, like others, I too am sitting on 4K+ tickets at the moment. Like you, WvW is my favorite game mode, so I'm in there often for the MAYHEM and GLORY! :smiley: Just give it time, kill and have fun and you too will have what you want and more tickets than you know what to do with. :+1:

Cheers!

Just curious. In order to complete three sets of armor, that would have required a seriously large amount of T5 & T6 mats. Did you throw gold at the problem, or just farm the mats?

Generally speaking when making legendaries, I mostly farm the gold and not the mats (especially in the case of T5 mats, which are usually dirt cheap). This way my play time is better spent imo. With that said, any mats I acquire killing, salvaging, or occasionally node gathering, I hoard to minimize costs.