There's something fishy going on...

Ladies and Gents, it is not about about the destination, but all about the journey. How you get there it's all that matters and the journey is being achieved with sparkling gem store outfits, on flashy mounts (gem store exclusive).

I don't believe GW2 will ever see a new expansion.

WvW rework or restructure (name it as you want), if it comes in the form of alliances only, it will not keep the wvw population engaged for long.Mounts are not fit for wvw , I agree, but skins will be available, in the gem store. The potential to milk some cash is there.

As for the pvp gap between seasons, I see it as the rest of the game: timegate wars 2, cooldown wars 2, collection wars 2. You would not want to get all the shiny too fast.What will you be doing next?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@mercury ranique.2170 said:Can I has your stuff??Also, the announcement is about living world season 5 and not an x-pac. Any speculation otherwise has been debunked.Also, Wow vanilla is already announcedAlso, this is at the same time as the gw2 anniversary, it got nothing to do with Wow vanilla.

Are you sure? Why all this hiring of a theatre just to announce something like a new season.... I do not see all the excitement just for such a thing.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:Can I has your stuff??Also, the announcement is about living world season 5 and not an x-pac. Any speculation otherwise has been debunked.Also, Wow vanilla is already announcedAlso, this is at the same time as the gw2 anniversary, it got nothing to do with Wow vanilla.

Are you sure? Why all this hiring of a theatre just to announce something like a new season.... I do not see all the excitement just for such a thing.

ArenaNet said so themselves in their announcement:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/join-us-for-a-special-live-event-on-august-30/

Are you ready to catch the very first look at an all-new chapter in Guild Wars 2‘s Living World story?

@aspirine.6852 said:

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:Can I has your stuff??Also, the announcement is about living world season 5 and not an x-pac. Any speculation otherwise has been debunked.Also, Wow vanilla is already announcedAlso, this is at the same time as the gw2 anniversary, it got nothing to do with Wow vanilla.

It's a marketing push possibly due to the fact that they merged their marketing functions with NCsoft's after the layoffs.

As for excitement, maybe they've got big plans for the season that the entire studio is focusing on that genuinely makes it an alternative to another expansion or maybe it's another "by-the-numbers" LS season but the key here is that it coincides with PAX West and they have a budget for marketing so why not try to get a bit of attention when all those gamers and journalists are in town?

@Rasimir.6239 said:

ArenaNet said so themselves in their announcement:

Are you ready to catch the very first look at an all-new chapter in Guild Wars 2‘s Living World story?

Dont take this the wrong way, but I hope you are wrong. :)

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"VoidNard.7206" said:Alliances are coming, we just have to be patient. I am hyped for sure!I would love any kind of attention to WvW at this point. This used to be the "end game" content for gw2 back in the days and i used to really enjoy it,

How patient thought ? Its been 19 months since the first mention of it. This thing is gonna take longer than an expansion to finish.

There's the problem, how can anyone still be hyped for something that was announced 19 months ago. I mean, imagine the long term damage being done to your hype glands if you're maintaining elevated hype levels for that long? It's irresponsible.

Dunno they said it would take a long time and there was no due date, so I didn't hype myself, because why would I? If you didn't start hyping you don't have to remain hyped all that time. Seemed to me to be the most sensible plan of action at the time.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@"VoidNard.7206" said:Alliances are coming, we just have to be patient. I am hyped for sure!I would love any kind of attention to WvW at this point. This used to be the "end game" content for gw2 back in the days and i used to really enjoy it,

How patient thought ? Its been 19 months since the first mention of it. This thing is gonna take longer than an expansion to finish.

There's the problem, how can anyone still be hyped for something that was announced 19 months ago. I mean, imagine the long term damage being done to your hype glands if you're maintaining elevated hype levels for that long? It's irresponsible.

Dunno they said it would take a long time and there was no due date, so I didn't hype myself, because why would I? If you didn't start hyping you don't have to remain hyped all that time. Seemed to me to be the most sensible plan of action at the time.

That comment was directed at VoidNard, who Glider quoted, VoidNard did say they were hyped for it. I'm not sure why you thought it was directed at you.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Aloha! I was reeled in by the title of the thread walleye was browsing the forum and decided to take the bait. Sorry to hear about your experience, chum. Fin-ished with the game, are you? Salmon us still like GuildWars2, but I can understand if your interest has taken a dive. A good thing there's such a big pool of other MMOs to try; plenty of fish, as they say.

Shark can't blame you for speaking your mind, but WoW don't you stick around until August 30th? It sure as elf couldn't hurt to wade and sea what ArenaNet's big announcement is, cod it?

I will wait for the 30th, youre right. Maybe the underlying cause behind my frustration is that im unable to find a profession to main. Oh well, for now ill stick to playing Civilisation 6 and darkest dungeon.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@VoidNard.7206 said:why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW VanillaWhat expansion announcement? We haven't had one since before PoF.

I believe that the hope is for an expansion announcement at the end of the month.They already said it will be a living world announcement. Season 5, not expansion. I know there are people that still think, against all signs, that Anet's working on an expansion, but, as i see it, that is only setting oneself up for disappointment.

@"Offair.2563" said:"Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)? "

Nike teefs getting outrun these days? OK TIME FOR REWORK AS THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Thief was just an example. I hate thieves in general, but I used thieves as an example to illustrate the idea that mobility for roaming in WvW is not nearly as relevant as before.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Aloha! I was reeled in by the title of the thread walleye was browsing the forum and decided to take the bait. Sorry to hear about your experience, chum. Fin-ished with the game, are you? Salmon us still like GuildWars2, but I can understand if your interest has taken a dive. A good thing there's such a big pool of other MMOs to try; plenty of fish, as they say.

Shark can't blame you for speaking your mind, but WoW don't you stick around until August 30th? It sure as elf couldn't hurt to wade and sea what ArenaNet's big announcement is, cod it?Very fishy indeed. Love the originality of your post!

Shark can't blame you for speaking your mind, but WoW don't you stick around until August 30th? It sure as elf couldn't hurt to wade and sea what ArenaNet's big announcement is, cod it?

Ah fish puns. I can tell you're a tuna fun.

@knite.1542 said:Alliances are coming, we just have to be patient. I am hyped for sure!

What's there to by hyped for. It's still going to be the same maps we had for 7 years now (except for Desert, which is just Eotm-like, so meh)Everything will be the same except alliances are just a way to have different team-ups because they lack players overall, let alone WvW. Which is why they pair servers and now even started to pair SP, GER and FR servers with English ones.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

@knite.1542 said:Alliances are coming, we just have to be patient. I am hyped for sure!

What's there to by hyped for. It's still going to be the same maps we had for 7 years now (except for Desert, which is just Eotm-like, so meh)Everything will be the same except alliances are just a way to have different team-ups because they lack players overall, let alone WvW. Which is why they pair servers and now even started to pair SP, GER and FR servers with English ones.

WvW still has enough players. However, since most people seem to just transfer to winning servers others feel much less inclined to play since they're permanently outnumbered, resulting in even less playtime. Entirely player made issue that will be resolved once that goes live. The change will bring population back, I'd expect many to be angry about it at first, then it settles down and will be more balanced for all. Matchups should feel much fairer, thus returning fun to the mode.

Why is all the new content being added to the gem store??Nothing new there, the gem store is their primary source of income. It demands a steady flow of content.

Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla and why have we had such a bad content drought??Expansion? Are you referring to the LS5 announcement? I don't know about that WoW vanilla thing. I thought that already came out months ago??

Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)?Any fix will always be a curse for one class and a blessing for another. Sorry thieves, this is the age of mounts now.

The last question is: "why do we need to wait a month in between seasons if the only reason players play ranked is for legendary amor?The first hand of your question i was still in pve season mindset. I dunno. Give people time to the a break without missing out? I dunno man. But i doubt people play just for the leg armour, otherwise they would've left already.

@"VoidNard.7206" said:

Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla and why have we had such a bad content drought??

Not everyone cares about WoW as WoW players do... I mean there is nothing WoW can offer GW2 players, if GW2 players are actually playing Guild Wars 2. Same with WoW, ESO and any other mmo.

Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)?

When? we don't know, but the Game Director's post that revealed a roadmap said it's in the works.

The last question is: "why do we need to wait a month in between seasons if the only reason players play ranked is for legendary amor?

Whoever spies about GW2 for you, is absolutely wrong, why would you assume everyone must go for legendaries, pvp seasons rewards are just nice way to make some gold too.

Please answer all the questions, or your favourite question in the chat below. Dont forget to leave a like and to smash. Just smash, man, whatever it is, smash it.

Like? It is a forum, not youtube

With love,your boi Asmon

right...

ps. I need help finding a new game, this one isnt doing it for me anymore :/ sorry bois

play your beloved WoW classic then, why would you bother asking questions, and later say you don't like it? Facepalm

Edit:1)This post is tongue and cheek for the most part, but the first question I asked i feel is still unanswered. What upsets me about the gem stores the most, are all the beautiful skins that end up in the store and not directly in the game. Yes, you can technically buy and convert gold to buy gems, but that takes a lot of gold. A better question would be: "why are all good looking skins, whether its mount, weapon, or armor skins, in the gem store and not in game?" For example, nearly all skins that are added to the game through the gem store look much better than any other in game skin. The fact that anet adds this many skins to the gem store does take away from the development time for artists in one way or another. Another question arises from this, which is: "why would cant we have good looking skins in the game, that compete with gem store skins?" Obviously anet needs to make money, but with recent events regarding loot boxes and predatory micro transactions Im starting to hate this gem store. I find it cheap that all the best armor skins are in the gem store. So thats what i ment to say with my first question.2) so pax west is on the 30th, which explains a lot. Still though, they didnt have such a large announcement before so i still believe Anet chose to do this long, and special event on the 30th.

Gemstore updates are what keep this game alive, also those cosmetics are TOTALLY OPTIONAL!!! You do not need to be a sub free to get a unique mount skin (like in World of Warcraft). You can pay if you like an item, if you don't - just don't buy it.

PAX is a great opportunity to get a bigger audiance, they have known the wanted to present Season 5 on PAX since 2018, so like one year in advance they were preparing for what they will present in ~2 weeks.

Also they always participate in PAX West, whether it's just art show, or just hanging out.