Anniversary Sale: Starting with a whimper?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:Anyone else feeling incredibly let down by the anniversary sale?
I bought hundreds of dollars worth of gems in anticipation for the sale
, and have bought almost nothing. I hope it ends with a bang because it started with a whimper.In that case one might say that the sale worked really well.

I normally spend $100 a month. With excess gems, I will be spending my gaming budget elsewhere, which equates to trying Torchlight Frontiers. They can not count on me for future revenue, until I spend my current gems.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Josiah.2967" said:Anyone else feeling incredibly let down by the anniversary sale? I bought hundreds of dollars worth of gems in anticipation for the sale, and have bought almost nothing. I hope it ends with a bang because it started with a whimper.

(1) The sale hasn't been in place even a week; there's over three more left to go.(2) You could have guessed that ANet would, as they have ever previous year, held off most of the stuff you want until the end.

Yeah, just notice how last year throughout the whole sale there were 11 sales with items/packages more expensive than 1500 gems (and that's including the ones that you could purchase in cheaper packages too, like "shared inventory slots" or "black lion chest keys"). This time we already have 25 bundles with base prices of 1500-3500 gems with LITERALLY ONE ITEM being priced less than that (copper salvagomatic regularly priced for 800g). And the discounts are 15-40%, except that you can easly see that VAST MAJORITY of them is merely at 15%. Compared to that the pricier packages last year were discounted by "30%+". Package sales also push you into buying items you don't really want or need, which means you'd probably be better off just buying single items for regular price than opting for 15% discounted packages.For now, the sale is just objectively garbage.

• Confused 1

Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

@Tiviana.2650 said:Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

As some in this thread have surmised, they'll probably release all the utility stuff towards the end. Believe me, I commiserate as I'm waiting on bag slots, myself.

@Zephyr.5382 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

As some in this thread have surmised, they'll probably release all the utility stuff towards the end. Believe me, I commiserate as I'm waiting on bag slots, myself.

Yeah, I could use 1 character slot, but I won't touch any silly bundle. :p

• Confused 1

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:Anyone else feeling incredibly let down by the anniversary sale?
I bought hundreds of dollars worth of gems in anticipation for the sale
, and have bought almost nothing. I hope it ends with a bang because it started with a whimper.In that case one might say that the sale worked really well.

i think he's waiting for the BLC keys

@Sobx.1758 said:

POF Preparation Pack is actually worth the price tag, even if the L80 booster is taken out (sadly anet, i dont really care about the booster, i think most vets dont care either)

If you buy them individually (without L80 booster) without discount is 4840 gems, and if base on historical max discounts given, it is 2708 gems

• Character slot, 800 gems, 35% discount = 520 gems
  • Bag Slot x2, 800 gems, 50% discount = 400 gems
  • Gathering Tools, 2400 gems, 50% discount = 1200 gems
  • BLC Keys, max discount = 558 gems (base on avg for 25 key bundle at 53% discount)

@crepuscular.9047 said:

POF Preparation Pack is actually worth the price tag, even if the L80 booster is taken out (sadly anet, i dont really care about the booster, i think most vets dont care either)

If you buy them individually (without L80 booster) without discount is 4840 gems, and if base on historical max discounts given, it is 2708 gems
  • BLC Keys, max discount = 558 gems (base on avg for 25 key bundle at 53% discount)

Yeah, not bad. It's just that I couldn't care less about lvl 80 boost, bag slots and gathering tools. And people that would buy these items seperately probably wouldn't opt for a random key bundle. While the price for all of the items might not be bad in the bundle, it's most probable you wouldn't want to buy half of them anyways. Add to that a fact that for now all the sales are bundles and... Yeah, imo it's garbage.

• Confused 1

@crepuscular.9047 said:

I can see this being a great option for frugal new players. It's just so blah....

@crepuscular.9047 said:

Its worth is dependent on whether you want the gathering tool set or not.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@Alin.2468 said:I like the bundles so far. Please keep 'em flowing Anet.

Also remember that not everyone was playing when these bundles were out previously. So if people like the bundles and don't have too much of the contents (such as permanent gathering tools) then these are sweet deals for them. Deals for those of us who have these things already are yet to come, I'm sure. It might not be until the very end though.

The problem with the PoF bundle is those of us that don't have the tools likely don't have the expansions yet and are waiting on a decent sale for them which mean we can't buy the PoF prep pack. Anet decided f2p player's were not allowed to and also decided that people that bought core accounts are f2p....at least when it comes to this pack. It's more than odd considering I can buy those items individually .....

This sale (if you can call it that) gets worse next week.August 12Grand Lion Griffon Skin—20% Off

August 13Summit Wildhorn Springer Skin—20% Off

August 14Tremor Armadillo Roller Beetle Skin—20% Off

August 16Distant Lands Mount Adoption License—20% OffDistant Lands Mount Select License—40% OffHome Instance Node Pack—35% OffUnbreakable Gathering Tools—50% Off (limit one per account)

August 17Path of Fire Survival Package—35% OffElonian Introductory Package—35% Off

I think buying Home Instance Node Packs for my fiance is about it for me.

To put how bad this years sale is compared to last:2019 Anniversary Home Instance Node Pack—35% Off2018 Anniversary Home Instance Node Pack—50% Off

Well it's boring to always have to wait for the last week for account upgrade like character slots. I mean it's the anniversary week they could have done an effort putting upgrades this week. It already been two weaks of useless packs. I'm sure some may like it, but CHARACTER SLOTS, if i don't see them coming will buy one full price with my gems but that's not sales....

The seventh anniversary chair is cool.

I get it they want to sell the 2500, 3000, 1800 thingies but a -600 gems change nothing still out of my reach.

@hugo.4705 said:Well it's boring to always have to wait for the last week for account upgrade like character slots. I mean it's the anniversary week they could have done an effort putting upgrades this week. It already been two weaks of useless packs. I'm sure some may like it, but CHARACTER SLOTS, if i don't see them coming will buy one full price with my gems but that's not sales....

The seventh anniversary chair is cool.

I get it they want to sell the 2500, 3000, 1800 thingies but a -600 gems change nothing still out of my reach.

The only character slot I have seen so far is the PoF pack. Has a lot more than a character slot, though. Looks better for newer players.I am still holding out for shared pack space :)

@Josiah.2967 said:

These bundles are the worst. You can not even gift an outfit/glider if you already own it...you just waste extra gems for nothing. I would even be happy if while the bundles were released, we had the option to buy the missing piece at full price. For people who buy a lot of cosmetics, most of these packages are an insult.

Well next time perhaps keep your monies in ze wallet until something nice appears in the shop?

@Offair.2563 said:

These bundles are the worst. You can not even gift an outfit/glider if you already own it...you just waste extra gems for nothing. I would even be happy if while the bundles were released, we had the option to buy the missing piece at full price. For people who buy a lot of cosmetics, most of these packages are an insult.

Well next time perhaps keep your monies in ze wallet until something nice appears in the shop?

Lesson learned. This is my first anniversary sale, so i thought it would match, if not best the previous ones. This will be the last time I prepay in advanced.

Wiki lists now soon the Unbreakable Gathering Tools on sale:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Saleshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unbreakable_Gathering_Tools

For me it is interesting. As returning player after a long break ... I still don't have them. And buying new of the normal gathering tools is pain. (Same with salvage kits.) Didn't plan on these ... only for Living World S2 and maybe char/bank slot (for my 9th char when I buy HoT and make a revenant) ... but with 50 percent off I guess it would be stupid not to buy them.

I guess between all those unlimited gathering tools there is no big difference? (Other than some having glyphs - which cost more ... but glyphs are available for gold at the trading post if I saw correctly.)