Why can't we choose stats on legendary armor all at once? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why can't we choose stats on legendary armor all at once?

Make an option where all my gear is set to a specific stat instead of going one by one switching each and every single stats.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

Comments

  • @Hitman.5829 said:
    Make an option where all my gear is set to a specific stat instead of going one by one switching each and every single stats.

    Good question. It's long been a feature of gw2skills.net that you choose the first and can "copy" that to the rest.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Ototo.3214Ototo.3214 Member ✭✭✭

    Hopefully build templates resolve this issue

  • Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Or you can ask again for the PvP Amulet system again...

    Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

  • You can via a trustworthy third party .dll that anet has already said don't mind people using. Donno if I'm allowed to advertise it here in forums tho so not gonna say. Anyway we've had build templates already for like a year and a half or longer, it's fantastic

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    Make an option where all my gear is set to a specific stat instead of going one by one switching each and every single stats.

    Good question. It's long been a feature of gw2skills.net that you choose the first and can "copy" that to the rest.

    I don't see how some random site is relevant at all to ingame mechanics tbh :D

  • @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    Make an option where all my gear is set to a specific stat instead of going one by one switching each and every single stats.

    Good question. It's long been a feature of gw2skills.net that you choose the first and can "copy" that to the rest.

    I don't see how some random site is relevant at all to ingame mechanics tbh :D

    It's not a random site; it's the preeminent third party tool for sharing builds. I mentioned it because that makes it an obvious feature request, so it's curious that ANet didn't incorporate it in the first place. (I have no idea if it would or wouldn't be easy to implement and I doubt very much that there'd be notable code similarities between gw2skills and the game.)

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2019

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    Make an option where all my gear is set to a specific stat instead of going one by one switching each and every single stats.

    Good question. It's long been a feature of gw2skills.net that you choose the first and can "copy" that to the rest.

    I don't see how some random site is relevant at all to ingame mechanics tbh :D

    It's not a random site; it's the preeminent third party tool for sharing builds. I mentioned it because that makes it an obvious feature request, so it's curious that ANet didn't incorporate it in the first place. (I have no idea if it would or wouldn't be easy to implement and I doubt very much that there'd be notable code similarities between gw2skills and the game.)

    I know what it is and it's a random site as in it has nothing to do with being an official anet tool. So whatever it does is irrelevant as an argument for ingame features.
    Should this be in the game for a long time already? Yes. Is "this site already has it!" an argument for that? Not at all.

  • @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    Make an option where all my gear is set to a specific stat instead of going one by one switching each and every single stats.

    Good question. It's long been a feature of gw2skills.net that you choose the first and can "copy" that to the rest.

    I don't see how some random site is relevant at all to ingame mechanics tbh :D

    It's not a random site; it's the preeminent third party tool for sharing builds. I mentioned it because that makes it an obvious feature request, so it's curious that ANet didn't incorporate it in the first place. (I have no idea if it would or wouldn't be easy to implement and I doubt very much that there'd be notable code similarities between gw2skills and the game.)

    I know what it is and it's a random site as in it has nothing to do with being an official anet tool.

    Of course it has nothing to do with ANet official tools. But it's not a random site; it's a well known site and so it makes sense that ANet staff would be aware of its features.

    So whatever it does is irrelevant as an argument for ingame features.

    Why? Why would any dev reject ideas because someone else thought of it first? On the contrary, I think they would be very interested.

    Is "this site already has it!" an argument for that?

    I didn't make that argument; you did (if only to reject it)

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2019

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    Make an option where all my gear is set to a specific stat instead of going one by one switching each and every single stats.

    Good question. It's long been a feature of gw2skills.net that you choose the first and can "copy" that to the rest.

    I don't see how some random site is relevant at all to ingame mechanics tbh :D

    It's not a random site; it's the preeminent third party tool for sharing builds. I mentioned it because that makes it an obvious feature request, so it's curious that ANet didn't incorporate it in the first place. (I have no idea if it would or wouldn't be easy to implement and I doubt very much that there'd be notable code similarities between gw2skills and the game.)

    I know what it is and it's a random site as in it has nothing to do with being an official anet tool.

    Of course it has nothing to do with ANet official tools. But it's not a random site; it's a well known site and so it makes sense that ANet staff would be aware of its features.

    It is random, it has nothing to do with Anet or GW2 engine. It being known or not is as irrelevant as saying that something should be in the game because it's on a -random- site. Not sure why you insist otherwise. :D

    So whatever it does is irrelevant as an argument for ingame features.

    Why? Why would any dev reject ideas because someone else thought of it first? On the contrary, I think they would be very interested.

    "Reject ideas beacuse someone thought of it first"??
    I never wrote anything like that, try re-reading everything with understanding.

    Is "this site already has it!" an argument for that?

    I didn't make that argument; you did (if only to reject it)

    If it's not an argument (and it's not) then why even mention in this thread that "it was a feature on that site"? As I said, that's just irrelevant.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.