Mount dismissing necro minions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

at start I was really annoyed like the rest of you guys, wondering why am i keep on losing my minions, then i figured it out, it happens when you dismount and remount too quickly, like switch mount with hotkeys or just continuously tapping the mount key (x)

but I've grown to actually quite like this unintended 'feature' these days, since you cannot directly control them like ranger's petit's a quick way to dismiss all of them without reskill

at times i would find myself in situations where I just wanna trespass through an area, and wanting to get out of combat asap after getting hit by mobs, having minions prolongs the time stuck in combat (i.e. the loot phase of Palawadan), and only summons minion at the situation where i really wanting to beat the crap out of those mobs

• 3 weeks later...

It's still happening and it's honestly annoying the shit out of me. Glad you found out the cause. Maybe it doesn't bother you but it's a huge waste of time and annoyance to most of us. I constantly mount and dismount to talk to npcs, gather, swap to bunny to jump, skimmer to swim/brand etc. and it happens a fair amount of the time. It's definitely an easily fixed bug since it keeps your pets if you don't do it too fast. This means that while mounted, the game keeps track of your skills and timers. They need to find out what is causing the issue and fix it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This bug was fixed some time ago and now it is back indeed. 😔 It took Anet AGES to fix this, necro's had been playing for years with this but to the point where players thought it was actually a feature.   

Please report this in game with the report tool, only way to get attention to it.  It is an absolute fun-killer bug.

• Like 2

According to Anet they disabled the automatic resummon of minions after dismount "due to an issue", telling us that we can resummon them manually.

Absolutely intolerable, arrogant and a good example of how not to talk to customers. I'm 49 by now, and I've never received such kind of downtalking from companies I am a customer of. Even the German Telekom treats its customers with more respect. Is that your new way of communication?

Back to topic: Full cooldown after dismount, and they are so "generous" as to let us resummon them. Once again, they demonstrate that they don't know a lot about their own game and that a minion necro build is unplayable with this bug. Mounts have become a necessity on most maps, especially the newer ones. Resummoning them every time - after the cooldown of course - is not applicable.

Anet, I'm growing sick of being treated like that as someone who pays your bills. The bug was introduced with the mounts, which was with the Path Of Fire release in September 2017. Somewhere in 2020 you fixed that bug finally, it worked for a few months, and now you're re-introducing it on purpose. After the performance issues that you also let sit for months last year (until larger parts of the media got wind of it), the necro bug that you didn't give a toss about (and obviously still don't), and the Ice Brood Saga with its "expansion worthy content" my patience as YOUR customer gets exhausted.

With that puposeful re-introduction of that bug you factually destroyed a whole branch possible necro builds. Undo that. If you let that sit again, I will not buy your new addon. But hey, that's just one customer less, isn't it?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

What Anet seem to forget is that specifically the minion builds are not a single build but a whole bunch of build variations that get omitted just like that. And all of these builds are beginner friendly if you take Death Magic as a traitline. And all of that takes away from the Necro flair.

And I still am seriously upset about their tweet saying that we can resummon the minions. Either they don't know that this is hardly a viable option for actual gameplay because of the cooldowns and the lengthy summon animations - which means they are simplay incompetent.

OR, and that would be even worse, they know exactly about the above mentioned problems with re-summoning the minions every time, then this answer is teeming with ignorance, arrogance and also very revealing concerning Anets thoughts on us as customers. 

@Vionetta.6039 You can switch to the elite "Chilled to the bone". Chill is a soft CC. I use this build:

[&DQgCLTUrIjnBEsESphKmEg8TDxNvAW8BAxMDEwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

for overall gameplay as Reaper. Gives plenty of carapace which gives protection and does damage, has a nice chill synergy as well, and the "Rise" shout gives minions "on demand". If you play as a reaper, that is.

Nice find on Twitter @Ratrace.5912. One of the replies to a reply seems promising that it will be re-enabled.

Disabling things (and announcing it in a tweet rather than patch notes) is temporary and most of the time it's to prevent an exploit, it'll be reenabled when it has been fixed

https://twitter.com/der_lukey/status/1429879843584462849

Completely agree on the horrible customer facing communication.