Blackgate is open! Everyone transfer there

hunkamania.7561

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:No way to justify this unless no link for them anymore like really anet is dumb af. It's almost like should we just transfer for ez mode and ruin the game or stick it out with your server.

Well, since mounts were added because Anet knows what they are doing and we should ‘just Adapt’ i Guess the same could be said for this change also..

Get over the mounts too dude except in mount threads.

I’ve been over it. ?

Maybe you need to stop blaming BG for everything wrong with the game?

People have obsessed over BG for 4 years...

Mounts have only been out for 4 months.

?

I don't blame BG for anything. Very skilled group plays the mode correctly by keeping their 6 keeps/smc and almost never overextending to make them vulnerable. The problem was the links that should be locked from transfers cause that mass transfer stacks them/kills their prior link and who ever got stuck w them. But to open them is just encouraging I doubt hulky and his VR guys cuz they tried the BG link for a week but it didn't take but maybe some other 20 man guild to bandwagon. I do like mounts tho

Hunk came one week to get fights on a reset. From there VR left because, (I would imagine) they enjoyed wrecking the bully rather than running with the bully.

Yeah I remember. It's tempting even for me cuz being on BG is almost a perm 10 pips per 5 min vs getting stuck in the who the eff knows what server I'll be linked with farming 8 pips adding 3-4 hours per week to finish diamond but It's not as fun as you said being the bully for some as this link has been constant double team which is fun fighting that off then camp taking in BG watching the other 2 teams avoid us.

However, think about what you just said..,

If BG outnumbers it’s opponents so heavily, I would think the outnumbered pips would be such an advantage. If they aren’t able to get outnumbered pips, why are they unable to field the same numbers nor be able to ‘win’

It’s normal for BG players to get outnumbered pips on 1-2 maps in prime time every night other than reset.

The data doesn’t add up yet no one looks at it objectively.

But yeah.., the meme IS fun.

I have a bunch of easy Legendary Armor from having nonstop outmanned while playing BG. Use to take breaks when we went to T2 because at the time was only playing WvW for the pips and rarely got outmanned in T2.

Playing BG is great for pips. But for the game mode they are a disaster.

I’ve got two and a half sets from those same outnumbered pips in prime time.... on BG.

What’s your point?

/rollseyes

Lol. Sure buddy, everyone believes you.

And you know what the point is. Do you really believe that BG has been good for the game mode? Seriously?

All the games not called GW2 that we are playing thank you (BG players) for your help in killing WvW.

@solemn.9608 said:

@Pagan Highlander.5948 said:Lets see, Option A, spend $20 to transfer and be stuck in mind numbing queues on BG all week, then following mindless map blobs on Bg or stuck on siege for hours and being bored senseless or option B: actually have fun and a challenge in WvW on any other server. Hmmm, I'll go with Option B

lol. So many people making ridiculous claims that have no idea what they are talking about. Where are you getting the data on these mind numbing queues? Did someone else that doesn't know what they are talking about tell you that?

Saying you don't think you'd have fun on BG is fair and reasonable, but pulling made up information out of the air is a bit silly. Last reset, we had a queue of 18 people on EBG and maybe 7 on Blue BL. Other 2 maps not queued. Are these the mind numbing queues you are referring to?

I am on BG and I am regularly getting outnumbered pips. I have not sat in a queue in ages. Please enlighten me on where you are getting your information.

edit: But please, by all means go with option B. You don't want to be on Blackgate and chances are we don't want you on BG.

Lol I’ve been linked with BG and I’ve seen the queues, don’t lie dude.

Most of the time there’s only a queue on one map which tends to be EB. A lot of the other maps you can get the outnumbered buff and quite often during prime time hours.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Pagan Highlander.5948 said:Lets see, Option A, spend $20 to transfer and be stuck in mind numbing queues on BG all week, then following mindless map blobs on Bg or stuck on siege for hours and being bored senseless or option B: actually have fun and a challenge in WvW on any other server. Hmmm, I'll go with Option B

lol. So many people making ridiculous claims that have no idea what they are talking about. Where are you getting the data on these mind numbing queues? Did someone else that doesn't know what they are talking about tell you that?

Saying you don't think you'd have fun on BG is fair and reasonable, but pulling made up information out of the air is a bit silly. Last reset, we had a queue of 18 people on EBG and maybe 7 on Blue BL. Other 2 maps not queued. Are these the mind numbing queues you are referring to?

I am on BG and I am regularly getting outnumbered pips. I have not sat in a queue in ages. Please enlighten me on where you are getting your information.

edit: But please, by all means go with option B. You don't want to be on Blackgate and chances are we don't want you on BG.

Most of the time there’s only a queue on one map which tends to be EB. A lot of the other maps you can get the outnumbered buff and quite often during prime time hours.

Yeah but BG still has a squad or group of defenders/roomers on every map almost 24/7 and that’s more than every other server has.

@XenesisII.1540 said:I blame BG for everything. :)Backdoor transfers.Door blobbing 24/7.Promoting super stacking.Match fixing T1 glicko ratings.Guilds taking too long to destack for the health of the mode.Leading cause of destruction and burnout of commanders, guilds, and servers.Ruining plans for server rewards and tournaments, since they were expected to win everything anyways.Supporting mount implementation so their zerglings could train faster door to door, and defend easier without worry of being ganked on the way. (lol)

I sleep better at night thinking it all goes back to one source!

+1

It is the BG players who killed WvW. ANET's incompetence helped. But it took players like those on BG who actively gamed the system in the worst ways to kill the game mode.

@Grim West.3194 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:No way to justify this unless no link for them anymore like really anet is dumb af. It's almost like should we just transfer for ez mode and ruin the game or stick it out with your server.

Well, since mounts were added because Anet knows what they are doing and we should ‘just Adapt’ i Guess the same could be said for this change also..

Get over the mounts too dude except in mount threads.

I’ve been over it. ?

Maybe you need to stop blaming BG for everything wrong with the game?

People have obsessed over BG for 4 years...

Mounts have only been out for 4 months.

?

I don't blame BG for anything. Very skilled group plays the mode correctly by keeping their 6 keeps/smc and almost never overextending to make them vulnerable. The problem was the links that should be locked from transfers cause that mass transfer stacks them/kills their prior link and who ever got stuck w them. But to open them is just encouraging I doubt hulky and his VR guys cuz they tried the BG link for a week but it didn't take but maybe some other 20 man guild to bandwagon. I do like mounts tho

Hunk came one week to get fights on a reset. From there VR left because, (I would imagine) they enjoyed wrecking the bully rather than running with the bully.

Yeah I remember. It's tempting even for me cuz being on BG is almost a perm 10 pips per 5 min vs getting stuck in the who the eff knows what server I'll be linked with farming 8 pips adding 3-4 hours per week to finish diamond but It's not as fun as you said being the bully for some as this link has been constant double team which is fun fighting that off then camp taking in BG watching the other 2 teams avoid us.

However, think about what you just said..,

If BG outnumbers it’s opponents so heavily, I would think the outnumbered pips would be such an advantage. If they aren’t able to get outnumbered pips, why are they unable to field the same numbers nor be able to ‘win’

It’s normal for BG players to get outnumbered pips on 1-2 maps in prime time every night other than reset.

The data doesn’t add up yet no one looks at it objectively.

But yeah.., the meme IS fun.

I have a bunch of easy Legendary Armor from having nonstop outmanned while playing BG. Use to take breaks when we went to T2 because at the time was only playing WvW for the pips and rarely got outmanned in T2.

Playing BG is great for pips. But for the game mode they are a disaster.

I’ve got two and a half sets from those same outnumbered pips in prime time.... on BG.

What’s your point?

/rollseyes

Lol. Sure buddy, everyone believes you.

And you know what the point is. Do you really believe that BG has been good for the game mode? Seriously?

All the games not called GW2 that we are playing thank you (BG players) for your help in killing WvW.

Really don’t care if you do believe me.

Your illogical viewpoint is without merit. Look at the server status.

And yes..., BG killed the mode. Got it.

@Swamurabi.7890 said:

@Swamurabi.7890 said:Maybe Anet should change their world linking/locking metric from player-hours to one that also factors in tier and skirmish finishes.Test it out before Alliances.

To further incentivize tanking?

That hasn't stopped it being used, ahem, by BG it the past. Anyone remember Hybergate?

If you average it out over several matches that would reduce it's abuse.

Read your whole statement again...,

Which server has the most organization of all the servers left right now?

How hard would it be to abuse that...?

I mean if you want to give a server like BG the ability to ‘tank’ and kill their PPT for a few weeks just to open itself, go ahead... see where it gets you...

Can people really be this short sighted?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Yeah but isn't that most servers. No one is out there with ques on 2 maps let alone 3 or 4 except on reset or the famous YB quad link fiasco. Zerg moves from bl to ebg then bl becomes outnumbered. Just because you got those extra 5 pips doesn't mean you don't have the bigger zerg running or better overall coverage.

No one has said anything about coverage. It was addressing the meme that is BG is queued on all maps all the time lol.

Read back through the quotes. Someone noted how they have gotten legendary armor with outnumbered pips from facing BG. I noted I have 2.5 sets of the same from outnumbered maps while ON BG.

But yeah.. w/e Jayden. I know you won’t believe any of it anyway. It’s all good. Believe the hype.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:And yes..., BG killed the mode. Got it.

They never killed WvW, just T1. Which impacted WvW negatively because people started tanking in T2 just to avoid blackgate - a long time ago, and this still happens all the time. Nobody wants to fight a server that is active 24/7 and only fights under siege/tower buffs, and is basically unstoppable due to them receiving strong links for god knows what reason.

So nobody wants to be in T1 because you literally CAN NOT win.Not many people want to be in T2 because IF YOU WIN, you will be punished by blackgate and then have to tank in T2 the next week once you realize what's good for youNot many want to be in t3/t4 because half their players couldn't tell their arse from their head

So I can see why some might say BG had something to do with the current state of WvW and why everyone is leaving ...

@solemn.9608 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:And yes..., BG killed the mode. Got it.

They never killed WvW, just T1. Which impacted WvW negatively because people started tanking in T2 just to avoid blackgate - a long time ago, and this still happens all the time. Nobody wants to fight a server that is active 24/7 and only fights under siege/tower buffs, and is basically unstoppable due to them receiving strong links for god knows what reason.

So nobody wants to be in T1 because you literally CAN NOT win.Not many people want to be in T2 because IF YOU WIN, you will be punished by blackgate and then have to tank in T2 the next week once you realize what's good for youNot many want to be in t3/t4 because half their players couldn't tell their kitten from their head

So I can see why some might say BG had something to do with the current state of WvW and why everyone is leaving ...

This sounds more like those that couldn't beat BG couldn't tell their ass from their head regardless of tier. If you were a pleb in t4 and transferred to t1, did you gain some magical aura of wvw game play that makes you better?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Swamurabi.7890 said:Maybe Anet should change their world linking/locking metric from player-hours to one that also factors in tier and skirmish finishes.Test it out before Alliances.

That hasn't stopped it being used, ahem, by BG it the past. Anyone remember Hybergate?

I mean if you want to give a server like BG the ability to ‘tank’ and kill their PPT for a few weeks just to open itself, go ahead... see where it gets you...

Are you really going to defend BG til you're the last player in WvW?

@Swamurabi.7890 said:

Are you really going to defend BG til you're the last player in WvW?

No.

I also wouldn’t recommend placing them in even more control of their status.

But again, being short sighted is what has and is hurting the mode.

Institute what you suggested, and watch..., if you can’t see the inevitable conclusion, then you are part of the problem.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Pagan Highlander.5948" said:Lets see, Option A, spend $20 to transfer and be stuck in mind numbing queues on BG all week, then following mindless map blobs on Bg or stuck on siege for hours and being bored senseless or option B: actually have fun and a challenge in WvW on any other server. Hmmm, I'll go with Option B

Yeah but isn't that most servers. No one is out there with ques on 2 maps let alone 3 or 4 except on reset or the famous YB quad link fiasco. Zerg moves from bl to ebg then bl becomes outnumbered. Just because you got those extra 5 pips doesn't mean you don't have the bigger zerg running or better overall coverage.

No one has said anything about coverage. It was addressing the meme that is BG is queued on all maps all the time lol.

Read back through the quotes. Someone noted how they have gotten legendary armor with outnumbered pips from facing BG. I noted I have 2.5 sets of the same from outnumbered maps while ON BG.

But yeah.. w/e Jayden. I know you won’t believe any of it anyway. It’s all good. Believe the hype.

You are the one that should "reread some quotes" I wasn't even referring to BG. Many a time I've sat in EBG w outnumbered buff while our zerg routed some Bl. Just because you find one map outnumbered doesn't mean you have less total players at that time. It means you went to a bl that happens to be outnumbered and your zerg could be in ebg with 50 vs 30 vs 30. Which means if those 30 att anything on a bl you can defend and you still can get outnumbered pips somewhere else. Now not BG any server so saying I get outnumbered pips on or vs BG proves nothing. You chose extra pips or go where the action is a lot of the times. My point was also there are no servers not even BG that are queing every map but most servers got huge timezone coverage gaps and BG is just more evenly distributed. You aren't gonna win the meme war so stop defending it so intensely as the haters will hate with no regards to correct info.

So... you didn’t read back through the quotes as to what I was referring to.

No worries man.

@solemn.9608 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:And yes..., BG killed the mode. Got it.

So nobody wants to be in T1 because you literally CAN NOT win.Not many people want to be in T2 because IF YOU WIN, you will be punished by blackgate and then have to tank in T2 the next week once you realize what's good for youNot many want to be in t3/t4 because half their players couldn't tell their kitten from their head

No, they just happen to be good at defense, they respond well to call outs, and map chat is probably the LEAST toxic of any server I have been linked to, something I find shocking as when I was on BG before it became so strong, it was far more toxic.

As for bandwagon, people forget that a number of times servers bought guilds, sometimes many to try and control T1 and kill BG, I remember seeing some ungodly stacked servers. Downside is that many if not most of the guilds that stacked them were all prime time, so they still never matched off hours of BG. Those servers did win matchups though vs BG, but paid for guilds never stuck around long and moved to the next best thing or next pay roll, and those servers lost good tags and the servers dropped. This happened many times with all sorts of talk by community leaders on other forums about how they were going to destroy BG, because as much as people hate on BG, everyone still wanted to be the next BG.

As for being active 24/7, that is a good thing for the server, not a bad thing, and most people want the same thing for their own server. As for "only fighting under siege/tower buffs", I have not seen any of the tags do this, and SMC etc etc often has far less siege in it than other servers I have been on. However, with that said, EVERY SERVER will fight with siege or buffs, I have never been on a single server that does not do this, not only that, but there is nothing wrong with it, as it is a siege mode game and using things to your advantage is just good tactics. It also doesn't bother me, because I am almost never in EBG and if I am I don't run with the zerg. But BG doesn't do this anymore than any other server does. Why people cry about this when talking about any server they are facing, not just BG, always amazes me. Don't like ACs? Go roaming and step out from that zerg cover and discover a world free of most siege.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Pagan Highlander.5948" said:Lets see, Option A, spend $20 to transfer and be stuck in mind numbing queues on BG all week, then following mindless map blobs on Bg or stuck on siege for hours and being bored senseless or option B: actually have fun and a challenge in WvW on any other server. Hmmm, I'll go with Option B

You are the one that should "reread some quotes" I wasn't even referring to BG. Many a time I've sat in EBG w outnumbered buff while our zerg routed some Bl. Just because you find one map outnumbered doesn't mean you have less total players at that time. It means you went to a bl that happens to be outnumbered and your zerg could be in ebg with 50 vs 30 vs 30. Which means if those 30 att anything on a bl you can defend and you still can get outnumbered pips somewhere else. Now not BG any server so saying I get outnumbered pips on or vs BG proves nothing. You chose extra pips or go where the action is a lot of the times. My point was also there are no servers not even BG that are queing every map but most servers got huge timezone coverage gaps and BG is just more evenly distributed. You aren't gonna win the meme war so stop defending it so intensely as the haters will hate with no regards to correct info.

So... you didn’t read back through the quotes as to what I was referring to.

No worries man.

Yeah I did. Still don't see why my last word coverage was the only thing you got upset about as everything else supported BG isn't qued on every map but used no server is qued on every map.

No worries man.

Never disputed the ‘coverage’ argument. Happen to agree with you.....

Which is why I am certain you didn’t read what I was actually responding to.