There's something fishy going on...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@VoidNard.7206 said:Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla

What expansion annoucement??? :o

@kharmin.7683 said:I believe that the hope is for an expansion announcement at the end of the month.

That would be
awesome
!

It was just Cellofrag reading between the lines, that this announcement is something more, and actually just set people for disappointment.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arden.7480 said:

Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla

While I won't naively say they're paying no attention to the timing of what Blizzard's doing, August is GW2's Anniversary month so even if WoW didn't exist at all it would make sense for them to wind up the month with big news.

@VoidNard.7206 said:Why is all the new content being added to the gem store??Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla and why have we had such a bad content drought??

Where are you getting this idea that the 30th August announcement is an expansion? It's for the first episode of Living World Season 5 and that has been known ever since it was announced by Anet. It's literally in the same post. Please stop spreading misleading information.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:Can I has your stuff??Also, the announcement is about living world season 5 and not an x-pac. Any speculation otherwise has been debunked.Also, Wow vanilla is already announcedAlso, this is at the same time as the gw2 anniversary, it got nothing to do with Wow vanilla.

Are you sure? Why all this hiring of a theatre just to announce something like a new season.... I do not see all the excitement just for such a thing.

ArenaNet said so themselves in their announcement:

Are you ready to catch the very first look at an all-new chapter in Guild Wars 2‘s Living World story?

Well this is disappointing, no xpack is meh.

@Donari.5237 said:

Also, other than to compete with wow vanilla, why does anet NEED to make their expansion announcement at the same time as WoW Vanilla

While I won't naively say they're paying no attention to the timing of what Blizzard's doing, August is GW2's Anniversary month so even if WoW didn't exist at all it would make sense for them to wind up the month with big news.

oh that's not my words... it was just part of OP

The Gem Store makes money, it's the source of income for A-net.. but just like discussed in rewards/loot topics the good stuff is not in the game.You have to buy it, none the less I have not been inclined to login and play for weeks.. if only just to craft my daily things and logout until my materials/gold runs out.Then it's thanks for the 3 years and goodbye.

@VoidNard.7206 said:

@"Offair.2563" said:"Are we ever going to get a rework on WvW (mounts ruined it especially for thieves)? "

Nike teefs getting outrun these days? OK TIME FOR REWORK AS THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Thief was just an example. I hate thieves in general, but I used thieves as an example to illustrate the idea that mobility for roaming in WvW is not nearly as relevant as before.

How is mobilty in WvW not relevant as before? Is it not relevant because now everyone can run away from fights with the mount and not just thieves and mesmers, especially troll thieves stealthing and running away like a headless chicken when they CMI?