Blackgate is open! Everyone transfer there

hunkamania.7561

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:As for bandwagon, people forget that a number of times servers bought guilds, sometimes many to try and control T1 and kill BG, I remember seeing some ungodly stacked servers. Downside is that many if not most of the guilds that stacked them were all prime time, so they still never matched off hours of BG. Those servers did win matchups though vs BG, but paid for guilds never stuck around long and moved to the next best thing or next pay roll, and those servers lost good tags and the servers dropped. This happened many times with all sorts of talk by community leaders on other forums about how they were going to destroy BG, because as much as people hate on BG, everyone still wanted to be the next BG.

BG paid for a lot of guilds back in the day too. Speaking of control ONS and TW both had alts guilds on the other two t1 servers to prop them up. Let's not pretend BG is innocent.

As for being active 24/7, that is a good thing for the server, not a bad thing, and most people want the same thing for their own server. As for "only fighting under siege/tower buffs", I have not seen any of the tags do this, and SMC etc etc often has far less siege in it than other servers I have been on.

Please just stop, just last week fought bg on mag and they were using siege like they were ex yb players, guys up on smc outer wall building multiple balistas to hit the group fighting below by the ne sentry while bg had a decent zerg running and multiple treb fire and mortars, it was sad. As soon as you got anywhere near smc the trebs would be firing with pretty good precision, like these guys had a ton of practice on them. Then when we had smc and fighting in the sw area you'd have guys building multiple open field balistas to fire on players.

Just because you're roaming in no mans land and don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....When BG opened yesterday...2 full servers6 very high servers9 high servers7 medium servers

Now...2 full servers1 very high servers11 high servers10 medium servers

Kaineng very high to medium, wonder where they went hmmmm

rWDyNaw.jpg

P.S Awaiting the first post about not being able to get a friend/guild/alliance/girlfriend/boyfriend/mom/dad/second cousin uncle two family lines over, on BG in time.

I will just "toss" my experience in regards of BG matches, it can't get more lame than it was (and probably still), I haven't faced Bg or be with them for long time, which i am very thankful for.

If you are in BG, you will outnumber people (in before rambo comes and say they don't, they do), BG outnumbers other servers, I don't zerg, I like to play in small groups, so in my case if i am with them I have nothing to do, if i am against them well ... nothing to do as well, because they outnumber you and most of their things are t3, and most of them do hide.

But thanks to them I have Aurora now, they tossed us once against them this year and it was so much fun that I decided that it was good time to pve.

This is from a person who used to spend 99.9% of the time in WvW. (I still do) when I am playing.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:As for bandwagon, people forget that a number of times servers bought guilds, sometimes many to try and control T1 and kill BG, I remember seeing some ungodly stacked servers. Downside is that many if not most of the guilds that stacked them were all prime time, so they still never matched off hours of BG. Those servers did win matchups though vs BG, but paid for guilds never stuck around long and moved to the next best thing or next pay roll, and those servers lost good tags and the servers dropped. This happened many times with all sorts of talk by community leaders on other forums about how they were going to destroy BG, because as much as people hate on BG, everyone still wanted to be the next BG.

BG paid for a lot of guilds back in the day too. Speaking of control ONS and TW both had alts guilds on the other two t1 servers to prop them up. Let's not pretend BG is innocent.

As for being active 24/7, that is a good thing for the server, not a bad thing, and most people want the same thing for their own server. As for "only fighting under siege/tower buffs", I have not seen any of the tags do this, and SMC etc etc often has far less siege in it than other servers I have been on.

Please just stop, just last week fought bg on mag and they were using siege like they were ex yb players, guys up on smc outer wall building multiple balistas to hit the group fighting below by the ne sentry while bg had a decent zerg running and multiple treb fire and mortars, it was sad. As soon as you got anywhere near smc the trebs would be firing with pretty good precision, like these guys had a ton of practice on them. Then when we had smc and fighting in the sw area you'd have guys building multiple open field balistas to fire on players.

Just because you're roaming in no mans land and don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Yes, some guilds on BG did the same thing....Thats my point. People LOVE to hate on BG, but everyone still wanted to be the next BG and control T1. No one so far has been able to and everyone is salty about it that now most people just hate on them because they have managed to have a more evenly distributed coverage.

Was in the matchup and didn't see any of that, I was in EBG then because Mag almost only fights or defends EBG, they will let their BL fall to waste before leaving EBG (old long time Mag player here) so their BL was empty of most fights. I can also say the same thing when pushing your keep, I don't think I have seen so many ACs going at once. Again, people like to claim so and so server does soooooo much siege, while ignoring or not seeing how much their own server does use. Like I said, EVERY SERVER uses siege, and they should, it's there for a reason. And if siege use is your only complaint of BG, which can be applied to every server, well, not sure why the hate for BG. I see what happens, roaming means I am all over the map, I scout etc as well, and just because I said I 90% roam doesn't mean I am never with the zerg, or just happen to be in the same area, where I will go and pick off back liners from the other side, free bags are hard to say no to.

Worth repeating as I am sure the bandwagon calling is coming again, but I am on Kaineng, not BG and was there before the link, I also have 6,000 gems sitting in my account not being used on anything and didn't transfer when BG was open. And I have fought against BG many fold more times than I have been linked with them and when I was on BG it was before they were T1.

Maybe it's because I have server hopped so much and been on every NA server at some point, that I understand the servers are mostly the same, with the same amount of siege use etc. It's also specific people, and guilds that do it as well, most people on most servers (with very few exceptions today) don't even bother to use siege. And other than attacking, I almost never see tags drop siege anymore, back in the day as soon as a keep was capped the tag on most servers went around and dropped siege everywhere for people to build before moving on.

But, to sum things up, people cry that BG is to big, and has queues all day long, then that is proven wrong. Then it's coverage (it is) that is demonized, which shouldn't be, it should be a goal for all servers. And then it devolves into "OMG BG uses ACssssssssss!!!11!11!", let me just say if your server doesn't understand basic siege clearing, and just bashes it's head on the gate while being rained on, it has bigger problems.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Wow....When BG opened yesterday...2 full servers6 very high servers9 high servers7 medium servers

rWDyNaw.jpg

P.S Awaiting the first post about not being able to get a friend/guild/alliance/girlfriend/boyfriend/mom/dad/second cousin uncle two family lines over, on BG in time.

Well, there was that vR guild that wanted to come....

Was in the matchup and didn't see any of that, I was in EBG then because Mag almost only fights or defends EBG, they will let their BL fall to waste before leaving EBG (old long time Mag player here) so their BL was empty of most fights. I can also say the same thing when pushing your keep, I don't think I have seen so many ACs going at once. Again, people like to claim so and so server does soooooo much siege, while ignoring or not seeing how much their own server does use. Like I said, EVERY SERVER uses siege, and they should, it's there for a reason. And if siege use is your only complaint of BG, which can be applied to every server,
well, not sure why the hate for BG.
. I see what happens, roaming means I am all over the map, I scout etc as well, and just because I said I 90% roam doesn't mean I am never with the zerg, or just happen to be in the same area, where I will go and pick off back liners from the other side, free bags are hard to say no to.

Because as much as everyone professes they don’t care about winning, they actually care and hate not being able to compete.

Should they? No. There is nothing for winning. But hopefully alliances kick in, and we’ll find a new ‘top alliance’ to hate on because they figure out how to game the system so everyone else is mad.

Which, BTW is why we shouldn’t incentivize winning any more.

Play-time wise; BG is somewhat equal to less than equal to other servers in T1. Players wise, they did (not sure about now), but they did have considerably less.

Here is the thing; you log on, and you see the same group of players morning, evening, and night. The players on BG, are the same group continually seen most of the day (even some overnight). It's the same group that's both part of a blob, but also the same group chronically outnumbered during other parts of the day.

When you look across at the other server fixed in T1, and the servers that keep coming up, and you count the number of guilds and players during their raid times, it's absolutely insane just how many players the other servers have. So the question is, where do they disappear to after their raid times? Where do they disappear to the rest of the match-up? I've seen many people mention servers can only compete with BG during reset or the weekend.... why is that? Where do all these players disappear to?

For example: Server A has 100 players, Server B has 500 players, and server C has 250 players. Server A likes to play all throughout the week. Server B only really like to play on weekends and very sporadically throughout the week. Server C, mainly plays weekends with a raid or 2 during the week. The illusion? Server A has more players because they're always on. In reality though, both Server B and C have more, with server B drastically outnumbering the others.

Sound familiar? This isn't a over-stacking issue on BG's side. This is player playtime issue on the other servers side. If you don't want BG constantly winning, try logging on and participating at other times outside the weekend or the occasional drop in during the week.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Play-time wise; BG is somewhat equal to less than equal to other servers in T1. Players wise, they did (not sure about now), but they did have considerably less.

Here is the thing; you log on, and you see the same group of players morning, evening, and night. The players on BG, are the same group continually seen most of the day (even some overnight). It's the same group that's both part of a blob, but also the same group chronically outnumbered during other parts of the day.

When you look across at the other server fixed in T1, and the servers that keep coming up, and you count the number of guilds and players during their raid times, it's absolutely insane just how many players the other servers have. So the question is, where do they disappear to after their raid times? Where do they disappear to the rest of the match-up? I've seen many people mention servers can only compete with BG during reset or the weekend.... why is that? Where do all these players disappear to?

For example: Server A has 100 players, Server B has 500 players, and server C has 250 players. Server A likes to play all throughout the week. Server B only really like to play on weekends and very sporadically throughout the week. Server C, mainly plays weekends with a raid or 2 during the week. The illusion? Server A has more players because they're always on. In reality though, both Server B and C have more, with server B drastically outnumbering the others.

Sound familiar? This isn't a over-stacking issue on BG's side. This is player playtime issue on the other servers side. If you don't want BG constantly winning, try logging on and participating at other times outside the weekend or the occasional drop in during the week.

Add to that BG gets very few truly new players. Most of their active population are experienced with WvW. When a new to the game player buys the game, they can’t select BG. Pretty much haven’t been able to in 4 years. That gives a level of consistency and familiarity that other servers just don’t have.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Wow....When BG opened yesterday...2 full servers6 very high servers9 high servers7 medium servers

rWDyNaw.jpg

Did u go 2 BG 2?

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:As for bandwagon, people forget that a number of times servers bought guilds, sometimes many to try and control T1 and kill BG, I remember seeing some ungodly stacked servers. Downside is that many if not most of the guilds that stacked them were all prime time, so they still never matched off hours of BG. Those servers did win matchups though vs BG, but paid for guilds never stuck around long and moved to the next best thing or next pay roll, and those servers lost good tags and the servers dropped. This happened many times with all sorts of talk by community leaders on other forums about how they were going to destroy BG, because as much as people hate on BG, everyone still wanted to be the next BG.

Yes, some guilds on BG did the same thing....Thats my point. People LOVE to hate on BG, but everyone still wanted to be the next BG and control T1. No one so far has been able to and everyone is salty about it that now most people just hate on them because they have managed to have a more evenly distributed coverage.

Was in the matchup and didn't see any of that, I was in EBG then because Mag almost only fights or defends EBG, they will let their BL fall to waste before leaving EBG (old long time Mag player here) so their BL was empty of most fights. I can also say the same thing when pushing your keep, I don't think I have seen so many ACs going at once. Again, people like to claim so and so server does soooooo much siege, while ignoring or not seeing how much their own server does use. Like I said, EVERY SERVER uses siege, and they should, it's there for a reason. And if siege use is your only complaint of BG, which can be applied to every server, well, not sure why the hate for BG. I see what happens, roaming means I am all over the map, I scout etc as well, and just because I said I 90% roam doesn't mean I am never with the zerg, or just happen to be in the same area, where I will go and pick off back liners from the other side, free bags are hard to say no to.

Worth repeating as I am sure the bandwagon calling is coming again, but I am on Kaineng, not BG and was there before the link, I also have 6,000 gems sitting in my account not being used on anything and didn't transfer when BG was open. And I have fought against BG many fold more times than I have been linked with them and when I was on BG it was before they were T1.

Maybe it's because I have server hopped so much and been on every NA server at some point, that I understand the servers are mostly the same, with the same amount of siege use etc. It's also specific people, and guilds that do it as well, most people on most servers (with very few exceptions today) don't even bother to use siege. And other than attacking, I almost never see tags drop siege anymore, back in the day as soon as a keep was capped the tag on most servers went around and dropped siege everywhere for people to build before moving on.

But, to sum things up, people cry that BG is to big, and has queues all day long, then that is proven wrong. Then it's coverage (it is) that is demonized, which shouldn't be, it should be a goal for all servers. And then it devolves into "OMG BG uses ACssssssssss!!!11!11!", let me just say if your server doesn't understand basic siege clearing, and just bashes it's head on the gate while being rained on, it has bigger problems.

Hah, BG wins matches because they have more players who play at all hours. That is all.

BG player's only skills are at gaming the system, buying guilds, and cheating. That is all.

Not something to be proud of for sure. Most people have zero respect for the players on BandwagonGate and for good reason.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Was in the matchup and didn't see any of that, I was in EBG then because Mag almost only fights or defends EBG, they will let their BL fall to waste before leaving EBG (old long time Mag player here) so their BL was empty of most fights. I can also say the same thing when pushing your keep, I don't think I have seen so many ACs going at once.

Well siege pile ups also tend to happen when your keep gets pushed often by the other two servers. But yes there was one person taking care of building and refreshing siege, there was even a long argument about it in map chat, dunno what about, but I even joke commented there wasn't enough siege I'd like to place an order for more acs. Considering mag has less population than bg and fc most times in the matchup it's going to happen. I can understand servers that are outnumbered a lot using siege a lot, because it's the couple people who still hold hope they can hold off a zerg with an ac.

Again, people like to claim so and so server does soooooo much siege, while ignoring or not seeing how much their own server does use. Like I said, EVERY SERVER uses siege, and they should, it's there for a reason. And if siege use is your only complaint of BG, which can be applied to every server, well, not sure why the hate for BG. I see what happens, roaming means I am all over the map, I scout etc as well, and just because I said I 90% roam doesn't mean I am never with the zerg, or just happen to be in the same area, where I will go and pick off back liners from the other side, free bags are hard to say no to.

Yes obviously every server sieges, I'm not saying Mag doesn't use siege lmao, what I'm saying it's sad the biggest server still has to use more siege than those smaller and weaker than them. Does that 3rd floor trebber really need to target every little roamer that runs by smc? no they don't, did those guys on the outer wall really need to build more balistas on the wall instead of joining their zerg below in a fight? no they didn't, it was on the front lip of the wall so easy clears, but why? did those guys in the open field really need to drop treb balista acs in the open field to fight around even numbers? no they didn't. It's sad that players on a server that runs the most comfortable numbers, still think they need to resort to using siege in those ways.

Use siege to break in, use it to defend active attacks, use it to counter siege, but to use it on smaller numbers in open field is ridiculous, and it just chases players away, there's better things to do than fighting in siege all day. They already have more numbers to overwhelm groups, they have more coverage, they have more scouts and defenders, they don't need to add so much siege to make fighting so toxic that people quit the matchup before it even begins, they'd rather not bother with you. It's obvious there's players have been in the bg bubble for years and don't really see the changes that have happened how their server has affected wvw.

Good for you, but your server just went from very high to medium overnight, pretty sure a bandwagon happened. I know of people who were constantly bandwagoning on to the BG link, this was christmas come early for them.

There are definitely servers that use more siege than others, BG SoS YB are a few, almost every server still has that one or two people that feel the need to fully siege out a place, they don't mind sitting on 3rd floor treb all day just trebbing down walls. But yeah basic siege clearing, yeah sure, a min later another one comes back up, rather just do something else. Hell one from CD even got mad at my friend for trying a while to down their treb and cannon, they had to whisper salt about it, and how we were about to lose QL... 2 mins later YB took smc from them, pretty sure they got suspended for all that salt.

I've been linked with BG this year, I've seen how they operate and how they win matches, it isn't all blobs, and it isn't all queues, although they could still run about 2 queues in prime, it's still double than everyone else. The strategy they do is take 1 keep from each side and hold it for almost the entire match, red usually doesn't care to be in t1 for multiple servers, blue is the server with the second highest coverage, easy wins against servers that don't care anymore, but hey whatever floats peoples boats.

@Swagger.1459 said:Did u go 2 BG 2?

No, and I wouldn't go on there again. I haven't cared about winning matches for years, I want to log on and get in some good fights and I don't really care where, I just don't want to be standing around doing nothing for long, or being blobbed, or blobbing down others.

rWDyNaw.jpg

This right here says everything that needs to be said. Ya done goofed anet. RIP NA wvw.

@Grim West.3194 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:As for bandwagon, people forget that a number of times servers bought guilds, sometimes many to try and control T1 and kill BG, I remember seeing some ungodly stacked servers. Downside is that many if not most of the guilds that stacked them were all prime time, so they still never matched off hours of BG. Those servers did win matchups though vs BG, but paid for guilds never stuck around long and moved to the next best thing or next pay roll, and those servers lost good tags and the servers dropped. This happened many times with all sorts of talk by community leaders on other forums about how they were going to destroy BG, because as much as people hate on BG, everyone still wanted to be the next BG.

Hah, BG wins matches because they have more players who play at all hours. That is all.

BG player's only skills are at gaming the system, buying guilds, and cheating. That is all.

Not something to be proud of for sure. Most people have zero respect for the players on BandwagonGate and for good reason.

You're wrong on all counts. That is all.

But you know what? If it makes you feel better to blame everything on the big bad BG, you go girl

Is it because people wanted to play most of the time without running around barren borders ,time zones matter for a lot of people ,as for these so called "fight'" guilds when the going gets tough they leave a server crippling it 1 spamm and straight line running isnt fighting ,call it what it is blobbing . Call me a fairweather fine I'm happy with that to be on a server that suits my time zone BG all the way

rWDyNaw.jpg

I believe that Filthy Frank "cancer growing on my back" clip fit here.