Are ANET devs going to Fix chrono ?

Hiraga Taichiru.1580

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:Then plz flood my thread by posting to have mesmer removed next season. I want too prove a point.

Like I said in your thread, mesmer will be removed permanently once they tradeoff mirage.Why they officially cant state that they are going to delete mesmer from the game? This would save a lot of time and dont delude people with "hope in the better future" eksdee

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:Then plz flood my thread by posting to have mesmer removed next season. I want too prove a point.

Like I said in your thread, mesmer will be removed permanently once they tradeoff mirage.Why they officially cant state that they are going to delete mesmer from the game? This would save a lot of time and dont delude people with "hope in the better future" eksdee

This tradeoff idea, I have no idea where they got that idea from, but all I can say is, if they didn't nerf EVERYTHING in mesmer, maybe then core would still be good, but they nerfed everything that whatever they nerf now kills builds lol

The problem we are dealing with people who want mirage to excel in longer fights and nerfed everything that made that possible, and they also see Elusive Mind as defense focused trait.

Good luck to us, we will need it.

@Heartpains.7312 said:

This tradeoff idea, I have no idea where they got that idea fromMate, even ... emmm... its clear and obvious. They did it to kill chrono oneshot build regardless of being meme tier and one trick pony and has no chances for disengage unlike deadeye, that doesnt need to unload the only disengage option for a burst.I did try to duel friends with "new" chrono, you know what is my feedback ?They could just delete all shatters, I wouldnt even notice a difference, its like I dont have them, clones dies before I can shatter, if I shatter they die before they can actually shatter and the most important, it doesnt affect pve, perfect solution KAPPAAAAAAAAA

@"Hiraga Taichiru.1580" said:in 5 days from now, it will be a full month since the last update which nerfed chrono. Are ANET devs going to fix/rework the chrono E-spec? or not ??they at least should inform their players of their plans.... if they won't fix/rework the class, then it should be easy to leave the game, however don't waste our time whilst you don't plan on doing anything for this class.Really, I should be expecting one of Anet devs to write something here.Thanks

I've been complaining about this since day 1 and haven't heard a thing from them. The fact that they won't say anything as I stated before, is insulting and demoralizing. They need to realize that the big nerf they did to chrono was based on PvP feedback only which is just a small aspect of the game, and it affects all the other aspects. ANET wants PvP in this game to be an e-sport game, and honestly they have been trying for years and it is not going to happen. And making every balancing decision in the game around PvP makes no sense. Not testing their changes before making them live is very bad practice. Not getting customer feedback before a big decision like this and then ignoring these forum is being rude to your customers. And I say all this with my 20+ years of experience as a software engineer, working for big name companies... this could have been implemented in many different ways in which everyone would be happy. To name a few, tweak IP in PvP like you do with other traits. Let it cap at 3 in PvP/WvW and uncapped in PvE. Let you respect the need-for-an-illusion to shatter; I'm pretty sure we could get rid of a few useless traits in the chrono spec in favor for something like that... See that sounds like a trade-off, not a big never-going-back-from nerf.

And yet, I see all these PoF classes that are way too OP, and before we had a chance to have a fair fight against them, now it is nearly impossible to 1v1 in PvP and even do PvE without dying in a ridiculous manner.

Yeah, "lets uninstall our games and play something else", lets throw away all the time and money spent in this game for the past 7 years, cause someone made a very bad decision and doesn't have the face to acknowledge this mess. Pfft to think I actually consider last year applying for a dev position there...

@"YtseJam.9784" said:Yeah, "lets uninstall our games and play something else", lets throw away all the time and money spent in this game for the past 7 years, cause someone made a very bad decision and doesn't have the face to acknowledge this mess. Pfft to think I actually consider last year applying for a dev position there...

well if you play the game for 7 years , then you have the absolute right to say these things... and i knew that they were rude since i became a regular player in this game... Why ?..The moment i changed from F2P player to regular player 1-2 years ago, when i paid 100$ to get the full game this happened to me2zQHbhx.jpgthen i tried to get help from the forums and i got thisliA1FVC.jpgnow at that time, i couldn't speak to anyone to help me with this matter. But Ooh they have this "submit Ticket" system, which is pretty useless in my opinion in which i had to wait 2-3 weeks for my ticket to be read in which it got marked as resolved, but it did not actually get resolved and i had to wait for extra days to get it done... i have sworn from that day that i will not pay anything for this game.....and i was originally Condi FB, but they nerfed it which had me to go to soulbeast and that also got nerfed and then when i found that chrono is most Intriguing to play with they nerfed it too much; i had to quit the game.

PS. im a person who does not share passwords and im very confident that i was not hacked... If my account had been accessed by another person.. then the only thing comes to mind that Anet security got breached.

I never had an issue with the game, I've sent a ticket once because I made a mistake on the gem store and it was solved really smooth and fast.

On the other hand these forums' mods are out of touch. Got banned one week (last week) for what I assume was saying "degenerate" in some comments. But wasn't "degenerate" what dev told that was the reason for banning CI from game?Today a thread a guy made about gw1 and was deleted as well.Happy trigger mods...

Regarding chrono don't expect anything, these devs never aknowledge a mistake, at most (far fetch but still for the sake of example) they'll make IR a minor or something.

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:I never had an issue with the game, I've sent a ticket once because I made a mistake on the gem store and it was solved really smooth and fast.

On the other hand these forums' mods are out of touch. Got banned one week (last week) for what I assume was saying "degenerate" in some comments. But wasn't "degenerate" what dev told that was the reason for banning CI from game?Today a thread a guy made about gw1 and was deleted as well.Happy trigger mods...

Regarding chrono don't expect anything, these devs never aknowledge a mistake, at most (far fetch but still for the sake of example) they'll make IR a minor or something.

Oh no,im not expecting anything atm from them... i am pretty sure they've seen this post, but no answer till now.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Skotlex.7580 said:The issue isn't clone health as much as the WvW zerg setting, where clones don't last a cinch. For small scale they are fine as far as I can tell.

Possible solutions?

Make clones always have 15% or 20% HP of the player (affected by vitality) instead of global 2400 HP.

That is a bad idea. It would also affect mirage clones.Instead of having superspeed for the trait Time catches up, why not make the clones gain barrier and have it gain 15% HP of the player (it would scale dynamically based on the HP pool during a fight) on top of the global 2400 HP when they are shattered ?

@flog.3485 said:

Make clones always have 15% or 20% HP of the player (affected by vitality) instead of global 2400 HP.

That is a bad idea. It would also affect mirage clones.

I know that. Clones die too quick in any mesmer build. If IH/Ambushes are fixed, tougher clones would be okay in mirage as well.

Instead of having superspeed for the trait Time catches up, why not make the clones gain barrier and have it gain 15% HP of the player (it would scale dynamically based on the HP pool during a fight) on top of the global 2400 HP when they are shattered ?

Superspeed trait was used a lot, because it used to solve a giant problem mesmer had before phantasm rework. I am not sure but I guess it can be changed, however not in this way. By the way, it would be better to scale the barrier with healing power.

@Tayga.3192 said:

I know that. Clones die too quick in any mesmer build. If IH/Ambushes are fixed, tougher clones would be okay in mirage as well.

Instead of having superspeed for the trait Time catches up, why not make the clones gain barrier and have it gain 15% HP of the player (it would scale dynamically based on the HP pool during a fight) on top of the global 2400 HP when they are shattered ?

Superspeed trait was used a lot, because it used to solve a giant problem mesmer had before phantasm rework. I am not sure but I guess it can be changed, however not in this way. By the way, it would be better to scale the barrier with healing power.

Well of course healing power would need to be taken into account. Why don’t you like barrier though ? And correct meif I am wrong but doesn’t Barrier already scale with healing power ?

@Hiraga Taichiru.1580 said:

@"YtseJam.9784" said:Yeah, "lets uninstall our games and play something else", lets throw away all the time and money spent in this game for the past 7 years, cause someone made a very bad decision and doesn't have the face to acknowledge this mess. Pfft to think I actually consider last year applying for a dev position there...

well if you play the game for 7 years , then you have the absolute right to say these things... and i knew that they were rude since i became a regular player in this game... Why ?..The moment i changed from F2P player to regular player 1-2 years ago, when i paid 100$ to get the full game this happened to me
2zQHbhx.jpg
then i tried to get help from the forums and i got this
liA1FVC.jpg
now at that time, i couldn't speak to anyone to help me with this matter. But Ooh they have this "submit Ticket" system, which is pretty useless in my opinion in which i had to wait 2-3 weeks for my ticket to be read in which it got marked as resolved, but it did not actually get resolved and i had to wait for extra days to get it done... i have sworn from that day that i will not pay anything for this game.....and i was originally Condi FB, but they nerfed it which had me to go to soulbeast and that also got nerfed and then when i found that chrono is most Intriguing to play with they nerfed it too much; i had to quit the game.

PS. im a person who does not share passwords and im very confident that i was not hacked... If my account had been accessed by another person.. then the only thing comes to mind that Anet security got breached.

I get it I'm also at my limit at the moment I also started as f2p after people I know suggest it me multiply times but actually they stopped nearly playing it because they got frustrated by HoT and the raids . I also started as ele then after I played everything through nought HoT and started playing fractals as Staff Tempest actually back then I wasn't really good with it but I kept it even after PoF start for a while but then switched to Staff Weaver because Arena.NET nerfed Tempest too hard.

Since the I play mainly staff Weaver but end last year they nerfed it hard with the chrono . I have everything for other Ele builds but I really can play them at least not on the level I can play staff Ele/Weaver. Basically a simlear game I had in LoL before I quit it every char I choose got nerfed . It is not a problem of flexibility I play Heal FB , Heal Tempest and support Rev too. It is just the nerf got so strong that the core mechanic which makes the built interesting doesn't work properly any more.

(support) Chrono was dead for high end PvE endgame since February , in pvp chrono was never great at least not like the mirage, in wvw chrono was necessary for stealth. As PvE DPS chrono is seen rarely so I also don't understand why they kept punishing it like betting a dead horse. Yes its still true people playing it but just because they learned it until they know it very well. For wvw I already said at in a other thread what frustrate me and for fractals basically too less people to play atm and Sirens Reef because the ships is too small for the mechanic.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

well if you play the game for 7 years , then you have the absolute right to say these things... and i knew that they were rude since i became a regular player in this game... Why ?..The moment i changed from F2P player to regular player 1-2 years ago, when i paid 100$ to get the full game this happened to me
2zQHbhx.jpg
then i tried to get help from the forums and i got this
liA1FVC.jpg
now at that time, i couldn't speak to anyone to help me with this matter. But Ooh they have this "submit Ticket" system, which is pretty useless in my opinion in which i had to wait 2-3 weeks for my ticket to be read in which it got marked as resolved, but it did not actually get resolved and i had to wait for extra days to get it done... i have sworn from that day that i will not pay anything for this game.....and i was originally Condi FB, but they nerfed it which had me to go to soulbeast and that also got nerfed and then when i found that chrono is most Intriguing to play with they nerfed it too much; i had to quit the game.

I get it I'm also at my limit at the moment I also started as f2p after people I know suggest it me multiply times but actually they stopped nearly playing it because they got frustrated by HoT and the raids . I also started as ele then after I played everything through nought HoT and started playing fractals as Staff Tempest actually back then I wasn't really good with it but I kept it even after PoF start for a while but then switched to Staff Weaver because Arena.NET nerfed Tempest too hard.

Since the I play mainly staff Weaver but end last year they nerfed it hard with the chrono . I have everything for other Ele builds but I really can play them at least not on the level I can play staff Ele/Weaver. Basically a simlear game I had in LoL before I quit it every char I choose got nerfed . It is not a problem of flexibility I play Heal FB , Heal Tempest and support Rev too. It is just the nerf got so strong that the core mechanic which makes the built interesting doesn't work properly any more.

(support) Chrono was dead for high end PvE endgame since February , in pvp chrono was never great at least not like the mirage, in wvw chrono was necessary for stealth. As PvE DPS chrono is seen rarely so I also don't understand why they kept punishing it like betting a dead horse. Yes its still true people playing it but just because they learned it until they know it very well. For wvw I already said at in a other thread what frustrate me and for fractals basically too less people to play atm and Sirens Reef because the ships is too small for the mechanic.

Support chrono is nowhere near dead in raids. Fractal chrono is dead for like a year because of soi change but raid chrono is still strong and meta at all encounters exept some thief bosses and chrono bosses for very skilled groups.

@Tayga.3192 said:

That is the main problem with this 1 illusion requirement. The clones die too quickly. Now if you tell me that you need at least 1 to shatter, but they don't die as soon as your target dies, they die when you get out of combat or something like that, then that sounds more reasonable for a requirement like this.

@"BadMed.3846" said:Chrono got fixed. Can we fix Mirage the same way now please?

• "Fixed!", BadMed

Until such time as someone comes along and manages to break the game with some crazy new build that ends up beating you constantly... Then it will just be the same old crying about Mesmer again. Core issues of Mesmer will always end up making players like you call for nerfs endlessly, we want the profession actually fixed as much as the next player, probably more so... tired of getting nerfed for things that are not even the real issue at all.

@Delofasht.4231 said:

@"BadMed.3846" said:Chrono got fixed. Can we fix Mirage the same way now please?
  • "Fixed!", BadMed

Until such time as someone comes along and manages to break the game with some crazy new build that ends up beating you constantly... Then it will just be the same old crying about Mesmer again. Core issues of Mesmer will always end up making players like you call for nerfs endlessly, we want the profession actually fixed as much as the next player, probably more so... tired of getting nerfed for things that are not even the real issue at all.

Players like me will keep calling for nerfs as long as unskilled players keep hiding behind a broken spec and pretend that it's been nerfed to the ground. Mirage is ridiculously broken even after the CI temp change. Redesign or nerf, I don't care. I just want Mirage to loose some of its capabilities. It does way too much in terms of ability to spike damage, spam conditions, endless CCs, endless escape mechanics to engage at will along with excellent mobility.

@"BadMed.3846" said:

Players like me will keep calling for nerfs as long as unskilled players keep hiding behind a broken spec and pretend that it's been nerfed to the ground. Mirage is ridiculously broken even after the CI temp change. Redesign or nerf, I don't care. I just want Mirage to loose some of its capabilities. It does way too much in terms of ability to spike damage, spam conditions, endless CCs, endless escape mechanics to engage at will along with excellent mobility.well two things you must know first of all Mirage does not have endless CC. In fact, all mirage weapon/utlity skills also the in the whole build has not a single CC, all CC comes from core Mesmer skills and secondly mirage shines when deceiving other players from the name "Mirage".by pointing these out, its obviously you don't play a character which could counter mirage (condi or power). to put it simple Holosmith can counter DE really easy, and ranger could counter necromancer specs really easy also DE (Thiefs) can counter mesmer specs like mirage easily. but it seems that you are expecting that your character what ever E-spec it has , should be able to kill every single character in the game... no, thats not how it works -some build/gear/e-spec are required to change to be able to do so, but not in the same time(Imagine you are fighting 2 people condi and power, and your build is anti condi, then you well probably wont stay long against the power dmg)-but it seems you don't know these things unfortunately.also let me point out this@"BadMed.3846" said:Chrono got fixed. Can we fix Mirage the same way now please?

i would really expect you to know about chrono before you suggest it got fixed...how about this, make a video playing chrono in 5 matches in pvp and show me the performance of your "Fixed chrono", easy right?. or even go to WvW and show me how fun it is to get killed by every single character so easily.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:Chrono got fixed. Can we fix Mirage the same way now please?
  • "Fixed!", BadMed

Players like me will keep calling for nerfs as long as unskilled players keep hiding behind a broken spec and pretend that it's been nerfed to the ground. Mirage is ridiculously broken even after the CI temp change. Redesign or nerf, I don't care. I just want Mirage to loose some of its capabilities. It does way too much in terms of ability to spike damage, spam conditions, endless CCs, endless escape mechanics to engage at will along with excellent mobility.

A purely subjective post that ignores that every profession currently has a build with way too much of everything you are singling out Mesmer for. Also, Mirage has limited CC capabilities, actually gaining nothing over Core Mesmer in terms of CC at all. You are always crying for nerfs on Mesmer... without at least providing clear numerical example of how they are overperforming. You seem to just have the same issues of many players, dealing with clones through use of environment and AoE.

I can't even stand to login anymore. Anet sent me a survey and I told them as much, I have contributed $50-$100 per month on this game buying gems but they took my favorite class and trashed it. Now they don't even have the decency to respond to any of the posts asking for an explanation. I switched to playing other games. It kills me to see how pathetic the class that I have spent a lot of hours, and money on. I don't know who at Anet decided to implement this B.S. but they shouldn't have a job anymore. Obviously no one there plays mesmer. I have been playing since beta, I can't even bring myself to login for daily's anymore. I keep visiting the forums and reddit in the hopes of some good news, every patch seems like nothing more then another kick in the Kitten. I know Anet doesn't care about the little amount of money I contributed in the grand scheme of things, but I refuse to support this madness.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:Chrono got fixed. Can we fix Mirage the same way now please?
  • "Fixed!", BadMed

I too get very angry about PvE games.