What are the chances a date for Alliances release is given during the August 30th live event

Strider Pj.2193

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think the game overall needs a direction and new emphasis. If this was a 2 hour event, I'd be a lot more confident that all game modes saw attention.

As is, I'd be happy if they get a promising message along for the main focus of the game first, then follow-up as fast as possible on spvp and wvw content.

Yes, I know people love to see "their" game mode see love (and WvW could really need a lot, as well as pvp) but reality is: PvE is keeping the lights on currently. For there to be any hope that WvW improves or sees attention down the road, the PvE cashflow needs to kind of be secured. I primarily PvE and WvW, so here is me hoping WvW gets some spark and reinvigorating asap.

TL;DR:I doubt that WvW or Spvp are currently significant enough to find space in a sub 1 hour presentation.

Seems like I´m not the only pessimist here.^^Anyway, at this point any news would be good news, even an anouncement that declares alliances as abbandoned, at least then I would stop hoping for a glimpse of new content.Mediocre weapon-skins do not fit my definition of content.

@Arzurag.7506 said:Seems like I´m not the only pessimist here.^^Anyway, at this point any news would be good news, even an anouncement that declares alliances as abbandoned, at least then I would stop hoping for a glimpse of new content.Mediocre weapon-skins do not fit my definition of content.

Is it really being pessimistic when it follows the same trend we have seen for the last 6 years?

If what was mentioned in the roadmap is true it's not too unlikely that the 30th will come with a release date or at least an update.

I think I've mentioned it elsewhere somewhere but in april they stated that they had a programming team working on building the bulk code (ie., the programming equivalent of having a wireframe in place and filling it with concrete). That would have suggested early testing just before summer vacations and full QA testing starting sometime around now. A release day a couple of months from now would then not be unlikely.

Then again, other things could have gotten in the way again, they can have run into snafus or just given up completely. The 30th is still likely to update us on that. I'm sure that update will be decisive for more players than just myself.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:If what was mentioned in the roadmap is true it's not too unlikely that the 30th will come with a release date or at least an update.

I think I've mentioned it elsewhere somewhere but in april they stated that they had a programming team working on building the bulk code (ie., the programming equivalent of having a wireframe in place and filling it with concrete). That would have suggested early testing just before summer vacations and full QA testing starting sometime around now. A release day a couple of months from now would then not be unlikely.

Then again, other things could have gotten in the way again, they can have run into snafus or just given up completely. The 30th is still likely to update us on that. I'm sure that update will be decisive for more players than just myself.

I hope you are correct, (as I had to be to think about this poll lol) but it’s hard to remain optimistic after multiple false starts on things

@Grumpdogg.6910 said:100% chance you'll be banned for asking

I laughed more than I should have, Im aware of people who have been actioned for asking.

That reaction is the main reason I believe it can't and wont be done alongside dismount skills for Warclaw and Swiss for PvP. Its almost like a nerve is struck each time its brought up and some poor guy in the office gets a clip round the year for announcing projects they simply cant do.

I do hope Im proven wrong...

Yeah I would have gone with more than zero, but twenty-five is def way too high. In my imagination they wouldn't announce it they would just release it, but I guess they can't do that bc ppl would need notice to tick the wvw guild box or w/e . . .

Be realistic . It's limit of probability approaches 0.

If you ran a development studio and revenue was declining (MMOs as a genre are giving way to low dev time games such as battle royale , "autochess", & mobile /tablet) you wouldn't throw money at a minority of the playerbase (also goes for raid elitists complaints). Maximum profit per dev hour is extracted from mount skin (only need to fix clipping per race) followed by glider and outfits (not individual armor pieces). Then weapon skins sets and backpieces.

If I had to speculate, maximum money is spent on the Living Story and rightfully so.

Be happy with your Mist Lord weapons, it's probably all we'll get this year unless there's massive amounts of money to spend on dev hours.