Gotta pick up the pace

Swtor will receive its next expansion soon, final fantasy´s third! expansion shadowbringer was a great success and wow might reveal the next expansion at blizzcon as well.Now I have only high hopes for the 30th of august.Show me that you still have vision, that you are still able and willing to compete with your competitors.

@Tiviana.2650 said:Sadly its looking like thats a dead end. People said the announcement on the 30th is just S5. Well there go my hopes for an expansion.

Believe in the vanished gods that there will be more, have faith in absent joko, that they will deliever something great.They still do want our money and I ain´t giving them that for free.^^

And LS5 would be bad.. because? Other games release expansions? Doesn't make much sense to me. They've repeated that LS5 will be different and feature more expansion scale content. Couldn't care less how it turns out, it means the game goes on for at least another 2 years regardless. Time in which they can easily create an expansion.

@Blocki.4931 said:And LS5 would be bad.. because? Other games release expansions? Doesn't make much sense to me. They've repeated that LS5 will be different and feature more expansion scale content. Couldn't care less how it turns out, it means the game goes on for at least another 2 years regardless. Time in which they can easily create an expansion.

On one hand, we won´t get content that has the scale of an expansion. I´m just stating this right here, based on disappointments in the past.On the other hand, Anet will miss out on a new influx of revenue, which would have been guaranteed by selling an expansion.In other words, GW2 will miss funds for the next years if no expansion is coming or no back-up plan is at hands.

That announcement is in 17 days time. Do you really think they'd be able to change, or even add to, what's going to be announced even if they wanted to?

Sure they could pull a Peter Molyneux and announce things they haven't even started working on because someone thought of it just as they walked on stage, but as anyone whose followed any of his games can tell you that's no guarantee it will happen and Anet get 'fans' jumping down their throats for "broken promises" over even the most minor things already, to the point where they seem reluctant to tell us anything which isn't absolutely guaranteed to happen very soon in exactly the form they described. So that seems pretty unlikely. (And still wouldn't mean those things would happen any time soon - even if they decided today that, actually yes they should make another expansion, it would still take months to make it.)

Add on the fact that, thankfully, they've never been one of those companies who will abandon their own release schedule and rush something out just because they heard a competitor is going to make an announcement and it seems even less likely that anything will change at this point. We've already been told the announcement is about Season 5 of the Living Story. Expecting anything more than that is setting yourself up for disappointment.

(Although I am already expecting threads on the 30th about how they promised there would be more and the entire thing was a lie because Anet exists purely to break promises.)