These weapon skins stink. imo

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:As a person becomes an adult and gathers knowledge and understanding of the world around them, they come to understand some truths in life that often escape young inexperienced and unknowledgeable people. It's not the fault of these children honestly, experiences happen over time and through these life experiences, deeper understanding of the world takes place. One of these simple truths in life, that any functioning adult can tell you, is that what one person likes, another person may not like. I'll make it very easy to understand. Some people like hamburgers, some people like hot dogs, and there are even some people who like a salad. Some day you too will come to understand that there are many different kinds of people in this world with many different tastes. You'll get there sport.

In my experience it's rather pointless to point out that an opinion is just an opinion (which is 5 words rather than one paragraph :P). It doesn't change his opinion on the weapons. And to then expect people to not share their opinion on a forum that is there exactly for that reason, seems like you're a bit out of touch with reality. We are in an age of (over)sharing everything. But that's just my opinion.

My own personal opinion of the new WvW weapon skins.

Shield, Sword and Dagger are nice.

Greatsword is nice but needs to be a little bigger.

Sceptre is too mace-like

Staff quite bland.

Focus is nice but is too big, its like a shield!

Hammer again too big, looks rather ridiculous, other than that its a nice model.

Pistol and Rifle are too big and bulky.

Torch is too big.

Shortbow looks like someone broke the top off it.

Longbow Mace and Axe are very poor.

Warhorn looks good.

6/10

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:-Slow clap-On the topic, the point is not liking/disliking something but the fact that these weapon designs are lacklustre "upgrades" of existing Hero weapons and other skins. If you compare these weapons to Gem store or even pve skins that get released once in a while, it's easy to see the serious amount of effort spent on the latter.

Like I said it takes time to understand. Some people don't like the overblown effects on many weapons presented in the gemstore. Some people prefer a simplistic and elegant design. Personally I like a little of both. Sometimes I like the massive flaming greatsword and its many bright effects. Sometimes I think a simpler design with intricate small details looks good too. I understand that just because I like something, doesn't mean every other human being on earth also likes it. I also definitely understand that a lack of massive flaming effects on a weapon, does not equate to less effort. If you really sit down for half a second and think about it, you'll understand that its actually more effort to create an entire arsenal of simple elegant weapons, than it is to make one flaming greatsword. I also don't get upset and make a tantrum in the forums every time a weapon set comes out that doesn't personally suit my exact, specific tastes.

I never said a thing about fluff or particle effects. Personally, I dislike them and prefer clean, well-designed weapons. You are making biased assumptions here, and totally missing my point that the "new weapons" are merely slightly upgraded copies of already existing Hero skins. Period.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:As a person becomes an adult and gathers knowledge and understanding of the world around them, they come to understand some truths in life that often escape young inexperienced and unknowledgeable people. It's not the fault of these children honestly, experiences happen over time and through these life experiences, deeper understanding of the world takes place. One of these simple truths in life, that any functioning adult can tell you, is that what one person likes, another person may not like. I'll make it very easy to understand. Some people like hamburgers, some people like hot dogs, and there are even some people who like a salad. Some day you too will come to understand that there are many different kinds of people in this world with many different tastes. You'll get there sport.

Let's be honest here: people who reference someone's age as an argument against them tend to not be particularly mature themselves. But it was funny nonetheless.

Mist Lord? Classic weapon skins designs. The design isn't bad actually, some I find it beautiful infact :smile:. In normal circumstance the weapon is appealing. If compared with a glowing weapon, the glowing one usually stands out but mostly because of its glow(captures attention), not the design.

Skins such as Mist Lord easily goes unnoticed passing by another player or beside us(characters, especially on Asurans :tongue:).