PvE Build Test Lobby?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:And yes, it's work, so it does interfere with other developments that are likely more meaningful. This advanced form of 'gatekeeping' isn't about telling people their ideas are stupid ... but it does indicate acknowledgement of a level of frivolous happening here.Wow.Just.... wow.One of my prime sources of enjoyment of this game is the buildcraft. It's one of the things that hooked me on this game.

Great ... so I will ask you the same question I asked him.

If you want to promote a way to accurately test builds for PVE, why isn't expanding the golem options acceptable to you? Again, don 't come to me looking for a fight because you won't get it. I just want to understand why the current options aren't acceptable.

The engine isn't designed in such a way to allow you to click a few buttons on a golem to simulate something like a hybrid stats build.The suggestions I put forth were ones realistically available that could be done in short order without effectively taking away from anything.Adding golem selections for changing your gear would be a HUGE endeavor as they have zero precedent templates and would have to build it out from scratch.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:And yes, it's work, so it does interfere with other developments that are likely more meaningful. This advanced form of 'gatekeeping' isn't about telling people their ideas are stupid ... but it does indicate acknowledgement of a level of frivolous happening here.Wow.Just.... wow.One of my prime sources of enjoyment of this game is the buildcraft. It's one of the things that hooked me on this game.Realistically speaking it takes 20-35 gold every time I want to change stats on one of my toons and even then I still have to farm up enough berries/stumps/blood rubies for the trinkets. Between leather for insignias, the t6 mats, and the new runes and sigils it's not a cheap process.That's without getting into something like Celestial, Minstrel's or Trailblazer stats.

Frivolous? Maybe to someone who thinks everyone enjoys this game the way they do.To me, an easy way to test gear/build combinations without penalty would be the single greatest QoL improvement Arenanet could give me.

No, I'm asking a pretty simple question actually. If you want to promote a way to accurately test builds for PVE, why isn't expanding the golem options acceptable to you? It's also the kind of question you would get asked by the people that developed this game, since it's the reason they put the golem in there to begin with.There are currently three testing environments in the game. All three are targetted to the game mode they are for. The two existing PVE ones do their purpose well, they allow experienced players who want to practice their existing skills or benchmark performance the ability to do so. They do not however allow me to test out gear combinations. Nor should they.

An improved PvE testing area could not just be used by buildcraft enthusiasts like me. It could absolutely be used to tutorialize the gear system and properly explain stat sets to new players.It could be used to send people to after they use that level 80 boost to learn some essentials instead of just dropping them in the Silverwastes in Soldier's gear.It could be used to explain breakbar mechanics or condition cleansing. And give those of us who want to experiment another avenue to come up with something cool and fun.

Call it frivolous all you want. It's frivolous
to you
I spend my share of money on this game. Character slots have been my build templates for a couple of years. Some of the toons I create might get a gemstore cosmetic or I might make them a legendary because it looks good.Enabling me to do this fewer restrictions doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.I'll wager this is a more positive contribution to this game than your "advanced form gatekeeping" is.

All of this.The best way to get more players is to ensure the learning curve is both dynamic and flexible. It should target everyone, not people who have played a long time.So many people still have no idea how to even use the special mechanics button. Or about alternative dodging. Having a more in depth tutorial and testing area is exactly the way to get way more revenue and generate more playership.

@Lacuda.8543 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:And yes, it's work, so it does interfere with other developments that are likely more meaningful. This advanced form of 'gatekeeping' isn't about telling people their ideas are stupid ... but it does indicate acknowledgement of a level of frivolous happening here.Wow.Just.... wow.One of my prime sources of enjoyment of this game is the buildcraft. It's one of the things that hooked me on this game.

If you want to promote a way to accurately test builds for PVE, why isn't expanding the golem options acceptable to you? Again, don 't come to me looking for a fight because you won't get it. I just want to understand why the current options aren't acceptable.

The engine isn't designed in such a way to allow you to click a few buttons on a golem to simulate something like a hybrid stats build.The suggestions I put forth were ones realistically available that could be done in short order without effectively taking away from anything.Adding golem selections for changing your gear would be a HUGE endeavor as they have zero precedent templates and would have to build it out from scratch.

It's nice you think your suggestions are faster to do than simply upgrading golem, but you don't really know what the work is involved to do either of those two things. Seems to me your reasoning is based on what you want to the be true.

So basically, your assumption that upgrading golem is too much work to upgrade is why you don't support upgrading it?

@Obtena.7952 said:

It's nice you think your suggestions are faster to do than simply upgrading golem, but you don't really know what the work is involved to do either of those two things. Seems to me your reasoning is based on what you want to the be true.

So basically, your assumption that upgrading golem is too much work to upgrade is why you don't support upgrading it?

Curious why you think the golem would be easier?

@Lacuda.8543 said:

Where did you get that from? I'm not making a claim either way. I don't make assumptions like this to push my ideas ... and neither should anyone else.

I'm just saying ... they gave us the golem for this reason. The more likely request is to upgrade it, not ask for something completely new.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Where did you get that from? I'm not making a claim either way. I don't make assumptions like this to push my ideas ... and neither should anyone else.

Probably from here:

@Obtena.7952 said:I don't get the point ... why is the golem not good enough? If the golem doesn't have enough options, it's easier to just expand them than design and implement a whole new thing to accomodate the OP's request.

He asked why it would be easier, because you wrote it would be easier. Now stop lying you "didn't make a claim".

• Confused 1

@Lacuda.8543 said:Hello, just curious; Heart of the Mists is a great lobby for testing potential sPvP builds.PvE feels like it could really use something like this. Would be great to be able to play around with different stat combinations & runes/sigils to see if they work for the player without having to spend countless hours and gold getting the stuff just to realize that build isn't right for you.

Yeah. I have suggested adding easier to access e.g. rare quality legendary pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets) for build testing. Rare quality pieces with legendary features (stat swapping, rune/sigil unslotting). From many parts, the game encourages experimenting and finding out new things, but gearing is quite laborous, expensive and time-consuming.

@Lacuda.8543 said:The point is a lot of builds are gated behind weeks of farming work, not just gold you can throw at them.

Yeah.

@Sobx.1758 said:

He asked why it would be easier, because you wrote it would be easier. Now stop lying you "didn't make a claim".

You must be taking that out of context.

Yeah, totally. :lol:

10/10 for @Obtena.7952 disappearance act after getting called out on a blatant lie though.

This person is probably busy proving someone in a different thread wrong. Just give it time.

@knite.1542 said:

10/10 for @Obtena.7952 disappearance act after getting called out on a blatant lie though.

This person is probably busy proving someone in a different thread wrong. Just give it time.

So... was that enough time? :mrgreen:

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

So... was that enough time? :mrgreen:

I guess they decided to go be condescending somewhere else.