What's the lore for zodiac armor and starborn outfits?

Crab Fear.1624

There really isn't any lore. Though there are a couple "Astral creatures" that are found in the Mists (and one dwarven ruins of unclear nature). Best we can guess is some sort of odd Mists-based creatures/magic.

They're a bit reminiscent of the Celestials in gw1, which were souls of humans elevated to the night sky (mirroring various myths on constellations) and gaining bodies of starlight. Unclear if there is any relation though.

I think it’s the same as most gemstore items - manufactured for adventurers (or anyone who’ll buy it).

Which explains how it exists but there’s still room for more information, though I doubt we’ll ever need to spend time on how clothes and weapons are made.

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:if everything needs lore that's gonna kill all the creativity

I wholly disagree. Creating a background for all the art you do for a game only expands the lore, not kill it. Whether you think of a concept than the art, or the art than the concept.

The kodan is a prime example. There was no lore for the kodan, no thought of bear people. Then one artist (Kekai Kotaki) made an iceberg ship and drew up polar bear people, and the writers loved the art enough to go creating the entire kodan race to explain why it's in the game.

Please no....last thing i need is NPC to be judgmental of my outfit, just because i'm wearing a Mursaat robe doesn't mean i'm really one nor does wearing White Mantle mean i'm working for them, and worst of all Dragon Watch noticing i'm wearing their outfit, just a simple Charr appreciating good fashion sense.But if you want lore, just think it as an attempt to make profit by Evon Gnashblade and they won't share how they got materials to made these.

When you think about all the evil outfits like white mantle, harbringer of mordremoth, verdant executor, pirate's captain, balthazar, awakened, inquest, forged....That Elon should be a real adventurer, spy and warrior to find all of them.... still not killed? Oh WAIT maybe he has a contract with all of them.... may explain the funding...For starborn outfit I think it's just a link with the end of the season with Aurene flying to the sky... full of stars....

Anything made from the gem store, usually even voiced by Evon Gnashblade himself, is merely a replica made to look like something. It isn't real, just made to look real. They have really good (probably underpaid) designers at the Black Lion trading Company. You'll find lots of posts about the gem store on the Guildwars2.com page from Gnashblade himself. So there's your lore, created by Evon Gnashblade, an in-game CEO of the black lion trading company.