Concealing Restoration - Quality of Life

Grandtomatoe.2045

I LOVE this new trait. There is a quality of life issue with it though regarding the traits use with ranged weapons on some heal skills namely Channeled Vigor and Withdraw. If you use either of those two heals with Concealing Restoration trait, auto attack will reveal you and so instead of being stealthed and ready to do something cool you are now just revealed. I can work around it by stowing my weapon, evading right after heal, turning my character away from my target etc etc BUT it would be nice if you could clean it up for us. The trait would be sooooo much better if you did. Thank you! <3

Is this not an issue with all stealth abilities? Sorry, been a really long time since I had Auto turned on. But yes, if it works that way with the other utilities, shutting down auto attack, it should work with this traits Stealth as well. Not having skill parody in this regard would be VERY confusing for any new Thieves.

@Grandtomatoe.2045 said:I LOVE this new trait. There is a quality of life issue with it though regarding the traits use with ranged weapons on some heal skills namely Channeled Vigor and Withdraw. If you use either of those two heals with Concealing Restoration trait, auto attack will reveal you and so instead of being stealthed and ready to do something cool you are now just revealed. I can work around it by stowing my weapon, evading right after heal, turning my character away from my target etc etc BUT it would be nice if you could clean it up for us. The trait would be sooooo much better if you did. Thank you! <3

In my case, it works very well since I want the Revealed instead of the stealth most of the time to trigger Revealed Training and Flickering Shadows. If I want stealth, I move away from my target. And yes, as Kageseigi.2150 said, turn off auto-attack. No need to change this trait. It is behaving as expected.

Because it is a minor trait and shadow arts is a core trait line I think that it should work with all heals fluidly. Right now it doesn't.

They had to fix deadeye evade stealth at the beginning too. And they added a quick cast time and stability to make blinding powder work great with ranged attacks too.

Disable autoattacking. Life is better if you have control and decide when to attack.Thing that hurts me is random reveal on my deadeye. Sometimes it comes for no reason.And also — Shadow Flare is causing the reveal and I think it's stupid. You can still use stealth attack, but you have to fit between pulses.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Disable autoattacking. Life is better if you have control and decide when to attack.Thing that hurts me is random reveal on my deadeye. Sometimes it comes for no reason.And also — Shadow Flare is causing the reveal and I think it's stupid. You can still use stealth attack, but you have to fit between pulses.

The problem lies in the 1200 -1500 range. Your bullet has to travel that far before it hit. Meaning, if you stealth after shooting, the bullet will hit soon after then it will Reveal you. You just need to be mindful of all the projectiles you're throwing out there. You are getting Revealed for a reason.

Shadow Flare is a stupid skill. I never use it after trying it out. For the same cooldown, you get better result with Binding Shadow. Heck, Spider and Skale venoms are better choice than Shadow Flare for the same cooldown. The shadowstepping in that skill is a meh mechanic -- useless most of the time. You can get to 1200 range every 8 seconds using Death's Retreat. No need to have Shadow Flare to take up a utility slot.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Shadow Flare is a stupid skill. I never use it after trying it out. For the same cooldown, you get better result with Binding Shadow. Heck, Spider and Skale venoms are better choice than Shadow Flare for the same cooldown. The shadowstepping in that skill is a meh mechanic -- useless most of the time. You can get to 1200 range every 8 seconds using Death's Retreat. No need to have Shadow Flare to take up a utility slot.

Shadow Flare is a good skill to cleave trash mobs.Shadowstep is my must have, because I play solo and shadowstep is nice if I want to stay in kneeling position and run from the boss (yea, I do everything solo). It is just avoiding damage and break stun. Death's Retreat take too much initiative (I play Deadly arts/Critical Strikes).I forgot mention it — it's PvE mode, not PvP or WvW.

@Antycypator.9874 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Shadow Flare is a stupid skill. I never use it after trying it out. For the same cooldown, you get better result with Binding Shadow. Heck, Spider and Skale venoms are better choice than Shadow Flare for the same cooldown. The shadowstepping in that skill is a meh mechanic -- useless most of the time. You can get to 1200 range every 8 seconds using Death's Retreat. No need to have Shadow Flare to take up a utility slot.

Shadow Flare is a good skill to cleave trash mobs.Shadowstep is my must have, because I play solo and shadowstep is nice if I want to stay in kneeling position and run from the boss (yea, I do everything solo). It is just avoiding damage and break stun. Death's Retreat take too much initiative (I play Deadly arts/Critical Strikes).I forgot mention it — it's PvE mode, not PvP or WvW.

Using Shadow Flare to cleave trash mob is not very efficient given the fact that it has a 30s cooldown. The new Pitfall Prep is better at clearing trash mobs and it's only 25s cooldown. Or better yet, swap to dagger or sword main hand. I can cleave through the mob just by auto-attacking.

If I'm actively running from a boss, a 30s CD Shadow Flare would be a bad choice. That would mean that I'm using Shadow Flare not for the damage, but for the shadowstep. Which means that I'll be wasting time and resources carrying Shadow Flare when I can carry a skill that would help take the boss down sooner, for instance Binding Shadow.

Death's Retreat only cost 4 init, which means 4s CD. The main reason that initiative becomes an issue even if I take DA and CS is when I don't take the right utility skills. I take Binding, Pitfall, and Signet of Shadows. Binding and Signet puts 25 stacks of vuln on engagement which makes any boss encounter shorter. Vuln stacks is better than gaining Might, which means I don't spam Double Tap or TRB just to increase my damage output. The CC from Binding and Pitfall conserves my initiatives also.

Shadow Flare was never a good skill. There are better alternatives.