Auris Weirdbringer

hugo.4705

I made the greatest mistake of not asking about him in the last QA.I recently discovered the mystery about him.

A mysterious aetherblade charr that keep teleporting himself to form a circle around gilscale pond in field of ruin, like a clock hand. Having something against the number 97.

I'm very fascinated and intrigued about the mysterious story of that character.

The pond where he is present has dead animals and a wreckage at the bottom.He knows the technology of the rift stabilizer. Able to repair it or upgrade it.

This is one of the most strange plot. Still unfinished. After exploring the 13 locations of class I stabilizer, he gives you a class II. A class II dialogue is missing, don't know if it's the case or not but once you've explored all the locations of the class II stabilizer, Auris should have another dialogue.

If nothing will be said to let us use our imagination, here is my hypothesis:97, the number is used a lot. Through, in a minute you only have 60 seconds. 97 for me is a location where an accident happened. An accident implying Auris, making him trapped in the space-time.

The wreckage of the pond is one from a charrcopter, an airship, plane.Remember the breachmaker?He appeared from nowhere just like it just felt from the sky. It was teleported at LA, not with an asuran gate, but with a giant unstable rift.

Here we arrive to the core of the hypothesis, for me aetherblades had access to the rift technology and experimented with it. They created several issues around Tyria. I suppose they are the origin of the recent displaced cow. Can't affirm they are responsible of bloodstones incursions, can be possible.

At a time, an aetherblade airship or another accident happened. Auris to avoid dying used the technology but trapped himself in a loop. A loop I think, 97 seconds before dying. And also with a duration of 97 seconds.

What intrigue me are the dead animals, and the fact that the stabilizer is found under sand at the bottom of the pond like it has been here since a long time.

Now thinking about it, what if, Auris is dead? Like just having the time for creating a fractal with himself just before dying? It would explain why he remember nothing from what we said to him just before.

This is it. I really like that character but seems like a sad dead end. Still I continue investigating, sure to miss something.

Auris has been added to the game in 2016. The wreckage at the bottom of the pond has been there since launch. This seems to be unrelated.This story seems to be clustered around the same time as the coalesence where added. This also ment strange things happening in the mists (fractals) tied to the story of Arkk. It also was in the same time that we discovered that magic from Zhaithan and Mordremoth was going around freely.

I think part of him will be revealed in due time, when we discover more about the nature of magic and how the mists and Tyria are connected to eachother.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:Auris has been added to the game in 2016. The wreckage at the bottom of the pond has been there since launch. This seems to be unrelated.This story seems to be clustered around the same time as the coalesence where added. This also ment strange things happening in the mists (fractals) tied to the story of Arkk. It also was in the same time that we discovered that magic from Zhaithan and Mordremoth was going around freely.

I think part of him will be revealed in due time, when we discover more about the nature of magic and how the mists and Tyria are connected to eachother.

I'm pretty sure they added the wreckage with Auris. The rifts Auris deals with also seem more related to the Bloodstone explosion than the Mists, so I don't think he had anything to do with Arkk.

Sadly though, I'm pretty sure he's just a dropped arc, like the Krytan locket.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:Auris has been added to the game in 2016. The wreckage at the bottom of the pond has been there since launch. This seems to be unrelated.This story seems to be clustered around the same time as the coalesence where added. This also ment strange things happening in the mists (fractals) tied to the story of Arkk. It also was in the same time that we discovered that magic from Zhaithan and Mordremoth was going around freely.

I'm pretty sure they added the wreckage with Auris. The rifts Auris deals with also seem more related to the Bloodstone explosion than the Mists, so I don't think he had anything to do with Arkk.

Sadly though, I'm pretty sure he's just a dropped arc, like the Krytan locket.

I'm currently on the phone (which makes it hard to provide a link), but I checked the wiki page for the pond or area and used the history. The wreckage was there in 2013. Perhaps the wreckage was changed later on.