Why nerf the only Counter

Why would people nerf the only counter to a Scourge, or Holosmith? This is plain out stupid. Nerfing Mesmer like this and disabling a trait due to people not knowing how to counter it. Honestly this is completely moronic. If your going to Disabling Mirages skills Minus well Disable Scourge, Holosmith, Deadeye, Firebrand, Soulbeast ( already nerfed to shit), Renegade, Spellbreaker and also Weaver. I will bitch about this until this happens or until you let the character be the way you designed it.I will be flamed for this post but I don't care.Don't complain about something because your a plat Scourge and get beat or Holosmith.

Core guard was the straight counter to scourge, but they nerfed that into the ground for no apparent reason.Mirage aren't the 'counter' to scourge and holosmith. With CI builds they could drain/strip stab off my support fb running stand your ground, stab mantra, and F3. They were a 'counter' to almost everything in the game. It was obnoxious having a CC build contain so much damage when every other CC build in the game has to sacrifice most of its damage to obtain even a portion of that cc.

@BadMed.3846 said:Disable renegade? That poor thing is abused in team chat the moment it shows up.Because it's bad and needs buffs. It's also very buggy.

Only mirage is broken and it still is broken. We need proper nerfs. Enough of tinkering around. Mantras need a big change.FB, Scourge, Holosmith and Spellbreaker are broken. Mirage doesn't have a proper condi build right now. The only one is very, and I mean VERY, standard.

@Kicast.1459 said:Is the skill still disabled?How can we know it works or not ?Trying should not be too hard lol

@Kicast.1459 said:Anet are doing a good job as usual.Is the skill still disabled?How can we know it works or not ?

@Lyndina.7984 said:Didn't see a notice that its active again...so yeah still disabled. Honestly a shame they can't find a quick solution to fix it...so its probably disabled until the next balance patch...so 3 months from now.

It was actually put on the patch yesterday that it was still disabled, and the post about CI did state it would be the next official balance patch

Counters shouldn't be that hard.

I don't understand why people use that as a defense. Yes, getting traits disabled sucks, and yes some counters should be hard. However, there's no excuse for a class having an easily deployable skill interaction with no telegraph that can keep a class in place and unable to use any skills for 5-7 seconds while they hammer it for free at range. Why is nerfing that an outrage because "it was a counter"?

There's a difference between difficult class interactions and impossible ones.

@Tayga.3192 said:FB, Scourge, Holosmith and Spellbreaker are broken. Mirage doesn't have a proper condi build right now. The only one is very, and I mean VERY, standard.

Only Mirage has a broken Condi build even now. Only Mirage is broken. All of those classes you've listed are fine. We only need Mirage nerfs.Also, Weaver is more capable now and can wreck in 1v1s but it's still acceptable. Mirage is broken beyond imagination and needs heavy handed nerfs to condi spamming abilities and Mantras.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:FB, Scourge, Holosmith and Spellbreaker are broken. Mirage doesn't have a proper condi build right now. The only one is very, and I mean VERY, standard.

Only Mirage has a broken Condi build even now. Only Mirage is broken. All of those classes you've listed are fine. We only need Mirage nerfs.Also, Weaver is more capable now and can wreck in 1v1s but it's still acceptable. Mirage is broken beyond imagination and needs heavy handed nerfs to condi spamming abilities and Mantras.

Still? You sure? I thought CI was the last thing actually.

@BadMed.3846 said:

LOL, what game are you playing? holo isn't broken af? or fb? who btw is meta since pof launch and the standard support that outshined every other one who tried. If you have never played a mesmer, and you don't understand how to beat them don't call them broken, just l2p. Mesmers are in a really bad spot right now, chrono is dead, core is the stronger spec to play, and mirage has a decent condi build which is hard to play against all the aoe spam going around (holo/scourge). Meanwhile power builds are the same for the last 3/4 years, and guess what, you can beat them all with ONE proper dodge. After that they have to run and wait 10/25 seconds to retry the burst.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Still? You sure? I thought CI was the last thing actually.In his imaginary world everything isnt broken but mesmer. And no, its not CI that make cmirage strong, but even if I create separate thread, will I be heard ?

@kraai.7265 said:

LOL, what game are you playing? holo isn't broken af? or fb? who btw is meta since pof launch and the standard support that outshined every other one who tried. If you have never played a mesmer, and you don't understand how to beat them don't call them broken, just l2p. Mesmers are in a really bad spot right now, chrono is dead, core is the stronger spec to play, and mirage has a decent condi build which is hard to play against all the aoe spam going around (holo/scourge). Meanwhile power builds are the same for the last 3/4 years, and guess what, you can beat them all with ONE proper dodge. After that they have to run and wait 10/25 seconds to retry the burst.

Thank you so much for this post this is what I was trying to get at.

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:Counters shouldn't be that hard.

I don't understand why people use that as a defense. Yes, getting traits disabled sucks, and yes some counters should be hard. However, there's no excuse for a class having an easily deployable skill interaction with no telegraph that can keep a class in place and unable to use any skills for 5-7 seconds while they hammer it for free at range. Why is nerfing that an outrage because "it was a counter"?

There's a difference between difficult class interactions and impossible ones.

rn i play games against firebrand + scourge mid, so they are compleatly and utterly immune to all my condi damage, there is condi thief off node so its 100% auto lose, another node is ele that is 80% dodging,reflecting,blocking and 20% cleansing meaning he is compleatly immune to my dmg too.as a cmirage RN the only fight I can pick up and not be utterly fucked from the start is Warrior, about 50%/50%, holo ( holo is stronger but its at least playable ), mirror ( clownfiesta 50/50 ), and occasional ranger, usually winning matchup for mesmer.so ye, nerf mesmer some more please, ill just make condi thief, it does everything cmirage does but MUCH better.