What Class do you like fighting Against, the most?

@"Kageseigi.2150" said:Thief vs. Thief

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often enough, but when two decent Thieves meet in PvP, the duels can be quite epic... especially when trying to land hits when both are invisible.

I'm still waiting for Anet to make the Thief the king of Stealth again, and to give it the unique ability to see Stealthed enemies. Then allow it to extend its own Stealth duration by hitting targets that are also Stealthed (instead of being Revealed), which would allow "invisible" Thief duels to last indefinitely. Yes, basically turn Stealth into the Upside-Down dimension. I'm so ready!

That actually sounds insanely fun. Not so fun for other stealth-capable classes but there could be a balancing component.I like the idea of thieves having their own "game of shadows" alongside the match.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often enough, but when two decent Thieves meet in PvP, the duels can be quite epic... especially when trying to land hits when both are invisible.

I'm still waiting for Anet to make the Thief the king of Stealth again, and to give it the unique ability to see Stealthed enemies. Then allow it to extend its own Stealth duration by hitting targets that are also Stealthed (instead of being Revealed), which would allow "invisible" Thief duels to last indefinitely. Yes, basically turn Stealth into the Upside-Down dimension. I'm so ready!

you mean like every single thief dual pre HoT.where people just stack p5d2/HIS/BP and nobody ever lands a hit in 5 minsiT wAs DeFiNiTlY fUn

@Lighter.5631 said:

you mean like every single thief dual pre HoT.where people just stack p5d2/HIS/BP and nobody ever lands a hit in 5 minsiT wAs DeFiNiTlY fUn

Especially before Choking Gas would Reveal a Thief! :-D

However, with the above changes, the Thieves would be able to see each other and duel as normal. The main difference would be that they would be invisible to others, so it would isolate them from reinforcements... and would also motivate them to be very aggressive in order to hit the other Thief before their own Stealth ran out.

@"Yannir.4132" said:That actually sounds insanely fun. Not so fun for other stealth-capable classes but there could be a balancing component.I like the idea of thieves having their own "game of shadows" alongside the match.

Indeed, especially when two Thieves enter Stealth, but only one exits alive :-P

I also like the ability for Thieves to see Stealthed opponents because it would give another role for Thieves to play in PvP/WvW. They would serve as the anti-Stealth warning for their team. Even if a Thief could only see the Stealthed opponents if the Thief was Stealthed itself. That would motivate a Thief even more to be aggressive and hit the opponent quickly so it could extend its own Stealth and continue to be able to see the Stealthed opponent.

I think it's rather ironic that the Thief is supposed to be the master of shadows, but many other professions can Stealth themselves and even others... some of those professions can even Reveal Thieves from Stealth... and Thieves can't do anything to Reveal others or remove the Revealed effect on themselves (outside of a single utility on Deadeye). In other words, Thieves have no counter to Stealth... other than to enter Stealth themselves (if able). Thieves, in general, also have no counter to being Revealed. Thieves can't even use Stealth effectively in PvP when contesting a point, which negates nearly an entire traitline.

Ele.Cus I high all time the fights feel like matrix.. I be like u dead boy then boom hp go up full then they say to me now u dead boy! Boom I am dead oh idk.. idk how ele works.. I should stop fighting them.I like fighting holos cus same u dead boy then I dead.. then I try again.I like fighting mes to cus I wait for them and show my back then they all set up come up to me like a tiger and BOoM I dodge.. and just move to a silly out of line of sight spot but still fighting what I was fighting and mes whistles away for 1min to retry that. And if they condi I just go I will deal with u later why I fight the dps and others then I will play with u maybe.