[SOLVED. MY BAD] Is it normal for a level 80 boost to change JUST your runes?

zoejo.2317

This just happened to me 1h ago.

Used the level 80 boost to free up the shared inventory slot and get the items while I'm at it. I was using Runes X on my original ascended armor. Got a ton of new Exotic armor that I trashed (no interest in it, having an ascended set with build-relevant runes on it).Afterwards, I notice the runes on the original ascended set have changed. Not the armor pieces (same skins, and same stats), just the runes. A whole set of X is now a full set of Y.

I'm ready to re-buy the runes from the TP and admit my error if somewhere in the boost dialog pop-up there is a mention of this behavior (which I find no justification for, and doubt anyone reasonably assumes this will happen). So, has anyone SEEN a warning of sorts?

@"zoejo.2317" said:This just happened to me 1h ago.

Used the level 80 boost to free up the shared inventory slot and get the items while I'm at it. I was using Runes X on my original ascended armor. Got a ton of new Exotic armor that I trashed (no interest in it, having an ascended set with build-relevant runes on it).Afterwards, I notice the runes on the original ascended set have changed. Not the armor pieces (same skins, and same stats), just the runes. A whole set of X is now a full set of Y.

I'm ready to re-buy the runes from the TP and admit my error if somewhere in the boost dialog pop-up there is a mention of this behavior (which I find no justification for, and doubt anyone reasonably assumes this will happen). So, has anyone SEEN a warning of sorts?

You are talking about your original ascended armor, I take this as a hint that the character you used the boost on was already level 80?

If that was the case something unusual did indeed happen since using the boost on an already max level character has a different set of rewards that does not include exotic armor.

You can read more about it here.

@"LaGranse.8652" said:

You are talking about your original ascended armor, I take this as a hint that the character you used the boost on was already level 80?

Yes.

If that was the case something unusual did indeed happen since using the boost on an already max level character has a different set of rewards that does not include exotic armor.

You can read more about it here.It actually did give me all the exotic armor a sub-80 character gets.

UPDATE:It was completely my confusion. What I've described does NOT happen. Boost is perfectly safe. I only wish I could cancel my bug report and save Anet the trouble.Sorry for possibly misleading anyone.

@zoejo.2317 said:

@"LaGranse.8652" said:

Yes.

You can read more about it
.It actually did give me all the exotic armor a sub-80 character gets.

UPDATE:It was completely my confusion. What I've described does NOT happen. Boost is perfectly safe. I only wish I could cancel my bug report and save Anet the trouble.Sorry for possibly misleading anyone.

If you made a ticket just update it and tell them they can close it.

@zoejo.2317 said:UPDATE:It was completely my confusion. What I've described does NOT happen. Boost is perfectly safe. I only wish I could cancel my bug report and save Anet the trouble.Sorry for possibly misleading anyone.

...so what happened? You can also just go into your support ticket and send another message saying that it was your mistake, they'll read it at the same time they read the first one.

• Confused 1

From confusion (because of the ton of items you get from the boost), bad memory (wasn't sure of the names of the runes I had, apparently), misperception (somehow misread the runes' effects), and biased subjective feel of combat (it really felt more squishy), it ALL happened.I reported ingame and I can't find the ticket on the website now (all of the other tickets since 2012 are there though). I guess I'll just have to let them think I'm either confused, crazy, or trying to scam the game.