Suspicious Travellers - Let The Hype Begin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time when i mentioned that there was no evidence that Elder dragons can go full war on each other. Nothing in Guild Wars lore about it so far.

And after hearing this i wonder if this will be a Steve(Bubbles) vs Jormag conflict?I always thought that Jormag is male, since most of the Elder dragons are males, and Jormag sounds male-ish (oO).But we still have no info about Deep Sea Dragon, who actually can be a female. Voices from the around Traveler belong to female, but one weak and very silent voice that says: Closer - seems to be male's voice ( 6:26 youtube video from above, sounds like a warning of someone coming ).

Deep Sea Dragon have water as his\hers area of influence (possibly?), while Jormag has Ice ( same thing as water, but only under sub-zero conditions ). We know that Jormag were severely weakened by Balthazar's actions, alongside Primordus. If Deep Sea dragon is trying to overtake Jormag's area of influence and overtake him aswell, that could mean Elder Dragon's war.Female voice says: They will betray you - Deep Sea Dragon telling Jormag that Svanirs will be overtaken? oOAgain female voice says: You are stronger with me - trying to convince Jormag to submit?

Will be fun turn-turn-turn if we will have to side with one of them =)

This reminds me of the very beginning of Season 1 (which wasn't a season at the time) when we started finding refugees coming into Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel from more remote parts of the Shiverpeaks. Definitely looks like forshadowing of Season 5, and like Jormag will be involved.

@Aeon.4583 said:There was a time when i mentioned that there was no evidence that Elder dragons can go full war on each other. Nothing in Guild Wars lore about it so far.

And after hearing this i wonder if this will be a Steve(Bubbles) vs Jormag conflict?I always thought that Jormag is male, since most of the Elder dragons are males, and Jormag sounds male-ish (oO).But we still have no info about Deep Sea Dragon, who actually can be a female. Voices from the around Traveler belong to female, but one weak and very silent voice that says: Closer - seems to be male's voice ( 6:26 youtube video from above, sounds like a warning of someone coming ).

Deep Sea Dragon have water as his\hers area of influence (possibly?), while Jormag has Ice ( same thing as water, but only under sub-zero conditions ). We know that Jormag were severely weakened by Balthazar's actions, alongside Primordus. If Deep Sea dragon is trying to overtake Jormag's area of influence and overtake him aswell, that could mean Elder Dragon's war.Female voice says: They will betray you - Deep Sea Dragon telling Jormag that Svanirs will be overtaken? oOAgain female voice says: You are stronger with me - trying to convince Jormag to submit?

Will be fun turn-turn-turn if we will have to side with one of them =)

Do we know most of the Elder Dragons are male? I seem to remember Aurene called Kralkatorrik 'grandfather' which implies Kralk was male, but I can't remember any mention of a gender for any of the others. (And given he was at least part plant Mordremoth could be male, female, both, neither or something only botanists have a word for.)

Admittedly it would cause a lot of problems for the Sons of Svanir if Jormag isn't male, but that on it's own could be a reason for Anet to go down that route.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I'd like to see us go back to the Eye of the North with a full map.

That would mean exploring the Charr more, which i doubt. i will hope, but i really doubt it. Still it would be great to see a map near the Eye of the North.

A new Charr themed dye pack just came out. I wouldn't pass the idea off so easily.

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I'd like to see us go back to the Eye of the North with a full map.

That would mean exploring the Charr more, which i doubt. i will hope, but i really doubt it. Still it would be great to see a map near the Eye of the North.

A new Charr themed dye pack just came out. I wouldn't pass the idea off so easily.

Oh i know, and those colors by the way are beautiful, especially some of the transitions they have on certain armor.

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:

I think it would be amusing if they dropped a stealth upgrade to the Eye of the North map we have access to by making it a full map and non-instanced so we can use mounts to get out of the structure. Let players discover the change.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

I think it would be amusing if they dropped a stealth upgrade to the Eye of the North map we have access to by making it a full map and non-instanced so we can use mounts to get out of the structure. Let players discover the change.

That would be hilarious, and probably take forever if they actually did it!