Instead of a new 2v2 arena

Tycura.1982

@"Tycura.1982" said:or even a new 5v5 map if it had to be a map.

This is the only relevant question. People that work on maps are map artists, whereas people that work on Swiss are UI Designers and new game modes probably fall under something along the lines of Content development. While these are all under "PvP" department for us players, within the company these are different job descriptions and departments and require different sorts of experience and education.

Swiss development and map design are developed independent of each other and one doesn't take away from the other.However, it is away from 5v5 maps or even new LW maps. Which I'm not too worried about, we have plenty of both.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Im not sure why they went to the effort of making 2v2's when they wont put in a queue for it.

This. No matter how many maps they add it won’t make a difference until we have a way to queue into random games. Custom rooms are just a mess, even if you get an active room host will kick whomever they want for their slots (so now queue for 3 slots) and anyone who loads in first gets a slot.

It’s almost a waste of development time considering how this all just falls to the bottom outside of a few 2v2 tournies, that no one cares about, and even fewer practice for. Then it’s perpetually self defeating because anyone who is interested won’t be able to get into it.

I admit the game isn’t balanced for it, but A-net should make a queue, get the data, then balance around it. Because I bet you we’d get a much healthier conquest scene if 2v2 was balanced.