Legendary War Insight

CutesySylveon.8290

@"Krypto.2069" said:OP, I have all 3 Legendary Mistforged Triumphant Hero armor sets, a handful of Mistforged Hero weapons (the ones that I wanted) and Warbringer. And, like others, I too am sitting on 4K+ tickets at the moment. Like you, WvW is my favorite game mode, so I'm in there often for the MAYHEM and GLORY! :smiley: Just give it time, kill and have fun and you too will have what you want and more tickets than you know what to do with. :+1:

(Some goals in GW2 are short-term, others midterm and others long-term. I see the WvW T3 Legendary armor as a midterm goal.)

Cheers!

I have 3 sets of Triumphant Hero's armor (the first tier legendary). I still have around 2 k tickets. So, I think I play some WvW.But I need over 25 k more tickets for the second tier of legendary armors. In my case, the total time needed for the 6 sets of armors is around 3 years. If you count the backpacks I want to craft for all my toons, the total time needed raises to 5 years. Is this really a midterm goal? HM. And, after this amount of time, spent in WvW, with a diamond tier for tickets every week, I can finally think to other items to buy with tickets. Let's consider a full collection of weapons - another one year at least :#

I don't know how much time the other players have, but for me, to wait (yes, to wait, because I can complete my skirmish ticket track in week-end) 6 years to get what I want from WvW is a little too much for a "midterm". So, even if I play WvW, I still consider the OP is right. Rising the tickets cap may be a good idea.

@smithkt.8062 said:

Just curious. In order to complete three sets of armor, that would have required a seriously large amount of T5 & T6 mats. Did you throw gold at the problem, or just farm the mats?

To craft a full set of armor you need at least 22 weeks. That means around 900 (let's round to 1 000) provisioner tokens. Also, you gain around 175 Laurels. By converting the tokens into T6 materials and buying heavy chests with Laurels, you can get around 30% from the needed materials this way. For the rest (this is a personal choice) I prefer to upgrade T5 to T6 (although the gain in gold is insignificant, this way allows you to use your T5). And for the very last materials (mostly the T3, T4 mats), I use gold.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"Krypto.2069" said:OP, I have all 3 Legendary Mistforged Triumphant Hero armor sets, a handful of Mistforged Hero weapons (the ones that I wanted) and Warbringer. And, like others, I too am sitting on 4K+ tickets at the moment. Like you, WvW is my favorite game mode, so I'm in there often for the MAYHEM and GLORY! :smiley: Just give it time, kill and have fun and you too will have what you want and more tickets than you know what to do with. :+1:

(Some goals in GW2 are short-term, others midterm and others long-term. I see the WvW T3 Legendary armor as a midterm goal.)

Cheers!

I have 3 sets of Triumphant Hero's armor (the first tier legendary). I still have around 2 k tickets. So, I think I play some WvW.But I need over 25 k more tickets for the second tier of legendary armors. In my case, the total time needed for the 6 sets of armors is around 3 years. If you count the backpacks I want to craft for all my toons, the total time needed raises to 5 years. Is this
really
a midterm goal? HM. And, after this amount of time, spent in WvW, with a diamond tier for tickets every week, I can finally think to other items to buy with tickets. Let's consider a full collection of weapons - another one year at least :#

I don't know how much time the other players have, but for me, to
wait
(yes, to wait, because I can complete my skirmish ticket track in week-end) 6 years to get what I want from WvW is a little too much for a "midterm". So, even if I play WvW, I still consider the OP is right. Rising the tickets cap may be a good idea.

@"smithkt.8062" said:

Just curious. In order to complete three sets of armor, that would have required a seriously large amount of T5 & T6 mats. Did you throw gold at the problem, or just farm the mats?

To craft a full set of armor you need at least 22 weeks. That means around 900 (let's round to 1 000) provisioner tokens. Also, you gain around 175 Laurels. By converting the tokens into T6 materials and buying heavy chests with Laurels, you can get around 30% from the needed materials this way. For the rest (this is a personal choice) I prefer to upgrade T5 to T6 (although the gain in gold is insignificant, this way allows you to use your T5). And for the very last materials (mostly the T3, T4 mats), I use gold.

You CHOSE to get 3 sets of T2 armors, I hope it is the ascended version. Thats nearly 4k tickets, if memory serves. You also have 2k tickets, meaning 6k in total. At 365/week, its 17 weeks if you get Last Diamond chest. Not THAT much wvw, if you ask me. I have one full set, some T3 pieces, the backpack and still 28k tickets to spare. You could have gotten 4 legendary armor pieces, in that time. You didnt. You chose armors. Is it the game's fault? No. Should the game give you more tickets, in a mode thats half afk to make armor faster, when pvers have to grind through weekly raiding? In comparison, no. No, it is fine as it is.On a side note, you want legendaries for all your toons. That is certainly by no means a "midterm goal". Crafting ONE set, is. In my eyes, you need to get your priorities straight, first. Make actual, realistic "mid term goals". Cause crafting multiple leggy armors with leggy backpacks is as end game, super long term as it gets.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:

You CHOSE to get 3 sets of T2 armors, I hope it is the ascended version. Thats nearly 4k tickets, if memory serves. You also have 2k tickets, meaning 6k in total. At 365/week, its 17 weeks if you get Last Diamond chest. Not THAT much wvw, if you ask me. I have one full set, some T3 pieces, the backpack and still 28k tickets to spare. You could have gotten 4 legendary armor pieces, in that time. You didnt. You chose armors. Is it the game's fault? No. Should the game give you more tickets, in a mode thats half afk to make armor faster, when pvers have to grind through weekly raiding? In comparison, no. No, it is fine as it is.On a side note, you want legendaries for all your toons. That is certainly by no means a "midterm goal". Crafting ONE set, is. In my eyes, you need to get your priorities straight, first. Make actual, realistic "mid term goals". Cause crafting multiple leggy armors with leggy backpacks is as end game, super long term as it gets.

I think I made a mistake in wording. I have 3 full sets of first tier legendary WvW armor. One for each type: light/medium/heavy. That means at least 66 weeks of diamond tier. I had a period when I completed less than diamond per week. I think it took me around one and a half year. Now I started the other tier of Legendary armor - all the 3 weights. If this time I will not miss any week, I will need 75 weeks - another one and a half year.

And YES, I choose this. Is this a guilt? ANet did not restrict you to have many toons (the cap is over 60 from what I read). Then, why do you think is something wrong to gear them? And why do you think ANet should put a gate in the process of gearing them? From what I know if I want to buy 50 new character slots in one day nobody will prevent me to do this. Then, why should I spend 20 years to give them the best armors? Not because I don't want to put some effort for this goal, but because I must stop my efforts every week.

In my opinion (and this is why I agreed with the OP) the only thing counting for a legendary should be the amount of effort you put in it, not the amount of time you should wait.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:

I think I made a mistake in wording. I have 3 full sets of first tier
legendary
WvW armor. One for each type: light/medium/heavy. That means at least 66 weeks of diamond tier. I had a period when I completed less than diamond per week. I think it took me around one and a half year. Now I started the other tier of Legendary armor - all the 3 weights. If this time I will not miss any week, I will need 75 weeks - another one and a half year.

And YES, I choose this. Is this a guilt? ANet did not restrict you to have many toons (the cap is over 60 from what I read). Then, why do you think is something wrong to gear them? And why do you think ANet should put a gate in the process of gearing them? From what I know if I want to
buy
50 new character slots in one day nobody will prevent me to do this. Then, why should I spend 20 years to give them the best armors? Not because I don't want to put some effort for this goal, but because I must
stop
my efforts every week.

In my opinion (and this is why I agreed with the OP) the only thing counting for a legendary should be the amount of effort you put in it, not the amount of time you should wait.

You offer 0 reason WHY the timegating system should change. It is up to you to convince Anet. If that were an actual thing, pvers would make several sets of armor in a few days. Just kill the easiest boss, which takes 5 mins, repeat, voila. Timegating is in this case to make people not burn themselves out, not screw over the entire economy (T6 would skyrocket in price), and give a goal to work towards to cause most will just make everything in a few days, get bored fast, leave the game. If it means THAT much to you, do pve raids. You should have a full set in 10 weeks. More sets require double that time.

Mistake anet made was naming everything so close, it's bad and easy to confuse people.

Triumphant Exotic Armor (reward track)Triumphant Hero's Exotic Armor (t2)Triumphant Hero's Ascended Armor (t2 can be upgraded to legendary)Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Ascended Armor (t3 glow armor, can be upgraded to legendary)Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Ascended Chest Piece (t3 the glow tentacles, can be upgraded to legendary)

Hero's Rare Weapons (reward track)Mistforged Hero's Exotic WeaponMistforged Hero's Ascended WeaponMistforged Obisidian Ascended Weapon (clown set)Mist Lord's Ascended Weapon (new gold set)

I might remind you that the pve armor takes just as long or longer to make as the WvW armor. The first set of PVE armor may or may not be faster than the WvW armor depending on how much you raid in pve. So sit back and know that you aren't being singled out. Patience.