How is it that when i play a bad meme build i either destroy, even 1v2, or get destroyed

Anput.4620

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define meme build? Which ones?

Most meme builds take advantage of being unknown and troll, so newer or casual players have no idea how to fight it, however an experienced player will see it from a mile away and wipe the floor with it. As most of the meme/troll builds actually give up a lot of utility to be the cheese they are, so when fighting someone who knows what they are doing, they are going to easy counter the play. Another side to that is that some of the meme builds have one class that just hard counters them so bad that even a casual on that class can win.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Define meme build? Which ones?

Most meme builds take advantage of being unknown and troll, so newer or casual players have no idea how to fight it, however an experienced player will see it from a mile away and wipe the floor with it. As most of the meme/troll builds actually give up a lot of utility to be the cheese they are, so when fighting someone who knows what they are doing, they are going to easy counter the play. Another side to that is that some of the meme builds have one class that just hard counters them so bad that even a casual on that class can win.

Skip to 2:19

All i did was press 1.

Ive killed so many poeple just by pressing 1, but then the mesmer comes around or the good warrior and i can't beat them with this lol.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Those silver ranks were worse then even the npcs, the sentry put up a better fight.You were just spamming one with burn and bleed, any good player has builds to deal with conditions or keep you at range.

It is a power build but does like 20k dmg in 4 AA's has perma stab so you can't ever be ccd perma 25 might too.

But yeah this is most poeple i see in WvW.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:how is it that when I face unskilled opponents I beat them, but lose when against superior enemies?

But i am using a bad meme build.

And are most poeple so bad in this game?

that's just what meme builds are. you either completely counter a class/ catch someone unaware/ fight bad players, or you go up against someone experienced and with the tools to defeat you.

There are some builds that can hard counter other builds. Then the one shot, condi spam or god defense builds. That's wvw balance, it's usually to the extremes, especially in a system that's open and allows you to use any stat combination to help push those builds into those directions. Then skill levels, those two were basically pveing.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:how is it that when I face unskilled opponents I beat them, but lose when against superior enemies?

that's just what meme builds are. you either completely counter a class/ catch someone unaware/ fight bad players, or you go up against someone experienced and with the tools to defeat you.

Yeah so why is average player skill so low compared to other games.

Also what does flamethrower even counter?

@XenesisII.1540 said:There are some builds that can hard counter other builds. Then the one shot, condi spam or god defense builds. That's wvw balance, it's usually to the extremes, especially in a system that's open and allows you to use any stat combination to help push those builds into those directions. Then skill levels, those two were basically pveing.

What does spamming 1 with flamethrower counter?

@Anput.4620 said:

All i did was press 1.

Ive killed so many poeple just by pressing 1, but then the mesmer comes around or the good warrior and i can't beat them with this lol.

That Dragonhunter was running away for half the fight and stood still for most of the second half. Then there was the Thief who also stood still for the entire fight. I think you could have won no matter what build you ran.

@Anput.4620 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:There are some builds that can hard counter other builds. Then the one shot, condi spam or god defense builds. That's wvw balance, it's usually to the extremes, especially in a system that's open and allows you to use any stat combination to help push those builds into those directions. Then skill levels, those two were basically pveing.

Player skill is so low in relation to other games because GW2 was already pretty easy to become good at, as time has gone on, the game and balance has shifted more and more to casual players, rather than high level players. Even people from PvE will tell you that the PvE content is super easy in relation to other games, where new instances are released and someone will have beaten it the first day, other MMOs it can take weeks for people to beat them. It used to be learning your class and build and learning other classes had a MUCH bigger pay off, that however has been reduced in the last few years, getting better is still an advantage, but why do that when you can just ball up and spam skills?

See my signature as an example.

@Anput.4620 said:

Surprised, dumb, unprepared or low skilled players.

@XenesisII.1540 said:I said some builds, I didn't say yours...But yeah as strider said, surprised dumb unprepared low skill players I guess?

I was pressing AA.

...with a build that uses a Condi weapon as power. Yes, my point stands. They were either dumb, surprised, unprepared or low skilled.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:I said some builds, I didn't say yours...But yeah as strider said, surprised dumb unprepared low skill players I guess?

I was pressing AA.

...with a build that uses a Condi weapon as power. Yes, my point stands. They were either dumb, surprised, unprepared or low skilled.

Edit: comment removed as it was probably rude or over the head.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Define meme build? Which ones?

All i did was press 1.

That Dragonhunter was running away for half the fight and stood still for most of the second half. Then there was the Thief who also stood still for the entire fight. I think you could have won no matter what build you ran.

Yes thats my whole point, why poeple so bad.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Player skill is so low in relation to other games because GW2 was already pretty easy to become good at, as time has gone on, the game and balance has shifted more and more to casual players, rather than high level players. Even people from PvE will tell you that the PvE content is super easy in relation to other games, where new instances are released and someone will have beaten it the first day, other MMOs it can take weeks for people to beat them. It used to be learning your class and build and learning other classes had a MUCH bigger pay off, that however has been reduced in the last few years, getting better is still an advantage, but why do that when you can just ball up and spam skills?

See my signature as an example.

This games PvP is hard af where dodging a mesmer burst is hard to learn. The skillfloor to do well vs good players is pretty high.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Because wvw itself is a meme.

I was looking for new information.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

All i did was press 1.

Lahmia is spot on.

To the OP:

Those two did little but run away or stand there. The thief press its elite and nothing else? (I think they wanted to give you bags) Even a mediocre thief alone would have erased you since power FF cant put out damage fast enough to barrier offset the thief's damage. I am guessing you are full marauder gear as full glass would have put you around 13-14k health.

Post some of the other fights as FF Juggernaut usually gets destroyed post patch with the barrier change and -300 vit. Also you are losing 5% to 15% damage by using damage dampener vs object in motion.

I am trying to decide if those people from leaf were:

1. Just really bad at PvP.
  2. too busy distracted by team chat or laughing at you to fight.
  3. or if this is just a troll post...

@Anput.4620 said:

I was pressing AA.

I've killed players from no rank to diamond rank just autoattacking. Not sure if you are just trying to brag or raise your view count on the video.Some people die easily to anything, some are near impossible to kill.End of story.

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:how is it that when I face unskilled opponents I beat them, but lose when against superior enemies?

Yes. At least the current playerbase generally. WvW's competitive community is gone and went away mostly with HoT years ago when balance went out the window.

People are carried more by their builds than they realize. It's why there have been threads in recent months vehemently defending Soulbeast and Holo/Per-nerf Scrapper, pre-nerf SA Deadeye, Mirage Cloaks existence, etc.

Expansion powercreep removed skilled play from the equation for the most part. Most professions play themselves and the game is more or less about class/build than skill by a large margin.

It takes little more than being a potato to beat "weak" builds wen playing FoTM. Your opponents, dying to FT AA, were potatoes. Nothing else to say: They were just that bad.