QoL request since we have invisible tags

Swagger.1459

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Luranni.9470 said:Yeah coz that won't be exploited by wvw leech-alts at all.

Yeah, cause we need to screw over legit players by being paranoid conspiracy theorists over “leech alts” lol

There are actually people that tag watch.

Tags can be invis now... so what’s your point?

If people made the effort to watch tags, they’d certainly to the same for player counts. The one difference being that player counts would give them more meaningful information.

Ok, so ur in favor of screwing over some players on their own server bc ur worried about mean and nasty spies. Gotcha

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Luranni.9470 said:Yeah coz that won't be exploited by wvw leech-alts at all.

Yeah, cause we need to screw over legit players by being paranoid conspiracy theorists over “leech alts” lol

There are actually people that tag watch.

Tags can be invis now... so what’s your point?

If people made the effort to watch tags, they’d certainly to the same for player counts. The one difference being that player counts would give them more meaningful information.

Ok, so ur in favor of screwing over some players on their own server bc ur worried about mean and nasty spies. Gotcha

Who is getting screwed?

@zerosouls.4750 said:I was thinking about this earlier this week.. since WvW has largely become a bunch of tagless people looking for stuff to do, it would be nice if we somehow could see everyone on our server on a the map where they are. Yes, I realize that is counterproductive to the invisible tag.

In open world PVP MMOs that I have played in before where there is a big map in similar TeamVsTeamVsTeam game modes, having visibility of where your teammates are was extremely important, especially when the population decline would kick in. If I was not able to see teammates on the map in those game modes, I would probably assume no one one was probably on or that it wasn't worth my effort to find the action and log off. But because I could tell there was activity and where it was, this helped keep the game mode alive and in existence. I feel like those game modes would have died without a feature like this, it was that very feature that was keeping them alive.

Sadly, I think the invisible tag option is counter productive to the current population issues we are facing. It's the opposite that we need to be doing to keep this game mode alive.

The problem with this is you would soon realise just how much of the population sits inside structures whenever there isn't a clear tag to follow, or even when there is- there are a lot of sheep in wvw.

Have to agree that in other pvp games I have played you could see friendlies all across the map which made it a lot easier for tactics when I was leading 80 people on our side against 80 on theirs - knowing where all your people are is very important in a battle!

So this might be a good idea but it goes against bringing in invisible tags. Despite being exactly what the game needs now if it wants to retain it's dwindling population and interest from mainly pve players- who might stay if they could see some people doign things or action, but will just switch back to pve rather than trying to track down the elusive golemancer...

Can't we all just already check whether we are Outnumbered instead? I don't see why specific number's need to be known. Also, how many objective's your team owns on a map should also give you a pretty good idea how effective your side is atm on that particular map... Regardless of numbers.

Aside from that. If someone want's to be followed. They will make that known... Like putting up a visible tag. Or if they don't have a tag... Then they will try to communicate that anyways. IF they truly want follower's that bad.

Invisible tags I have been waiting literally years for. So Thankful to finally have them ?. There is no reason having to keep playing Mr./Mrs."Babysitter" Tag by default. When someone just rather not. Other nice thing is like @Luranni.9470, @Voltekka.2375 and @Ariella.9035 basically saying how deceptive players (spy's) watch tag. In order to wreak havoc much easier on that server/group their targeting. It honestly does happen a lot... I've witnessed it so many time's both on the attacking and receiving end :/

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:So, because he can see you on map, you.... won’t get a fight?If PPT isn’t your goal, then why do you care if the opponent knows where you are?Although it's been a while since I've been on a "strong" server, here's a frequent behavior I observed from several enemy servers: When our stronger guilds were running a visible tag and came to respond to a callout, the enemy groups would run as soon as the tag started heading in their direction. When that same guild ran tagless, the enemy didn't run until it was too late.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:So, because he can see you on map, you.... won’t get a fight?If PPT isn’t your goal, then why do you care if the opponent knows where you are?Although it's been a while since I've been on a "strong" server, here's a frequent behavior I observed from several enemy servers: When our stronger guilds were running a visible tag and came to respond to a callout, the enemy groups would run as soon as the tag started heading in their direction. When that same guild ran tagless, the enemy didn't run until it was too late.

See this makes sense.

Now don’t get me wrong. I support the invisible tag. Glad they put it in. But tag watching was never a concern.

At least not since the last tourney...

I advocate for the invisible tag to allow a guild group to run truly closed if desired.

Personally don’t care about tag watching.

That can be dealt with in other ways.....