GW2 2019 is ResidentSleeper

@Tiviana.2650 said:

It's the market that GW2 is targeted to.

What market?

Casual players.

The bottomline here is that the idea that Fortnite players come over here would be 'good' for GW2 shows a lack of understanding to the kind of game GW2 and Fortnite is. I don't even understand how someone even equates the two and thinks the player OR the style of gaming are compatible. GW2 is successful because it attracted players that DON'T want to play WoW and it's clones, not because it gathers players from other games that people like to play. Do people really think players in Fortnite are GW2 material? I don't.

@Obtena.7952 said:

What market?

The bottomline here is that the idea that Fortnite players come over here would be 'good' for GW2 shows a lack of understanding to the kind of game GW2 and Fortnite is.Do people really think players in Fortnite are GW2 material? I don't.

Imagine thinking that people comming from a different game -in this case Fortnite- would have any measurable negative impact on the state of the game like gw2... :D

• Confused 1

Yeah, but we just got an awesome 2v2 custom arena map nobody will see. And we're about to get a champion rush event so we can get some more rng boxes that will contain nothing but junk.

So exciting.

Whatever happened to the updates we used to get where they would revamp world bosses and revamp fractals?

I guess now we're just leaving all of the events the same and enticing people to do them over and over again for 0.0000005% chance at infusions? Or donate a ton of mats for some recipe unlocks in the mystic forge?

I don't know. I hope they have something big in the works to announce on the 30th, because it feels like every decision lately is just how to keep the game on auto-pilot.

It's especially odd that the Festival wasn't updated given what happened with Aurene, and there haven't been any current events to even elude to what's coming next season.

Well, apparently some dialogue eluding to Jormag was added. So, not really a current event, but I guess it settles it that Jormag is going to take focus. And presumably Primordus given the red and blue logo.

I'm not big on getting a ton of snowy zones, but perhaps we can get some more lore on Jotun and some of the more ancient races that don't have a whole lot of stuff fleshed out, like presumably the Hall of Monuments that I believe was built by the Seers?

I guess a Charr/Norn focused season with flame legion and such.

@Sobx.1758 said:

What market?

The bottomline here is that the idea that Fortnite players come over here would be 'good' for GW2 shows a lack of understanding to the kind of game GW2 and Fortnite is.Do people really think players in Fortnite are GW2 material? I don't.

Imagine thinking that people comming from a different game -in this case Fortnite- would have any measurable negative impact on the state of the game like gw2... :D

Not hard to imagine ... we had (or still have) a whole bunch of people from games like WoW, etc ... that want to force their ideas about how others should play based on the baggage they carry from those other games ... there isn't any positive impact on GW2 there.

See, this is what people don't understand ... people don't (or shouldn't) stick with any game if that game doesn't suit them. That's not because the game is wrong. It's because they don't fit the profile for who the game was designed for. The biggest issue was that for a long time, all the games were the same, so now everyone expects all the games to follow suit. The reason GW2 is successful is because it DOESN'T follow suit.

Like the dude that incessantly complains that WvW isn't done right ... it's baggage from other games where he's formed his perception. It's irrelevant. As so would too the opinions of people coming from other games claiming GW2 is 'wrong' in how it does it's thing.

@Obtena.7952 said:

What market?

Not hard to imagine ... we had (or still have) a whole bunch of people from games like WoW, etc ... that want to force their ideas about how others should play based on the baggage they carry from those other games ... there isn't any positive impact on GW2 there.

And it achieves nothing, they can boast about what they want "because it's like that in other game/s" and nothing happens. There's no impact and there won't be. So yeah, still pretty hard to imagine.

See, this is what people don't understand ... people don't (or shouldn't) stick with any game if that game doesn't suit them. That's not because the game is wrong. It's because they don't fit the profile for who the game was designed for. The biggest issue was that for a long time, all the games were the same, so now everyone expects all the games to follow suit. The reason GW2 is successful is because it DOESN'T follow suit.

Like the dude that incessantly complains that WvW isn't done right ... it's baggage from other games where he's formed his perception. It's irrelevant. As so would too the opinions of people coming from other games claiming GW2 is 'wrong' in how it does it's thing.

That has nothing to do with what I wrote or what I was answering to. Flow of players from other games, be it WoW, Fortnite or whatever else would change pretty much nothing. Complaining on the forum doesn't really impact the game and majority of players if any at all.

• Confused 1

I wasn't talking about things changing in the game because of ill-fitting players ... I simply don't want to hear a horde of them crying about how the game isn't balanced or not 'hard' enough for them. That kind of thing doesn't have a positive impact on the game, EVEN if it doesn't lead to Anet changing the game.

Well, again, you said:

The bottomline here is that the idea that Fortnite players come over here would be 'good' for GW2 shows a lack of understanding to the kind of game GW2 and Fortnite is.

Where in fact it would easly be 'better' than 'worse' for the game seeing as they'd have no real negative impact on the game (saying that you "don't want to hear crying" is not an argument, forum is already mostly full of complaints and it means/would mean nothing for the state of the game), while they could support the game by bringing money seeing how they're familiar with buying cosmetics in other game/s. Hence what I said:

Because it wouldn't, so there's no reason to claim that "you wouldn't want them here!". Yes, you would want them here, because gw2 is a product that needs to make money. If you care about the game, you want more people playing it and spending money on it.

• Confused 1

@yusayu.3629 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:Can't wait for you to announce that you're going to add an update in the future.

PS. un-ruin Scrapper so I have at least 1 reason to play again, thanks

Then don't play it.

Also, Bunker Scrapper was probably the most ResidentSleeper build, so maybe that's just what you're drawn to.

Didn't play bunker trash, brother.

Scrapper lost overall DPS from the patch which was already low, lost 300 vitality (lol), lost F5 toolbelts and now has a completely worthless function gyro. That's even more mindless than the chrono changes.

But don't worry - I'm not playing it, or anything else.