Delete 2 NA Tiers asap please

Grumpdogg.6910

@"TheIceman.1039" said:Roamers who do not want used voice chat? I could recruit them. Voice chat is - where drama begins.

nah, sometimes.but we are fighting GH+DZ which are overstacked and if they get wiped once, they coming back with 80ppl (or attacking with 80ppl T3 at the start). Having ppl in TS3 following the commands are neccessary to have fun. But it seems AG ppl doesnt care. everyone is like "i am the boss, i jump into 80ppl and killing them by myself" :p so we have 40ppl in Squad and TS and 40 roaming free bags for the enemy squad.

@Karnasis.6892 said:So.... for the OP.... when do you play. I see lots of people in T4 NA >.>

good old t4 where we flip t3 keeps, towers, camps, garrison, and even SMC with 12 or less people: no one comes to defend b/c the other servers are dead at that time. conversely, the same thing happens to us when our 16 hour dead zone comes about. ya, when i play there is barely anyone around which isn't much fun. but that's just me.

@Karnasis.6892 said:So.... for the OP.... when do you play. I see lots of people in T4 NA >.>

This is probably right.NA prime hours generally have lots of players across all the tiers.The problem comes about during other time zones where differences in pop can be much wider.I’m not sure how this can be fixed though.Removing tiers will help other time zones but cause NA prime to be over queued.

@fixit.7189 said:

@"Karnasis.6892" said:So.... for the OP.... when do you play. I see lots of people in T4 NA >.>

good old t4 where we flip t3 keeps, towers, camps, garrison, and even SMC with 12 or less people: no one comes to defend b/c the other servers are dead at that time. conversely, the same thing happens to us when our 16 hour dead zone comes about. ya, when i play there is barely anyone around which isn't much fun. but that's just me.

But, you aren't answering the question. The question is "When does he play?" because it matters. Yes, on most NA servers, NA is stacked pretty hard, but outside that timezone there is a lower population for sure. Which is why he thinks it's dead. It's not, I've played at OCX and EU times through out the week and typically it picks up quick, but there is definite lulls between those times.

But I've been linked to BG in the past and been in some of the higher tiers that basically have sizable groups running at different times.

Yup EU needs 1 tier removed as well. Germans always played with superior numbers inefficiently but with the linking system they don't know how to play with so few people. Currently 3 (2 main, 1 link) servers out of 5 in T5 are German.

But yea, reducing tiers doesn't fix the issues of why the WvW population is declining. They need to promote small-scale importance and decision-making so small groups/commanders can grow slowly into bigger ones, currently most of the people just log in when theres a blob because any unorganised open commanding group between 15-40 people is just pretty much getting farmed. There is a reason active people are stacking on blob servers just to sit in SM waiting for enemy/commander instead of doing anything on the maps.

Community is also to blame for the inactivity off-prime, majority of the existing commanders on the servers don't tag up unless there is an enemy group already, because they don't want to be labeled as PPT commanders,. As if there is such a thing, there are just commanders that let enemy dictate when they play the game and commanders that don't. They fail in simple logic; you tag up more, enemy will tag up more, the non-guild, and even guild because recruitment is necessary, WvW will die if all servers wait for the enemy groups to show up first.

ANET can't do much about this ego stupidity but they can promote new commanders, that have different motives for tagging up than veterans, by giving smaller numbers easier time by making long-duration attacks/defences a thing by nerfing shield gen attacks and rework of watchtower tactic so their movement within the map isn't that hindered. This would also give blobs something to do, circumventing siege, while enemy gathers up over just "oh we took the 2 enemy t3 keeps in 5 minutes, nothing left to do". People don't all log-in at the same time. Like if you can literally everytime walk to same gate of bay while building 3 shield gens, 5 rams and get in on the first try, because defensive siege doesn't matter against shield gens, there is something wrong with lack of decisionmaking.

Like I am all for more fights instead of less siege-camping inside keeps but pace of the WvW can't handle this blob-favored braindead balance that actually isn't even good to build up more blobs.

the community part the only thing anet can do is bounties to reward positive behavior.

i.e. get quest to cap x something or def something besides passive stuff. hence guild missions but since the reward is once a week, its not enough. guild rankings would be nice. and tournament

because community wise, the players will do what they will to survive. ie. blob or cloud.

for small scale, well a group of teams are needed. and so there is a need for multiple commanders.

while in theory it works, its hard to communicate with others disagree with u. the bullying mentality takes place.

i.e. deso.

but other servers arent like that

i.e. bg. team work is key there. and really experienced players.

and there are things ppl can do, like host their own events in wvw and invite others to join.

i.e. deso hotswap, also now available in nsp.

also, a bit of pug training helps.i.e. when i asked the guys to do a bit of simple straight line push and asking for a bit of ele in the comp, the fights against the boon zerg of cd was easier.

tldr. we need to pass the info to the new players. and players need to try whats working for the squad.

but anet wise. its really the carrot thats missing

Sorry but I played the WvW past 4 years in multiple different servers including NA (FA, FC, Kaineng (when dods was there)) and EU (Piken, Vabbi (when it was blobby, I was the last off-prime regular comm), FSP, Gandara, Deso, even some french/german servers). This has nothing to do with just Deso, which is my main server. Adaptation of the community is not the problem, rather the siege/defense/point/blob balance that insued from HoT. And I played a lot gaining like 6-7k ranks in this time.

And yes, I do mostly off-prime commanding (daytime) these days but I did do nightcrew for a couple of years while tagging up primetime often when necessary. Scouting, camp flipping, small-scale, dueling etc also. I am fine with the numbers I get rn, it varies from 10 people (offensive desert map) to 70 people (good mu, eb/home bl) while I am getting a multiple good close fights each time I tag up.

You might not realise this but the gap between constantly wiping because bad decisionmaking and being able to have fun commanding is way too large right now. I already adapted to all the WvW changes by reaching top level in PvP and failing at multiple objectives etc. but it shouldn't take that much for a simple new PPT commander to tag up. Scouts have almost 0 impact regarding how the game plays in large-scale outside screaming for help. I'd prefer if a single player, that isn't a commander, could feel like he has some importance in this gamemode. It just pains me to see how bad time new/unpopular commanders/scouts/camp flippers are having just because they happened to start the game later than others.

@fixit.7189 said:

Why do players care about a timezone they don't play? Do they magically become some elite player when they transfer to a higher tier carried by players they don't even associate with? A piece of trash is still a piece of trash no matter what dumpster it's in.