I think this really needs to be watched

Taquain.6598

<---------- this viedo was much needed I been playing GW2 for years I really dont go on the forums but someone had to say the things that needed to be said because nobody else is doing it. Please if you love this game and make this viedo popular show arena net our issues and they will fix it or if they see how many people actually care about pvp we will get more pvp content

@"Taquain.6598" said:

<---------- this viedo was much needed I been playing GW2 for years I really dont go on the forums but someone had to say the things that needed to be said because nobody else is doing it. Please if you love this game and make this viedo popular show arena net our issues and they will fix it or if they see how many people actually care about pvp we will get more pvp content

+1

I never got that! pvp is by far gw2 best game mode and they do soo little. It’s like they are not aware how good their combat system is.Omg this game could be sooo good! When they shut shop I would love to buy rights to their pvp and just build a game really around it.Would have no pve no loot drops or cold. Many different pvp modes and many different LB for different things. All teams for looks can only be gained from TP and u can buy gems with real money and u get gems as a reward for pvp

@"Taquain.6598" said:

I alrwady had posted this already but yes, he's on point with everything

@Chilli.2976 said:If you're going to quit the game, the whole community doesn't need to know - unless your the Game Director or someone important that contributed to the making of this game.

Get real, these people aren't just posting videos to let the community know they are quitting the game. They are posting videos and comments because they at the very least care about what the game could have been or how it could potentially beneficially change for others. Putting your nose in the corner and ignoring the reasons why people quite are are quitting while proclaiming that no one wants to here it or that it shouldn't be posted in the first place does nothing to help the community or the game.

@Xstein.2187 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:If you're going to quit the game, the whole community doesn't need to know - unless your the Game Director or someone important that contributed to the making of this game.

Get real, these people aren't just posting videos to let the community know they are quitting the game. They are posting videos and comments because they at the very least care about what the game could have been or how it could potentially beneficially change for others. Putting your nose in the corner and ignoring the reasons why people quite are are quitting while proclaiming that no one wants to here it or that it shouldn't be posted in the first place does nothing to help the community or the game.

i mean they both sound like kitten cry babies for real... the first guy alot more than the second but yeah the first guy mainly crying that its hurting his bottom line as a content creator rather that be money or popularity anet didn't make this game for you to make profits and they don't care if those guys quit i hate to be that guy but there are plenty of pve dudes that will keep the game a float by buying gem store stuff without them that's just the truth.

they could have made their point better without always bringing up or circling back around to youtube/twitch i don't feel sorry for them and as much as i want this games pvp to take off again im not so delusional to think that's going to happen it's too far gone and has been ever since the first xpac dropped anyone who thinks or thought otherwise has been lying to themselves they obviously can't or don't want to (for business reasons) balance around the elite specs properly it's to much going on at this point and is to hard for them.

also second guy talking about he will wait for the next big mmo to come out lol, mmo's are a dying breed unfortunately unless you are WOW and maybe ff14...... anet is scared to release a GW3 because they don't know if this is a good climate for the genre anymore in general not to mention they lost allot of their original talent that went into making this game that being said i think they need to just end pvp for this game altogether or just take a chance on gw3 because gw2 pvp isn't salvageable small community aside.

@Xstein.2187 said:

@"Chilli.2976" said:If you're going to quit the game, the whole community doesn't need to know - unless your the Game Director or someone important that contributed to the making of this game.

I get that, have a look at the cover picture of that video. What impression would you get from "The 5 reasons I quit Guild Wars 2 explained".Me personally don't want to know the reasons behind why someone is quiting the game, I'm also sure a majority of people don't either.No one would care if you explained your reason why you left McDonald's IRL would they?

@Chilli.2976 said:

I get that, have a look at the cover picture of that video. What impression would you get from "The 5 reasons I quit Guild Wars 2 explained".Me personally don't want to know the reasons behind why someone is quiting the game, I'm also sure a majority of people don't either.No one would care if you explained your reason why you left McDonald's IRL would they?Well in a McDonalds forum they would. And i do think the guy in the video has a valid point.

@Chilli.2976 said:

I get that, have a look at the cover picture of that video. What impression would you get from "The 5 reasons I quit Guild Wars 2 explained".Me personally don't want to know the reasons behind why someone is quiting the game, I'm also sure a majority of people don't either.No one would care if you explained your reason why you left McDonald's IRL would they?

Obviously the title has negative connotations. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't something worth saying or hearing in it.The video was posted yesterday and already has almost 5k views. Therefore, I don't think the title is putting people off from watching it.

"Me personally don't want to know the reasons behind why someone is quiting the game, I'm also sure a majority of people don't either."

I don't quite understand this. When I was happy about the game, I would click on a video like this just to see what people are unhappy about or why the game isn't maintaining steamers or players. This could be useful for many reasons: players understanding better how others in the community feel, devs understanding how others in the community feel, players hearing other ideas of how the game could possibly be improved and weather or not they agree, devs hearing other ideas of how the game could possibly be improved, gaging if other people and how many feel the same, etc.

I can also understand people who may think such videos would turn people away from the game. However, based on the comments in the youtube comment section, it appears many others feel the same way. Weather you currently enjoy the game or not, sweeping what others consider issues under the rug and not discussing them, but ignoring them, in the future will help neither the people who currently enjoy the game, the people who currently don't enjoy the game, nor the devs. Even if you don't agree with weather or not an issue really is an issue, if many others do, refusing to talk about it is never the most beneficial solution for anyone in the long run.

"No one would care if you explained your reason why you left McDonald's IRL would they?"

Again, I don't quite understand because I would like to know why they left. Maybe based on the video it would save others time and money not applying to McDonalds if they agree with said reasons, maybe it would help upper management understand an issue that is happening at the local level, maybe the video would cause those particular issues to be looked at and fixed, maybe if McDonalds treated employees poorly or disgracefully it would interfere with your decisions of weather or not you want to purchase anything from there and indirectly support such employee treatment, etc.

That's every community really. You raise your voice saying "hey, maybe [company] should do more things, more stuff for the players" and the classic fanboys will actually come out and speak against you. FOR WANTING TO HAVE MORE CONTENT, HOW VILLAINOUS TO WANT MORE STUFF FOR EVERYONE IN THE GAME!

It's like people are happy being mediocre.

If you are a role playing fan, and you want anet to add more rping features, you won't ever see me coming into your thread to shoot you down with a "nobody cares, waste of effort" etc. Players never unite because there are always smartasses thinking they're too clever for this world without realizing they're just another carbon copy of a loser. Like you there are millions, don't be that guy. There's nothing to be gained.

Oh and also shoutouts to never fixing pvp bugs. FC aura is still bugged, some weaver skills still bugged since 2 years.

Try to drop this into other sections of the forums so that its noticed. You might get whined at that is just a repost or some such other nonsense, but giving people exposure to a differing perspective to theirs (such as the one expressed in these videos) could maybe do some good. Though knowing this community and my own interactions here on the forums and elsewhere I highly suspect it will be met with disregard and delusional retorts.

I vote PvE as best game mode. And I'm not trying to be a troll. I've been on since beta and I've played though the main story line on at least two characters. There is just sooo much to do that it's endless entertainment. Now if the only thing you do all day every day is game, then yeah, you're going to run out of things to do.