[PvE Build] Grieving hybrid Holo

mov.1246

Hi everyone,

I want to share a build I have created the past days. I am bored of playing condi viper and power holo in PvE and so I tried to make a hybrid holo work.I wanted to make a build that offers a different playstyle that is still competetive in terms of DPS the the meta builds. I was able to reach between 12k to 13k DPS on test golem without external boons or effects.The idea behind this build is to cause high condition damage via burn and high power damage with photon forge and tool belt skills. This build isnt meta but it is very strong and maybe you are bored of the meta builds too, and here is it!

Equipment: everything has to be grieving attributesWhy?: Grieving attributes had my attention since it was introduced in the game but never seem a real option because viper or berserker are just better in terms of pure DPS.

Runes: 6x Rune of the Flame LegionWhy?: it offers +50% on burn duration which is equal to +750 expertise. Additionally it gives +175 power and +7% damage boost.

Sigils: Sigil of Strength and Sigil of BattleWhy?: The only way to gain might is corona burst (10 stacks for 8 sec on 6 sec CD) and might is even more important on a hybrid build because it increases both power and condition damage. In group content where you get might from other players Sigil of Force and Sigil of Bursting seems to be the better choice.

Skills:Pistol+PistolHeal TurretRocket BootsRifle TurretPhoton WallPrime Light Beam

Why double Pistol?: The extreme damage with blowtorch and smoother rotation makes p/p the better choice in my opinion.

Why Heal Turret?: its obvious our best heal and we have blast+jump finishers to increase the heal.

Why Rocket Boots? This skill is used for its tool belt skill which apply burn on a relatively short CD.

Why Rifle Turret? Used for its tool belt skill.

Why Photon Wall? This is used aswell for its tool belt skill. And we have a block with high damage when over 50% heat.

Why Prime Light Beam? High power damage, CC, Burn field (when over 50% heat) This seems the best choice as elite skill.

Traits:Firearms 1-2-3Tools 1-3-2Holo 3-2-1

Why Chemical Rounds? Sanguine Array isnt good because this build doesnt apply much bleeding. And on test golem I got better DPS when taking chemical rounds instead High Caliber.

Why Thermal Vision? Pinpoint Distribution seems a solid choice for group content but Thermal Vision provides a better damage boost. No Scope seems to be weaker on test golem.

Why Incendiary Powder? This build want to get much burn duration as possbile without investing in expertise attribute and +33% duration is qual to +495 expertise. In realistic PvE solo scenarios you cant offer that much of different conditions to make Modified Ammunition the better choice.

Why Static Discharge? This is the only trait that boost the DPS.

Why Takedown Round? This is also the only trait here that boost the DPS.

Why Adrenal Implant? This build rely on dodges because it applys burn (Thermal Release Valve) and I got better results when using this trait instead of Kinectic Battery on test golem.

Why Solar Focusing Lens? This is the only trait that increases DPS.

Why Crystal Configuration: Eclipse? As there is no trait which increases the damage, this seems to be the best choice. Passive stability in PvE is never a bad choice.

Why Thermal Release Valve? The main reason is the high application of burn with dodges. With Adrenal Implant and Optimized Activation the endurance regeneration is almost +100%.

How to use this Build?We got +93% duration on burn so we have to use Blowtorch and Rocket Boots TB (tool belt) as first skills. After that we can enter Photon Forge to make use of Corona Burst and Photon Blitz. After that you generated enough heat to dodge and apply even more burn. Remember to use Rifle Turret TB and Photon Wall TB always when they are ready because they are instant.Leave Photon Forge after you used #3 and #4 twice, then Pistol Skills should be ready again. Remeber to dodge beacue its used to apply burn and use TB skills as often they are ready.

Enjoy!

would it be better if sword/pistol ? since u only have burn duration, pistol main hand 123 condi is very weak compare to sword power?

also 33%+50% = 83% burn duration?? maybe switch one sigil to +20% burn duration to cap to 100%? or just +15% food?

Static Discharge is very weak if critical chance not 100% now....

@Yazeed.4971 said:would it be better if sword/pistol ? since u only have burn duration, pistol main hand 123 condi is very weak compare to sword power?

also 33%+50% = 83% burn duration?? maybe switch one sigil to +20% burn duration to cap to 100%? or just +15% food?

Static Discharge is very weak if critical chance not 100% now....

I also thought sword+pistol would be better, but sword feels clunky and you are the most time in PF because you have a lot uptime due to Thermal Release Valve. Weapons is rarely used. But you can try it with sword if you want.

33% Incendiary Power+50% Runes+10% Thermal Vision = 93% burn duration. You forget the Trait... I tried to maximize burn duration to 100% but might sigils perform better in solo play.

You are right with Static Discharge, it is a lot weaker since nerf, but u have no real option to take. What else would you prefer: Reactive Lenses or Power Wrench?

Been there, done that. I had the same idea a few months ago, took me ages to collect the gear. I was running also full Grieving, Flame Legion Runes, Sword + Shield. I've spent a lot of time testing until I finally realized that the build was too squishy for me. Anyway, a few thoughts:

• 93 % burn duration is enough. Going for 100% is not really worth the trouble. As it is a hybrid build, it is ok not to aim for 100 % efficiency on the condition-side.
  • I boosted the might stacks with Sanguine Array + Superior Sigil of Earth. Bleeding is a weak condition, but that way you can replace the Battle Sigil, gain more might and even increase your total DPS slightly. It is not much, but worth a try. I ran a few tests here, against the Golem Chemical Rounds is the better choice. But PVE also includes fighting weaker enemies. Most of the condition duration turned out to be wasted on everything weaker than Elite. If you plan to fight a lot of bosses or use it frequently in fractals, Chemical Rounds might be the best option. If you are more of an adventurer-type Engineer, Sanguine Array + Earth Sigil could prove useful as well. As I have explained in the other thread, this combination also works very well underwater.
  • If you run Tools, you can try Power Wrench to increase accessibility of Prime Light Beam. You also tend to use your dodges more offensively, which grants better results with Thermal Release Valve. You can get the cooldown down to ridiculous 38 seconds (normally it has 60 seconds!). You just have to use the Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew. This food increases endurance regeneration by 40 % and grants you an additional stack of might upon dodgin = win-win. With this little trick, you can get up to 90 % endurance regeneration permanently (without relying on vigor). You do not have a reliable vigor-source anyway. You can also use the food to replace Adrenal Implant with Gadgeteer (better accessibility for Rocket boots) or Kinetic Battery (quickness = better power damage). The handling and timing of KB is a bit weird though.
  • Rifle Turret can be replaced with Flamethrower Kit. In that case you can replace Takedown Round with Streamlined Kits, which will result in greater mobility thanks to ~ permanent swiftness. The FT toolbelt Incendiary Ammo is perfect for loading massive burns on tough opponents quickly. The FT has a couple of survival helpers like the Smoke Vent, which will save you whenever you are facing CC attacks from your opponent, while arleady having low HP. The area-blind will prevent you from dying, lasts long enough for you to get back onto your feet.
  • There also is a yolo-mode, which comes in handy whenever you feel obliterated by too much CC. The Juggernaut. It is not as stupid as it looks. Even if you equip it while being unconscious, you will be back in combat in no time and are also more likely to withstand the next CCs easier. The might duration extension is really nice. But it depends on the situation. In terms of pure DPS, the Juggernaut is a joke. It is just a nice survival-tool. Full Grieving Holosmith is a glasscannon, very squishy.

Back then, I've tested the build at the Anomaly boss in the Dzasha Uplands (Vabbi) and against Skorvald in a low-tier Fractal. I prefer it over the meta, because of the increased mobility. I really enjoyed the Grieving Holosmith, but with my playstyle, I would need a personal healer. Too squishy.

Grieving hybrid actually works very nicely, also in high Level/CM fractals.

However, I found sword/pistol kinda better to Play (only due to sword #2&3). Also for full dps, I went for firearms + explosives with Boimb kit instead of rifle turret, it gives nice dps (autoattack + fire bomb) AND some CC in Addition.

Skill Rotation is kinda comparably difficult to core condi, as you have to Keep in mind the hidden CDs, match it with the 6s PF lock and heat Management but it packs a nice Punch, especially against enemies with heavy armor.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:Grieving hybrid actually works very nicely, also in high Level/CM fractals.

Do you have some logs to back this up? I haven't played condi in fractals since they removed the toughness scaling so I have no clue how it performs- Only saw some trolling condi warrs that were behin the alac ren. In theory it should be better than viper because of the short phases but sinister would be better aswell then.

@Nephalem.8921 said:Do you have some logs to back this up? I haven't played condi in fractals since they removed the toughness scaling so I have no clue how it performs- Only saw some trolling condi warrs that were behin the alac ren. In theory it should be better than viper because of the short phases but sinister would be better aswell then.

Nope, just my personal experience, which is also a few months old now, sorry^^

• 3 weeks later...