Healing Herald raid Support. Looking for feedback

Hi, so in my search to find an offmeta healer (i'm tired of playing druid) i have been experimenting with herald. The problem is i pug since my schedule makes it so i can't commit to a static so trying out offmeta builds isn't always easy. I think the build isn't bad, especially in maintaining 25 might, fury, regen, prot in a pug setting where boon uptime isn't always the best. It also gives a bit alacrity, some really nice healing and assassin's presence. Of course it lacks spirits and gives 0 quickness so it will never be meta but anyway can you give some thoughs on the build and ways i can maybe improve it?

Just to say it again, this is not a build for speed clearing and optimized comps, just some try at using a supp that isn't druid or firebrigade (although i have my alacrigade ready, it really rare to find a healbrand in pugs)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmyAw6ZllQKMKyiNRXsKCjFSisBqgn/lXrE-zRJYqRHfZUdGkeJ47BJU2DvF/2sA-e

tyvm in advance

Looks good. I wouldnt mind taking this in pugs at all.You help with uptimes, heal quite alot, lot of utility, ofensive buff, cc, perma fury, protect and high stacks of might... It is almost better then druid.... exept it doesnt provide spirits and 25 might on its own. If you want to improve might generation, you can take fried golden dumplings and share that might to others with shared empowerment (hope that is the traits name).

Also you are 3 percent bd above 100 percent so swap one piece to magi for example (more with dumplings). Dont know what infusions you have but if healing you can take mystical and then drop sigil of concentration for other sigil and stillbe above 99 percent bd.

My static has been running a tank herald for 2 balance patches now. Its really good. You kinda need at least 1 chrono to help with the might (SoI too strong), but otherwise its quite comfy. Swiftness, fury, protection, regen perma on 10 people within 600 radius helps a lot with encounters like Dhuum.Theres 2 bosses where you have to re-think your strategies a bit (VG and Gorseval) and 1 boss that druid is just a must have (Desmina), but otherwise healherald (as a tank or not) is in my opinion way better than druid in pugs. Lets be real, that tiny bit of dmg from frost spirit isnt going to help pugs to a clean kill without wipe. However, having swiftness and high ticking regen while having to carry out a mechanic will definitely help.

@Yasi.9065 said:My static has been running a tank herald for 2 balance patches now. Its really good. You kinda need at least 1 chrono to help with the might (SoI too strong), but otherwise its quite comfy. Swiftness, fury, protection, regen perma on 10 people within 600 radius helps a lot with encounters like Dhuum.Theres 2 bosses where you have to re-think your strategies a bit (VG and Gorseval) and 1 boss that druid is just a must have (Desmina), but otherwise healherald (as a tank or not) is in my opinion way better than druid in pugs. Lets be real, that tiny bit of dmg from frost spirit isnt going to help pugs to a clean kill without wipe. However, having swiftness and high ticking regen while having to carry out a mechanic will definitely help.

I would disagree on Desmina - you can happily have a chrono tank and heal/boon FB 2nd tank, while an engi with battle ram is pushing the undead. FB can also be the pusher, while you have a chrono tank and herald 2nd tank

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@Yasi.9065 said:My static has been running a tank herald for 2 balance patches now. Its really good. You kinda need at least 1 chrono to help with the might (SoI too strong), but otherwise its quite comfy. Swiftness, fury, protection, regen perma on 10 people within 600 radius helps a lot with encounters like Dhuum.Theres 2 bosses where you have to re-think your strategies a bit (VG and Gorseval) and 1 boss that druid is just a must have (Desmina), but otherwise healherald (as a tank or not) is in my opinion way better than druid in pugs. Lets be real, that tiny bit of dmg from frost spirit isnt going to help pugs to a clean kill without wipe. However, having swiftness and high ticking regen while having to carry out a mechanic will definitely help.

I would disagree on Desmina - you can happily have a chrono tank and heal/boon FB 2nd tank, while an engi with battle ram is pushing the undead. FB can also be the pusher, while you have a chrono tank and herald 2nd tank

Tried all of that already, and if someone absolutely wants to push on healengi or healfb, Idm. But druid is just so much easier due to lb4, entangle and jacaranda. And in pugs you always have to assume worst case -> your epidemic will be nonexistent and/or golem gets randomly cc'ed. In both scenarios, druid is able to work around it, while engi and fb have a way harder time due to melee pushes and less immobilizes.

One thing Kitty pays attention to whenever she sees someone post a heal herald build: what it is using to trigger Shared Empowerment. This build seems to rely on facets and Natural Harmony and from what Kitty quickly calculated, that's realistically about 16-18 might uptime with this setup. Replace Sigil of Concentration with Sigil of Strength and you get to full 25. Boon duration won't suffer as you overcap other boons already.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:One thing Kitty pays attention to whenever she sees someone post a heal herald build: what it is using to trigger Shared Empowerment. This build seems to rely on facets and Natural Harmony and from what Kitty quickly calculated, that's realistically about 16-18 might uptime with this setup. Replace Sigil of Concentration with Sigil of Strength and you get to full 25. Boon duration won't suffer as you overcap other boons already.

I'm pretty sure the Sigil of Strength only procs might on you - not your whole squad since you are the one who gets might on critical hit - not all of your squad.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@LadyKitty.6120 said:One thing Kitty pays attention to whenever she sees someone post a heal herald build: what it is using to trigger Shared Empowerment. This build seems to rely on facets and Natural Harmony and from what Kitty quickly calculated, that's realistically about 16-18 might uptime with this setup. Replace Sigil of Concentration with Sigil of Strength and you get to full 25. Boon duration won't suffer as you overcap other boons already.

I'm pretty sure the Sigil of Strength only procs might on you - not your whole squad since you are the one who gets might on critical hit - not all of your squad.

Yes. But shared empowerment give othere might when you get boon. It has icd of 1 sec but all boons are aplied to you only once in 3 seconds. This utilise those 2 wasted procs. Thats why i suggested dumplings.

I was afraid of sigil of strenght since that aply only on crit

Tyvm for all the feedback everyone, I have been puging a bit and looks like the biggest drawback of this build is the meta mentality, since a lot of low LI groups still ask for 2 druids or 1 druid 1 scourge.

Although it is a good sugestion i preffer the sugestion of @ButcherofMalakir.4067

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Looks good. I wouldnt mind taking this in pugs at all.You help with uptimes, heal quite alot, lot of utility, ofensive buff, cc, perma fury, protect and high stacks of might... It is almost better then druid.... exept it doesnt provide spirits and 25 might on its own. If you want to improve might generation, you can take fried golden dumplings and share that might to others with shared empowerment (hope that is the traits name).

Also you are 3 percent bd above 100 percent so swap one piece to magi for example (more with dumplings). Dont know what infusions you have but if healing you can take mystical and then drop sigil of concentration for other sigil and stillbe above 99 percent bd.

I like the food change and the few pieces of magi since it gives me a bit more crit = more might. The infusions are just normal +9, i just forgot to take them out when i was trying to see if it makes a lot of difference in Healing Power in the calculator xb

This is the current build. Any more commentaries on to make it better?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmyAw6ZllQKMKyiNRXsKCjFSisBqgn/lXrE-zRRYQhooGd06lR1ZQ6lgvzSgbWA-e

tyvm everyone

edit: Btw any thoughts on Generous Abundance vs Selfless Amplification? I preffer to take SA but mostly because i hate the orb mechanic since most people don't even know about the healing orbs

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Yes. But shared empowerment give othere might when you get boon. It has icd of 1 sec but all boons are aplied to you only once in 3 seconds. This utilise those 2 wasted procs. Thats why i suggested dumplings.

I was afraid of sigil of strenght since that aply only on crit

Oh indeed. I derpred out and for some reason didn't think it works this way. Checked in game (golem) already...It does help quite a bit, but yet to test in actual raids. Might still be an issue to keep perma 25 might on 10 people (energy management etc), but it definitely should allow to boost your numbers from 17/18 to 20ish with the rest patched up by chrono/other classes.

@leunamsil.6742 said:Tyvm for all the feedback everyone, I have been puging a bit and looks like the biggest drawback of this build is the meta mentality, since a lot of low LI groups still ask for 2 druids or 1 druid 1 scourge.

Although it is a good sugestion i preffer the sugestion of @ButcherofMalakir.4067

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Looks good. I wouldnt mind taking this in pugs at all.You help with uptimes, heal quite alot, lot of utility, ofensive buff, cc, perma fury, protect and high stacks of might... It is almost better then druid.... exept it doesnt provide spirits and 25 might on its own. If you want to improve might generation, you can take fried golden dumplings and share that might to others with shared empowerment (hope that is the traits name).

I like the food change and the few pieces of magi since it gives me a bit more crit = more might. The infusions are just normal +9, i just forgot to take them out when i was trying to see if it makes a lot of difference in Healing Power in the calculator xb

This is the current build. Any more commentaries on to make it better?

tyvm everyone

edit: Btw any thoughts on Generous Abundance vs Selfless Amplification? I preffer to take SA but mostly because i hate the orb mechanic since most people don't even know about the healing orbs

Magi Head shoulders and earring with rest harrier is closer to 100% bd.

Personaly I would take full harrier and dumplings (exactly 100 percent BD) and sigil of water (and renewal on staff)

I played it without the orbs because I didnt swap on CD. Pop all facet exept of healing (and strenght if you want better might uptime), w8 for them to get on cd, pop and swap. No problem with energy managment since you are not at negative energy gain.

Edit: i made a mistake. Check bellow but I woukdnt use this now.

I would take full harrier, sigil of strenght and transference on sword set and sigil of transference and either water or renewal on staff. Standard heal food and either you lose 6 percent boon duration (which is nothing since you overcap most boons so hard anyway) or take infusions for 100 percent BD.

With fury and banner you have around 30 percent crit chance. With quickness and sword 2 you should use at least one if not both wasted shared empowerment procs. Dont forget that shield 4 gives protect so you can use that to provide might with shared empowerment too. Staff is your emergency weapon. I am not sure which sigil there is better. It is better to have your party at full then those few might stacks so I think one of the healing sigils should be better.Renewal would provide amazing burst healing with shield 4 swap staff 4.

And finaly for that healing trait. I feel like percentage is better on herald then orbs. Reason is that on herald you have energy since you always doubletap facets anyway and so you can spam healing skills (like shield and staff 4) on CD. Those skills have short CD (shorter then they would on other classes) because of energy system and so you would utilise outgoing healing more. Also you dont always want to swap whenever ready.

On the other hand renegade doest have energy to spare so he needs to swap often. His healing is mostly from lifesteal which is not incresed by outgoing healing if I am correct so orbs are better there.

So I was running the build above (renewal sigil) multiple times now and it worked perfectly. Boons were there and heals too. Camp glint and swap to ventari when you need the healing/clense/projectyle control/pushIn glint use all facets on cd exept healing one and f2. You want to have those 2 active as much as possible. Sword 2 and shield 4 whenever ready. You can use sword 3 for slightly better might uptime. You have energy for it so why not.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:So I was running the build above (renewal sigil) multiple times now and it worked perfectly. Boons were there and heals too. Camp glint and swap to ventari when you need the healing/clense/projectyle control/pushIn glint use all facets on cd exept healing one and f2. You want to have those 2 active as much as possible. Sword 2 and shield 4 whenever ready. You can use sword 3 for slightly better might uptime. You have energy for it so why not.

Thank you very much for all the help, I will be sure to try it out when i have the chance

hithis looks promising. dont let your curiosity be tainted by all that meta nonsense.I dont have much experience on heal herald, but alot on heal renegade. 2 things i would like to add to the discussion.

1. if you are healing and not tanking at the same time, i found that taking assassin's annihilation over swift termination results in a good selfheal for free, so that you keep yourself above 75% without loosing much dmg if at all. especially with alot of healing power you get a lot of passive healing. together with regen this should be pretty ridiculous.
  2. healing orbs. now on heal renegade i personally prefer to use the orbs, because heal renegade is just unbelievably strong when it comes to heal output and i trade a small amount of that healing for having another boon on my squad permanently (vigor). which means taking vital blessing over tranquil balance and generous abundance over selfless amplification both in salvation. while it would add one more boon to the list, in case of heal herald as described above i have some doubts. because you dont camp staff (which produces orbs with aclick) and you dont swap legends regularly (most orbs come from tablet spam rly). if you camp herald most of the time + use sw/sh over staff, effectiveness will decrease greatly. still i wanted to add the experience i made with this.

thanks again for the build. i will try this soon-ish. i always was thinking about heal herald, but since alac rene / alac heal rene is so preferred right now i wasnt able to try. BUT if granting 25might to 10 people really works reliably, then this find is HUGE.EDIT: some wording

@Madara.7435 said:hithis looks promising. dont let your curiosity be tainted by all that meta nonsense.I dont have much experience on heal herald, but alot on heal renegade. 2 things i would like to add to the discussion.

1. if you are healing and not tanking at the same time, i found that taking assassin's annihilation over swift termination results in a good selfheal for free, so that you keep yourself above 75% without loosing much dmg if at all. especially with alot of healing power you get a lot of passive healing. together with regen this should be pretty ridiculous.
  2. healing orbs. now on heal renegade i personally prefer to use the orbs, because heal renegade is just unbelievably strong when it comes to heal output and i trade a small amount of that healing for having another boon on my squad permanently (vigor). which means taking vital blessing over tranquil balance and generous abundance over selfless amplification both in salvation. while it would add one more boon to the list, in case of heal herald as described above i have some doubts. because you dont camp staff (which produces orbs with aclick) and you dont swap legends regularly (most orbs come from tablet spam rly). if you camp herald most of the time + use sw/sh over staff, effectiveness will decrease greatly. still i wanted to add the experience i made with this.

thanks again for the build. i will try this soon-ish. i always was thinking about heal herald, but since alac rene / alac heal rene is so preferred right now i wasnt able to try. BUT if granting 25might to 10 people really works reliably, then this find is HUGE.EDIT: some wording

Thank you for your input, i understand that renegade will always be more meta due to the permenant alacrity (especially now that a lot of chronos are tired of always having to relearn the class) and Soulcleave's but i was just trying to create an of meta build that gives good healing and helps with boons in pugs (mainly might and fury). Glad you liked it and found it promising, especially after all the changes @ButcherofMalakir.4067 and @ollbirtan.2915 sugested.

@leunamsil.6742 said:

@Madara.7435 said:hithis looks promising. dont let your curiosity be tainted by all that meta nonsense.I dont have much experience on heal herald, but alot on heal renegade. 2 things i would like to add to the discussion.

Thank you for your input, i understand that renegade will always be more meta due to the permenant alacrity (especially now that a lot of chronos are tired of always having to relearn the class) and Soulcleave's but i was just trying to create an of meta build that gives good healing and helps with boons in pugs (mainly might and fury). Glad you liked it and found it promising, especially after all the changes @ButcherofMalakir.4067 and @ollbirtan.2915 sugested.

They play diferent role. Renegade is there for alacrity. Herald for druid boons. One cannot be compared to other since they play diferent role

@"Madara.7435" said:hithis looks promising. dont let your curiosity be tainted by all that meta nonsense.I dont have much experience on heal herald, but alot on heal renegade. 2 things i would like to add to the discussion.

You dont provide 25 might but with one signet of inspiration it is perma 25 might. All other boons are more then perma. Might would be better witho mystical infusion but I think it wouldnt be reliable to produce 25 might alone even with them.

Here is example of pug soloheal gorseval. 250 li group I think. It was my second boss with this build so it could be better. I have logs from much more bosses but either they were with druid or with organised (but beginer) squad.

https://dps.report/IcHm-20190811-224104_gors

And some runs with casual but organised guild:https://dps.report/SNPR-20190812-204411_vghttps://dps.report/bv82-20190812-210654_gorshttps://dps.report/Gj8s-20190812-212808_sabhttps://dps.report/flMI-20190812-222429_kc

edint: I was pushing on KC and kiting on sabetha. Also some strategies are developed for druid and are much harder to do with herald :D