Resetting hero points? Is there a way?

You can choose which one you like the one from Pof or HotMy suggestion for you is to do POF hero points because they are easier to do them solo. My rotation was Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elon Riverlands and Dragon Stance from Hot( join a meta). With this full you can get your elite in 2-3 hours.

Hot farms.You can farm faster the heroic points if you join some train in Auric Basin mostly, receiving 110 and you can make together with others Verdant Brink which gives you again 110 PointsAgain dragon stance if you didn't do it which gives you 70 pointsYou are missing only 10 points which you can get from different maps.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:This is one of the bad point on this game.. a HUGE and famous game like this doesnt have a single item or option that allow players to reset their skill points... compared to others games the character skill customization here is VERY POOR...

It's only a problem for a short time. As people have explained in this thread just getting to level 80 will give you enough hero points to unlock all the core skills and traits and then there's more than enough hero challenges in the world to unlock both elite specs.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Or just do some WvW and unlock everything in no time, without even stepping in PoF or HoT.

How come? could you explain?

Gaining ranks in WvW or earning Skirmish Chests awards you
which can be traded to a
for a Notarized Scroll of Heroics (Core), Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics or Notarized Scroll of Desert Heroics. Using the scroll completes 1 random hero challenge in the respective area, giving you 1 hero point (for Core maps) or 10 for HoT and PoF maps.

Hmm I see .. although I play the game for some time there are still lot of things I dont know and need to learn lol. Ty for the info i'll try to play WvW to get these good stuff, specially for the tomes of knowledge. I need many since the lving here takes kitten long and the level 80 boost don´t give access to elite specialization(still dont know why) what force the players to level or spend their boost to test all...

The level boost puts your character at level 80, just as it says. It neither gives more or less hero points.

Every level 80 character, no matter if leveled without boost, some boost or a level 80 boost, will have exactly enough hero points to learn ALL core traits and skills leaving only the 2 elite specializations (worth 250 hero points each) open. Given there is a total of 904 hero points in game (
) and only 500 are needed to learn both elite specializations, you have a lot of freedom to decide which hero points you gather. As noted by others, HoT and PoF hero challenges reward 10 points each, while core Tyria reward 1 point each.

Leveling here takes as long as you decide to make it. There are leveling guides which can help you reach level 80 in 1-2 days (somwhat arbitrary since it also depends on your playtime per day). Given there are a ton of instant level items (you get 10 level up scrolls per month), fast experience methods (craffting rewards upwards of 7-10 levels per maxed crafting skill. Some crafts take only a few gold to get to max level
) and experience is rewarded for almost anything, this is a personal issue for you.

Do you have any lving guide u can suggest to me? I got some time to play since i´m not working.. if I can make a lv 80 char in like one week that wont be bad for me.

There is multiple youtube videos which explain how to level fast. Here is some general pointers:
  • stick to levels close to your character and zones close to your character. That's because experience gained is based on your level or the zone level which you are in (and realize that different parts of a map can have different max levels). If you are level 20, move out of the level 1-15 zones unless you are close to map completing one
  • do your personal story missions every 10 levels. Those are usually 3-4 missions and will grant 2-3 levels into your next 10 levels
  • exploring gives experience and rushing through maps can rack up quite a lot of experience without fighting a single enemy. Try to keep a lookout for waypoints, vistas and hero points which all are fast to complete and give good experience
  • crafting gives experience and the experienced gained is scaled to your level. gw2crafts.net has current guides based on current ingame prices. As of this writing, cokking costs around 4 gold to get to 400 (which is 10 levels gained), Jewelcrafting costs 9-10 gold to get to 400 (which is 7 levels for your character). If you have been doing dailies, these gold amounts should not be an issue
  • dailies give scrolls of experience, so do monthly login rewards which result in another 10 levels in tomes of knowledge
  • try to keep gear up to date every 5 - 10 levels
  • make sure to keep your gathering tools up to date and gather materials on the way
  • participate in events close by

As such, let's assume you just hit level 30. You can do the level 30 story missions, which will immediately get you to level 32-33. Then you can run around the level 25-35 maps (remember, there is more than 1 map per level tier) just unlocking waypoints and hero points which would net another 2-3 levels (without any fighting). Once you are level 36-37, craft a bit cooking to hit level 40. Rinse and repeat. Obviously if you do events or heart quests, the amount of experience required from crafting becomes less.

You could also level to 60, then level cooking and jewelcrafting and be close to level 80. Personally I'd suggest to use those levels from crafting to bridge gaps to next story missions, but that is personal preference.

Here is the one big one though: do NOT grind enemies. It is literally one of the worst ways to get experience in this game.

thanks, now i know why guild wars is one of the best community among the mmos, they are friendly.

@ancafr.9274 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Or just do some WvW and unlock everything in no time, without even stepping in PoF or HoT.

You can buy Hero points (a random one from the choose area ( HoT or PoF or Tyria) is rewarded and marked as done) from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Testimony_of_Heroicss contained in RankUp-chests at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heroics_Notary

You progress on map completion doing so as well.

@Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:Yeah lol, i have both elite specs fully unlocked on my Guardian, Ranger and Necro, and i still have 391 points left cause i got all Hero Points in the game, if they realease a new elite spec in the future i will be able to unlock it right away without needing to grind (unless they change how it works), for me that's a great skill system to be honest!!!

I fully unlocked FB and mirage instantly the moment PoF dropped. I had over 250 HP on each class.

@ancafr.9274 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:This is one of the bad point on this game.. a HUGE and famous game like this doesnt have a single item or option that allow players to reset their skill points... compared to others games the character skill customization here is VERY POOR...

It's only a problem for a short time. As people have explained in this thread just getting to level 80 will give you enough hero points to unlock all the core skills and traits and then there's more than enough hero challenges in the world to unlock both elite specs.

which can be traded to a
for a Notarized Scroll of Heroics (Core), Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics or Notarized Scroll of Desert Heroics. Using the scroll completes 1 random hero challenge in the respective area, giving you 1 hero point (for Core maps) or 10 for HoT and PoF maps.

Hmm I see .. although I play the game for some time there are still lot of things I dont know and need to learn lol. Ty for the info i'll try to play WvW to get these good stuff, specially for the tomes of knowledge. I need many since the lving here takes kitten long and the level 80 boost don´t give access to elite specialization(still dont know why) what force the players to level or spend their boost to test all...

The level boost puts your character at level 80, just as it says. It neither gives more or less hero points.

Every level 80 character, no matter if leveled without boost, some boost or a level 80 boost, will have exactly enough hero points to learn ALL core traits and skills leaving only the 2 elite specializations (worth 250 hero points each) open. Given there is a total of 904 hero points in game (
) and only 500 are needed to learn both elite specializations, you have a lot of freedom to decide which hero points you gather. As noted by others, HoT and PoF hero challenges reward 10 points each, while core Tyria reward 1 point each.

Leveling here takes as long as you decide to make it. There are leveling guides which can help you reach level 80 in 1-2 days (somwhat arbitrary since it also depends on your playtime per day). Given there are a ton of instant level items (you get 10 level up scrolls per month), fast experience methods (craffting rewards upwards of 7-10 levels per maxed crafting skill. Some crafts take only a few gold to get to max level
) and experience is rewarded for almost anything, this is a personal issue for you.

Do you have any lving guide u can suggest to me? I got some time to play since i´m not working.. if I can make a lv 80 char in like one week that wont be bad for me.

There is multiple youtube videos which explain how to level fast. Here is some general pointers:
  • stick to levels close to your character and zones close to your character. That's because experience gained is based on your level or the zone level which you are in (and realize that different parts of a map can have different max levels). If you are level 20, move out of the level 1-15 zones unless you are close to map completing one
  • do your personal story missions every 10 levels. Those are usually 3-4 missions and will grant 2-3 levels into your next 10 levels
  • exploring gives experience and rushing through maps can rack up quite a lot of experience without fighting a single enemy. Try to keep a lookout for waypoints, vistas and hero points which all are fast to complete and give good experience
  • crafting gives experience and the experienced gained is scaled to your level. gw2crafts.net has current guides based on current ingame prices. As of this writing, cokking costs around 4 gold to get to 400 (which is 10 levels gained), Jewelcrafting costs 9-10 gold to get to 400 (which is 7 levels for your character). If you have been doing dailies, these gold amounts should not be an issue
  • dailies give scrolls of experience, so do monthly login rewards which result in another 10 levels in tomes of knowledge
  • make sure to keep your gathering tools up to date and gather materials on the way

As such, let's assume you just hit level 30. You can do the level 30 story missions, which will immediately get you to level 32-33. Then you can run around the level 25-35 maps (remember, there is more than 1 map per level tier) just unlocking waypoints and hero points which would net another 2-3 levels (without any fighting). Once you are level 36-37, craft a bit cooking to hit level 40. Rinse and repeat. Obviously if you do events or heart quests, the amount of experience required from crafting becomes less.

You could also level to 60, then level cooking and jewelcrafting and be close to level 80. Personally I'd suggest to use those levels from crafting to bridge gaps to next story missions, but that is personal preference.

Here is the one big one though: do NOT grind enemies. It is literally one of the worst ways to get experience in this game.

thanks, now i know why guild wars is one of the best community among the mmos, they are friendly.

One addition to the great list: use buffs and consumables . Food and utility consumables usually give a bonus to kill-xp, as do celebration boosters (from login rewards and other sources). If you are in a guild they might have a guild bonus available that you can grab for free (per character, lasts 24h gametime). Use experience and hero banners that other players put up (more often in cities or wvw spawn areas). Each of those give just a small bonus, but it all adds up quickly.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

which can be traded to a

One addition to the great list: use
. Food and utility consumables usually give a bonus to kill-xp, as do
(from login rewards and other sources). If you are in a guild they might have a guild bonus available that you can grab for free (per character, lasts 24h gametime). Use experience and hero banners that other players put up (more often in cities or wvw spawn areas). Each of those give just a small bonus, but it all adds up quickly.

I always look for these banners, when there is no then I ask in 60% of the cases people drop them but the guild bonus i didnt know.. I´m not being so luck with guilds in this game either lol. The two guilds i joined one is pratically dead and the others people are 90% afk

It's not really needed when the world is literally humming with them, you don't even need to earn all the hero points available to unlock them all.

Before you settle on a Elite spec its a good idea to go to the mists and get a feel for what the abilities it has vs the Training golems there since the pvp lobby makes you 80 and fully unlocked with all your skills ~ certainly its not going to give the full experience of the class with gear but you can get a good feel of what is what before you commit to it.

@AzureTerra.1642 said:Before you settle on a Elite spec its a good idea to go to the mists and get a feel for what the abilities it has vs the Training golems there since the pvp lobby makes you 80 and fully unlocked with all your skills ~ certainly its not going to give the full experience of the class with gear but you can get a good feel of what is what before you commit to it.

Yea if i knew this before I waste like 60 tomes of knowledge and 1 lv 80 booter would spare me more weeks/months farming for more :'( . Now I just need to find a good guild.

@ancafr.9274 said:

@AzureTerra.1642 said:Before you settle on a Elite spec its a good idea to go to the mists and get a feel for what the abilities it has vs the Training golems there since the pvp lobby makes you 80 and fully unlocked with all your skills ~ certainly its not going to give the full experience of the class with gear but you can get a good feel of what is what before you commit to it.

Yea if i knew this before I waste like 60 tomes of knowledge and 1 lv 80 booter would spare me more weeks/months farming for more :'( . Now I just need to find a good guild.

I wish i had known about it and done it before i decided to delete my first character when i came back last year. I remember coming back and going blarh this engineer is as bad as i remember ~ delete and then later on trying scrapper on another key leveling character taken to the mists and realized that it could have worked.

@AzureTerra.1642 said:

I wish i had known about it and done it before i decided to delete my first character when i came back last year. I remember coming back and going blarh this engineer is as bad as i remember ~ delete and then later on trying scrapper on another key leveling character taken to the mists and realized that it could have worked.

One thing I learned on guild wars 2 is that there is no such thing as 'bad class', here all classes are good and the game is very ballanced and offer a lot of different builds not to mention the HUGE content for all tastes pve, pvp and WvW. Its so many options that is really HARD to decide which one will be main lol. For exemple I think mesmer the coolest mage but i didnt like their both elite specialization :(.