Place your bets for the 2v2 map

Ziggityzog.7389

depends how the map is, like clearly, the current stat of some classes/builds are not suited for non-objective/points play.i can hardly think how a warrior will be without points forcing their enemies to run in circle.double ranged can probably just melt warrior in no time.

Ben P said that they are no plans for 2v2 queue. The new map will be used in the 2v2 tournaments. When they untangle the mess with the tournaments there might be on demand tournaments (work in progress, on the table, don't get over hyped about it, it may or may not happen) so it will be in a way a queue for 2v2.

@"Vancho.8750" said:Ben P said that they are no plans for 2v2 queue. The new map will be used in the 2v2 tournaments. When they untangle the mess with the tournaments there might be on demand tournaments (work in progress, on the table, don't get over hyped about it, it may or may not happen) so it will be in a way a queue for 2v2.

They also said in the past before the first 2v2 map that they would never change things up with team size. Then now on the wiki with the "Upcoming" section they have something that might be in the works.

MentionedThese changes have been mentioned by ArenaNet, but lack specific details and/or a release date.PvPDeathmatch custom arena map intended for larger teams.

So minds can change when the current failure in pvp isn't working and you now have a pvp mode that is lacking players. Changing things can be good.

I want to be all PMA and vote that I think it'l happen, but; at the same time, I know it won't. Though, I really hope i'm wrong and we get surprised.

I mean, this would be a perfectly good substitute to enter the game as a separate, permanent or rotational ranked arena. It could replace that incredibly broken feature that's pretty much killed Ranked for anyone who isn't in the very top 25, and/or isn't abusing it themselves.

"A new 2v2 map, Auric Span, has been added to custom arenas." according patch notes...

Dead map that won't be played. It needs its own ranked queue and add a game mode 2 vs 2 (where you can only enter if you are in a duo party). That way you can choose your own team, have nothing to complain as there shouldn't be afking ppl or bots then (at least not on your own team) and for the ones that have no friends, lfg works to find a partner and ofcourse it stimulates team play.

@Till.6473 said:Anet kitten off. Really new map 2v2 is a joke no q

Anet prefer pve and new arms skin pvp is very saltyt just kitten off anet your game pvp is dead

By anet i delete your kitten game

I hope a little bit that Anet has a bigger plan with all the 2v2 maps but they don't want to talk about right now (either more frequent 2v2 Ats or a q). If not it feels more like a kick in the ass of all PvP player Anet wants to stop playing that game mode and just trolls us until we all get it...

Such a neat map too.

To bad A-net still won’t make a queue.

Double dumb because that would give them some of the best data that they should balance around, and maybe bring some life back into the game.

If they could make it balanced for 2v2 death match, 5v5 conquest would become so much more engaging and it would develop a healthy meta.

I get it.There is not a ton of staff for PVP, things like balance patches take a while, not too much is happening.Nothing has been as dead as the hotjoin arenas in PVP. Nothing. Caudecus Dungeon Path 2, or that one Bridge in EotM sees probably 10 times more people per day than the hotjoin arenas.Why make a new arena ONLY for hotjoin? Thats such an incredible waste of resources.2v2 arenas with a 2v2 queue, ranked or unranked, amazing! I would love that.2v2 maps only for hotjoin? absolute waste IMO

It will die in hotjoin because it's not their beloved circle wars. Just to make it appear like they are giving pvp content. All my friends have quit this game a long time ago due to pvp neglect. A single functioning mode since launch. I have no friends to play with cuz your pvp is dead. Without a queue there is 0 chance of me playing it. Why not just give the community what it wants for once, and maybe we get some players in the game again?