Cannot Launch Game

I recently installed Guild Wars 2 on a new computer and it fails to launch after hitting play from the launcher. The executable itself launches, I hear the menu screen music, and my cursor changes, but I just see my desktop, not the game. If I open task manager, the application state's it's not responding and I'll have to force end the task to close it.

I tried adding the -windowed flag to the shortcut and that actually provided a white box instead of just my desktop plus a crash log, which I submitted. When I add the -repair flag to the shortcut, it "repairs" the game, but it does the same thing. I found a post from a few years ago on the forum with a similar issue and I tried following those steps, which were to delete the local.dat file in AppData, repair the game as an admin, and then run the game as admin, but this produced the same result.

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i7 9800xNvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (431.60 Driver)32GB 3200MHz Memory512GB NVMe SSD2TB HDD (Game is installed on this drive)Killer Networking 1650x AX WiFiWindows 10 Home x64 (1903 Build 18362.267)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I know this might sound strange but often when I've been unable to access Gw2 its been caused by a winsock issue of some sort. If you go into CMD as a administrator and type “netsh winsock reset” it might work. Strangely enough its solved many issues for me. But i cannot guarantee that it will work for you, its just something worth trying.

Thank you for the responses! Below is the first part of the Crash Log. I'm in the process of re-installing the game entirely to see if this helps, and I'll definitely try the winsock reset after that.

! --> Crash <--! Exception: c000001d! App: Gw2-64.exe! Pid: 15564! BaseAddr: 00007FF7EDEF0000! ProgramId: 101! Build: 98410! Module: d3d9.dll! When: 2019-08-10T18:32:15Z 2019-08-10T14:32:15-04:00! Uptime: 0 days 0:00:27! Flags: 0

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Did you happen to install windows update KB4505903? If so, uninstall this one and try again. If that fixes it, its the latest windows 10 update. Have seen several mention this issue and also mentioning d3d9.dll and it turned out to be that windows update.

This was it! Thank you so very much. Removed the update, rebooted, and voila, it opened right up. Also, no I'm not using any addons; it was a clean install.