if daredevil had its own set of stolen skills, what would you want them to be?

Stand The Wall.6987

The problem is that mark is a totally new mechanic that the spec is built around, wheras swipe is not. I'd love to see something like no stolen skills at all, but where swipe is a combo finisher type attack, the damage/function is proportional to how much damage you'd dealt with normal weapon skills without taking damage (plays into the evade playstyle), and vary the skill based on weaponset. Would also fit the daredevil name a lot better imo, as it would encourage risky play, getting yourself in harms way to set up the attack, and would potentially create a brawler playstyle with the right effects without outright tanking attacks. Something like that is a fundamental change tho, so it's not gonna happen.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Core steal and DE Mark are based on the target's profession. What if Swipe is based on the active and off-set weapon they are using?

Example: Steal from Ranger using a Longbow - Steal Long Arrow: Use it to stab your target causing bleeding and torment. Stealing from Dragonhunter will cause burning instead.

I don't like it, seems too randomized for me and that even before considering weapon swaps or kits.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:Core steal and DE Mark are based on the target's profession. What if Swipe is based on the active and off-set weapon they are using?

Example: Steal from Ranger using a Longbow - Steal Long Arrow: Use it to stab your target causing bleeding and torment. Stealing from Dragonhunter will cause burning instead.

I don't like it, seems too randomized for me and that even before considering weapon swaps or kits.

Kits will have no effect since it's not the weapon they have equipped. There's only 16 terran weapons and 3 aquatic weapons. That's not "too random".

What's random is stealing a Mace from a Guardian using a Longbow and a Greatsword. Or an axe from a Warrior using daggers and swords.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Core steal and DE Mark are based on the target's profession. What if Swipe is based on the active and off-set weapon they are using?

Kits will have no effect since it's not the weapon they have equipped. There's only 16 terran weapons and 3 aquatic weapons. That's not "too random".

What's random is stealing a Mace from a Guardian using a Longbow and a Greatsword. Or an axe from a Warrior using daggers and swords.

Nope, what's random is going into the fight with a class and not knowing what skill you'll get until they pull out the weapon. And then they swap in a bad moment and you still didn't get what you wanted to.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Nope, what's random is going into the fight with a class and not knowing what skill you'll get until they pull out the weapon. And then they swap in a bad moment and you still didn't get what you wanted to.

You're confusing "random" from "unknown".

Even though a Warrior can use many weapons, they can only equip 2 out of 13, which makes the item you're stealing unknown but predictable -- not random.Engineer and Elem can only equip one weapon at a time (no swapping) so it makes the stolen item more predictable.

Even if they swap out of their main weapon set, I still don't see anything to complain about.

Besides, this thread is about what you and I want. This is what I want. Post what you want. We can agree to disagree.

No, I'm not. When you go into WvW fight it's as good as random including the weapon swap.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

No, I'm not. When you go into WvW fight it's as good as random including the weapon swap.

I guess it's not for everyone.

Yup, that's still just my opinon. :p

• Confused 1

DD is a product of lazy and rushed development hence the inclusion of half the acro line thus wrecking the orig acro line in the process.Have something like f1 switched staff skills to offensive style stance with 5 skills and f2 switches to a defensive set of 5 skills with a f3 ultimate skill depending on what stance ur in that has to be built up to activate woulda been far better than getting a steal copy f1 and stolen traits from an existing line lol.Maybe not the best idea but just an example of how little work and imagination went into DD.

@Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, that's still just my opinon. :p

That's perfectly fine. ;) I'm actually curious on what you want stolen instead using Swipe.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:DD is a product of lazy and rushed development hence the inclusion of half the acro line thus wrecking the orig acro line in the process.Have something like f1 switched staff skills to offensive style stance with 5 skills and f2 switches to a defensive set of 5 skills with a f3 ultimate skill depending on what stance ur in that has to be built up to activate woulda been far better than getting a steal copy f1 and stolen traits from an existing line lol.Maybe not the best idea but just an example of how little work and imagination went into DD.

Even though I would like to see this in GW2, however, that is no longer a specialization of the Thief. That's sounds more of what a Warrior would do.