Guildwars MOBA

Interpretor.3091

I'm just hoping the next game they put money into isnt a mobile cash cow game just made to make money. If we do get a gw3 game or just a pvp version of guild wars with similar game play. I'm all in. Right now circlequest and the zzzZZZzzz game play of stand in the circle and die from aoe or run and loose it game play is stale. Sadly they failed again with 2v2 and not having a que for the now 4 TDM maps 3 2v2 and 1 5v5 so i dont expect alot. I wouldn't mind a moba game version because stronghold is wayyy better then dancing in a little circle all game. i know they can do it.

1. Remove pvp from the game (Leave WvW as an RvR type mode), at least as a competitive game-mode. IT can still be there but its not gonna have tournaments or anything major going forward
  2. Make a moba with all the specs in each class as unique characters, balance them accordingly.
  3. You will make money off E-sports and it will help stop the issues you run into now by to try and balance the game. If someone wants solid pvp action that isn't like RvR or just doing pvp for fun the MoBa will be there for them.
  4. It brings in money.
  5. It's easier to develop and maintain than an MMO and can be a good addition to stand alongside your MMO.

All of that said I Still wouldn't touch it ~ Smite exists with much more love for the lore, and the character designs suite my tastes most of the time. Where as GW2 aesthetically to me is hideous.

I like gw2 combat. It is fluid and addictive. I used to farm the JP in EB back in the days, it was so much fun. I still have fun in spvp, imo gw2 doesn't need a moba mode, but PvP needs some love and dedication because it already has a solid base to be successful. Anet just needs to listen to the community, capitalize on all the good stuff they've been working on and build on that. If the game was a store, PvP would be the flagship window.

@draxynnic.3719 said:Stronghold is basically MOBA mechanics in the GW2 engine. Just needed more maps rather than receiving the typical ArenaNet treatment of dropping everything that isn't a resounding success from the word go.

Stronghold has tons of gameplay problems to address before it gets another map. Those problems are why the mode died so fast.

There are two winning strategies to the current version of stronghold, both of which are boring: you either go full- on PvE race or just all sit at your gate and kill all doorbreakers instantly, running inside to avoid going down. Archers are worthless. Etc.

I don't like MOBAs and I'd love GW2 sPvP if it had better balance so why not just use a different pvp balance team in vanilla GW2?Also MOBA relies on good and very frequent balance way more then gw2 in its current state, Anet would never be able to pull that off. It's just that GW2 pvp balance is fubar unfortunately.

@Tycura.1982 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:looks at Stronghold...... Answers poll.

I take my answer back

Too late! :D

But for real though. I just imagine Smite with Guildwars2 combat and graphics. I think Smites combat system is crap tbh.

As far as stronghold...I don’t think it’s a fair indicator of how a dedicated Gw2 moba would be. There’s no support whatsoever for the game mode, The game already had a plethora of balance issues before and during stronghold release, there was no info on how to actually play the gamemode, and without a separate client it pretty much relies on already existing Gw2 players to stumble onto it. If you were new to the game, you would have no idea stronghold even existed aside from the little checkmark in the Spvp queuing client.

Ive been PvPing and playing since release and I still don’t understand 100% what the hell is going on in stronghold.

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:looks at Stronghold...... Answers poll.

I take my answer back

Too late! :D

But for real though. I just imagine Smite with Guildwars2 combat and graphics. I think Smites combat system is kitten tbh.

Smite feels pretty close to me to gw2 combat wise apart from 0 dodges, having to aim everything manually and lack of the cheese like perma invis 1 shot combos, clones and other bs.I mean after all one is esport game, the other one tried and failed hard. I still hate Hirez tho