NA WvW is in freefall

Caysadia.7405

If you are a wvw player why would you leave for ff14? The pvp is hot garbage and is actually pretty dead. Maybe just giving up on the mode as a whole? Classic wow has TM vs SS but still has the bad balance that is here. You will at least not have false hope though, ret and boomkin will be hot garbage and will not be fixed. I agree that anet has kind of put there hands up and said screw it a while ago with wvw but what other games have wvw like stuff going on?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@timetopat.7921 said:If you are a wvw player why would you leave for ff14? The pvp is hot garbage and is actually pretty dead. Maybe just giving up on the mode as a whole? Classic wow has TM vs SS but still has the bad balance that is here. You will at least not have false hope though, ret and boomkin will be hot garbage and will not be fixed. I agree that anet has kind of put there hands up and said screw it a while ago with wvw but what other games have wvw like stuff going on?

Lots of good stuff out there if you look for it. So many great entertainment options and they're everywhere. And there is zero reason to support ANET (or BG) in this failure.

I would suggest everyone boycott WvW until ANET gets a clue, but it looks like that is already being done. People are leaving because ANET obviously doesn't care and BG is the proof. WvW keeps getting worse, not better.

Why anyone would stick around for this pathetic garbage is the real question.

@Grim West.3194 said:

@timetopat.7921 said:If you are a wvw player why would you leave for ff14? The pvp is hot garbage and is actually pretty dead. Maybe just giving up on the mode as a whole? Classic wow has TM vs SS but still has the bad balance that is here. You will at least not have false hope though, ret and boomkin will be hot garbage and will not be fixed. I agree that anet has kind of put there hands up and said screw it a while ago with wvw but what other games have wvw like stuff going on?

Lots of good stuff out there if you look for it. So many great entertainment options and they're everywhere. And there is zero reason to support BG or ANET in this failure.

I would suggest everyone boycott WvW until ANET gets a clue, but it looks like that is already being done. People are leaving because ANET obviously doesn't care and BG is the proof. WvW keeps getting worse, not better.

Can you list some of the better options? I agree about BG but what are the better games?

@timetopat.7921 said:

Lots of good stuff out there if you look for it. So many great entertainment options and they're everywhere. And there is zero reason to support BG or ANET in this failure.

Can you list some of the better options? I agree about BG but what are the better games?

"Better" is subjective and I play a lot of games. My tastes won't be yours. But everything from FFXIV, to ESO, to Black Desert, etc are all really good mmos. Warframe is hella fun, played a lot of Blade and Soul for a while. Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, etc etc etc. There are so many great ways to waste your time. It's really up to you to search things out.

RvR options are definitely limited and that is why so many of us stuck around for so long. But that just gave ANET an excuse to abuse us and take advantage. But now we seem to be fed up at the same time and are giving up on ANET's empty promises. I truly would love for ANET to fix things, but after all of this time and all the stupid that keeps happening, does anyone honestly think it will get any better?

Time to cut the ties to this game. Actually, it's long overdue.

@Grim West.3194 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:tbh its mostly the players fault. yes, there are zergy servers and off hours shenanigans. the locust swarm and whatnot. i think the biggest factor to players leaving is cuz most pug/ server zerglings are
lazy
and want to get carried. they don't play meta builds, don't push, don't even get on comms. what do you expect? when a zerg loses a fight still no one wants to get coordinated, so the zerg will either try again and fail or pvdoor. then ppl log off.

get off your kitten and contribute to the team.

Nonsense. Most of what's involved is squarely ANet's fault.

They've designed professions/elite specs to prevent a healthy metagame. They're unwilling to make changes to underperformers and unwilling to hard nerf over-performers because of PvE. They isolated and removed small group efficacy from the equation. They punished new/free players with the expansion content/unlocks with WvW mastery mattering so much while in combat. They removed skill expression where applicable, removed most forms of tradeoffs in most builds, and went against their manifesto all the way to the point of reducing visual clarity in gameplay, so far to an extreme as to literally make that an elite spec mechanic.

Almost every update since HoT has systematically dismantled some of the integrity of this game's PvP modes, and nearly none of the important features/QoL stuff asked for since launch has been added. They refuse to redact terrible additions/features. They ignore the community and major players, and favor PvE streamer feedback for the mode more than WvW leadership.

We're just seeing private squads... almost 7 years later.

I'm usually willing to point out how aspects of games are bad due to their respective communities. GW2's PvP/WvW scenes failed solely because of ANet's poor decision-making and blatant unwillingness to allow it to flourish.

I fully agree that the base problems are all because of ANET.

But the differences between NA and EU highlight what can happen when a group of selfish players overstack a server to the point where everyone just leaves the game.

BG players have destroyed NA WvW. They are the festering boil that everyone avoids. When you get a group of people together who all think it's ok to cheat and game the system then bad things always happen. BG players gamed the system so much that they have tipped the scale to the point it isn't fixable. At least in EU there is still some competition.

Many of us have given up on NA. If I play WvW at all it's on my EU alt account. A whole lot of my friends are doing the same. NA is dead. BG killed it.

This isn't an issue of overstacking; they're not overstacked anymore. One can clearly stand on any side of the match-up and look across at each server and see they have less numbers. This is abundantly evident on both reset and over the weekend. The players that play, happen to play a lot and you'll often see the same set of players and commanders running for hours on end. The other servers don't do this. They log on at reset, over the weekend, and maybe once or twice over the course of the week, then call it a day. This isn't a numbers/over-stacking problem; it's a playtime/player problem as these players generally refuse to play outside their raid times.

Again, if you've got say 250 players that play all week, and 500 that only like to play on the weekend.. whose problem is it? The 250 who play a bunch, or the 500 who play very sporadically (likely because they want to be carried in big groups and don't want to do anything small scale)? It's not an Anet problem.

I've got most of these commanders on my friend's list, I can see when they're on. You bet they are on, on the weekend, but rarely are they (or their guildies) during the week. You may see some of them pop on some point during the week. On BG's side, I see their commanders on almost every day, and thus, players come together. These same players that are grossly outnumbered on reset and usually throughout the weekend. I've seen people admit that BG can only be matched on the weekend, so obviously the numbers are there at that time, so where on earth do they vanish to say from sun-thurs?

Numbers aren't a problem, players refusal to play is.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:tbh its mostly the players fault. yes, there are zergy servers and off hours shenanigans. the locust swarm and whatnot. i think the biggest factor to players leaving is cuz most pug/ server zerglings are
lazy
and want to get carried. they don't play meta builds, don't push, don't even get on comms. what do you expect? when a zerg loses a fight still no one wants to get coordinated, so the zerg will either try again and fail or pvdoor. then ppl log off.

Nonsense. Most of what's involved is squarely ANet's fault.

They've designed professions/elite specs to prevent a healthy metagame. They're unwilling to make changes to underperformers and unwilling to hard nerf over-performers because of PvE. They isolated and removed small group efficacy from the equation. They punished new/free players with the expansion content/unlocks with WvW mastery mattering so much while in combat. They removed skill expression where applicable, removed most forms of tradeoffs in most builds, and went against their manifesto all the way to the point of reducing visual clarity in gameplay, so far to an extreme as to literally make that an elite spec mechanic.

Almost every update since HoT has systematically dismantled some of the integrity of this game's PvP modes, and nearly none of the important features/QoL stuff asked for since launch has been added. They refuse to redact terrible additions/features. They ignore the community and major players, and favor PvE streamer feedback for the mode more than WvW leadership.

We're just seeing private squads... almost 7 years later.

I'm usually willing to point out how aspects of games are bad due to their respective communities. GW2's PvP/WvW scenes failed solely because of ANet's poor decision-making and blatant unwillingness to allow it to flourish.

I fully agree that the base problems are all because of ANET.

But the differences between NA and EU highlight what can happen when a group of selfish players overstack a server to the point where everyone just leaves the game.

BG players have destroyed NA WvW. They are the festering boil that everyone avoids. When you get a group of people together who all think it's ok to cheat and game the system then bad things always happen. BG players gamed the system so much that they have tipped the scale to the point it isn't fixable. At least in EU there is still some competition.

Many of us have given up on NA. If I play WvW at all it's on my EU alt account. A whole lot of my friends are doing the same. NA is dead. BG killed it.

This isn't an issue of overstacking; they're not overstacked anymore. One can clearly stand on any side of the match-up and look across at each server and see they have less numbers. This is abundantly evident on both reset and over the weekend. The players that play, happen to play a lot and you'll often see the same set of players and commanders running for hours on end. The other servers don't do this. They log on at reset, over the weekend, and maybe once or twice over the course of the week, then call it a day. This isn't a numbers/over-stacking problem; it's a playtime/player problem as these players generally refuse to play outside their raid times.

Again, if you've got say 250 players that play all week, and 500 that only like to play on the weekend.. whose problem is it? The 250 who play a bunch, or the 500 who play very sporadically (likely because they want to be carried in big groups and don't want to do anything small scale)? It's not an Anet problem.

I've got most of these commanders on my friend's list, I can see when they're on. You bet they are on, on the weekend, but rarely are they (or their guildies) during the week. You may see some of them pop on some point during the week. On BG's side, I see their commanders on almost every day, and thus, players come together. These same players that are grossly outnumbered on reset and usually throughout the weekend. I've seen people admit that BG can only be matched on the weekend, so obviously the numbers are there at that time, so where on earth do they vanish to say from sun-thurs?

"Players refusing to play" an overstacked bandwagon server. Lol. That is bad why?

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

Players don't play it all week long because nowadays that is boring. Much like the actual competition in T1 is a bit too lopsided. BG does an excellent job defending any key strategic objectives, like anything in their corner of each map. The 2nd place server knows this from week after week of fighting them, and instead of trying to capture and destroy these objectives 2nd place usually picks on 3rd, which is one of the reasons BG has players talking about always having outmanned pips in enemy borderlands, because they have a group or so of people roaming and watching their corner while the other two servers punch each others face in. The moment that fire keep in desert starts getting attacked though BG responds and quickly. It's amazing how efficient they are at doing that, but the problem is nobody cares about playing that way anymore. There is just no reason to try and rally a server to want to win all the time, because there's no real point.

When there is no point to winning, playing is just for fun, if playing for more than 3 hours is no fun...could you blame people for wanting to do something else? Oh and zergs and their meta comps is the most boring of all, but that's my opinion, small groups FOR LIFE

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:tbh its mostly the players fault. yes, there are zergy servers and off hours shenanigans. the locust swarm and whatnot. i think the biggest factor to players leaving is cuz most pug/ server zerglings are lazy and want to get carried. they don't play meta builds, don't push, don't even get on comms. what do you expect? when a zerg loses a fight still no one wants to get coordinated, so the zerg will either try again and fail or pvdoor. then ppl log off.

You forgot the "self-proclaimed" pro players that created this bad environment.1) transfer for "fights" to a realm2) find out that the people you try to fight aren't able to fight you and fight back with siege3) transfer to a new realm and take some of the better players/commanders from the former realm with you4) end up on a server with other fight guilds and roll over everyone in your matchup5) back to 1)

It's not a monocausal issue why WvW is in the state it is. It's the people of all kinds. The karma train people that flooded Blackgate (or any fotm server), it's the so-called server councils that stacked their servers for winning (what winning is there exactly?) and it's the "fight guilds" that only wanted to fight people they knew they could beat instead of fighting a strong opposition and it's Anet letting people transfer so cheap.I mean take a look at the NA realms history. It's all about stacking, karma trains and merging fight guilds on one server until everybody burned out or lost the fun at the game.

e: Not to be mean to NA, because the same happens on EU for a while too. Everybody stacks on WSR and the best way to fight them is to go into hibernation, bore them to death until that bandwaggon (lol fight server) explodes into a million pieces.

@Acheron.4731 said:Two big issues people have with their various servers (mostly all of them) is:Why is nobody in comms? Can we not get organized?Why didn't anyone respond to this t3 tower....I posted it in /t chat for 10minutes?

BG does these things...that is a big reason people enjoy playing there...it is just less frustrating.

Ofcourse its less frustrating for you guys cos you respond with double their numbers.And on occasions not respond at all if your numbers don't outnumber them.

@gebrechen.5643 said:snips

what you say is true, but blaming something or someone else when you have all the same tools is never going to win any arguments. ppl log off when they continually lose, and I mean lose in a landslide type deal. guess what? I bet half of those who lost aren't comped up or in comms. instead of contributing to the team they either give up or go into casual mode and run off meta off tag meme builds. don't forget i'm only talking about pug zerg vs pug zerg.

@Vlad Filen.8049 said:Even in Eu is the same thing, weird linked servers, the underdogs servers are kinda deads, One commander over the 4 maps .only Alliance and serious rewards will make people play the game mode again

But EU is far far better than NA. BG was the Frankenstein Anet created, they kept other T1 servers closed while encouraging multiple transfer windows to BG, this they continued to do even when they had data on hand showing multiple X (think 5-6X range, i forget now) the population of BG compared to its nearest competitor. Now after so many years, when everyone playing T1 in NA knows BG is still overstacked and hard to fight because of having huge numbers and way better coverage across most time zones, Anet not only keeps giving Bg links, but even went ahead to open up the server.

I do not understand how gems alone can be a factor for wvw servers?Thankfully, the so called devs didnt create a Bg on EU, you will find healthy transfers here(i believe due to this healthy competition the transfers are more on EU than NA). On NA there is no competition, every T1 server (exception being BG ofc) has huge coverage problems and now that people have grown frustrated to a point that they are quiting en masse, there are no fights, since everyone just go to back cap what Bg zerged.Essentially we are now playing EOTM 2.0.

@"gebrechen.5643" said:The last time BG had competition they tanked the matchup. That is what happened every time they had to fight for tier 1. The excuse was the same all the time "We lack people and they outnumber us", etc.

The last time BG had real competition they ran into eotm. Everyone runs, but only BG thinks they're a normal sized server compared to everyone else.

@"Eremes Guile.1480" said:so people are angry at bg because they can't win the PPT game? is PPT even still a thing? do we care about PPT or fights? which one is it?

so what if BG one day falls apart and drop to the bottom tier, will the new t1 champion be hated too? lol

Most people hate BG because of their playstyle. The server that cares the most about PPT is obviously BG...I mean come on. Against BG, you can only get a fight with them if you attack their sieged up, tiered up objectives. At which point they will blob you down with 40+ then never even leave the objective afterward for open field fights. It's the best way to "win" but it's incredibly boring only fighting the "#1 server" when they have every advantage under the sun. Numbers, objective auras, tactivators, siege, etc. With cookie gone, there's not even anybody to fight anymore. Sorry but some BG people seem straight up delusional if they really can't see this.

game is easy. players just make it hard by refusing to learn the mechanics. :/

often i see teams running meta, but not using dodge. or does not avoid the aes and remains standing on them. or worse, back padels. if ppl will backpedal just dodge backwards instead. bleh

and of course there are zergs. i love those. numbers is nom.

players adjust to the invis tag and know they will have to pug tag to def. but as always, if enemy is super many, just let it go and take it back. 10 shouldnt be able to def against 35. but if they do succeed, cheers. thats where the fun is.

also sieges = players need to learn this. well placed counter can make it hard for the attacker. even just a few supply drain.

if your team is always 35+ you can successfully kill anything if your coordinated.

i say play as you want, i lasted this long in wvw by doing just that.

in both na and eu servers ive been in, it pays to find peers. run in minimum of 2. from there it can get fully queued.

back in eu, it was easy to get 50 in squad but not in coms because some are casuals and other guilds running too. so having my daily group of 15 to 20 was enough to handle the 25+ zergs and blobs. you only need a good core to kill the blob, but the problem is when that blob is all experienced, they rarely fall for the baits hehe.

getting 20+ in coms in na is more based on timezone and server. in t4 its few. hence we're in t4 right now.

im also happy there are a few cranky players with me who refuse to run meta. because thru them, we beat the popular builds. i need players who can think for themselves. and i think thats what others need to do too.

some downplay wvw as easy mode. and sometimes it is, but often its not when ur few.

12 to 15 of mine fight off 25+ daily and the fights in waves last hours. it drains. so we often just let a few structures fall and sometimes when the fingers cramp, we just go afk or take easy sentries on other maps and talk about cumin seeds and vials of salts.

we run 12 to 7 or 8 pm server time. at nsp and only thing missing imo is for anet to give us a carrot. the system is there, just give out non reward recognitions.

@Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:4 days into the current matchup, 3 of the 9 matchups(NA + EU) are actually competitive with all 3 servers being close in score, the other 6 are not. This is not likely to change in the next 3 days of the matchups. With 1up 1 down, next week is likely to have less competition in each matchup.

@"Eremes Guile.1480" said:so people are angry at bg because they can't win the PPT game? is PPT even still a thing? do we care about PPT or fights? which one is it?

so what if BG one day falls apart and drop to the bottom tier, will the new t1 champion be hated too? lol

Yeah they will be hated, because to an extent everybody's doing it to try and be the next BG because that's what happens when monkeys see something that works. They'll be hated because now that everyone understands that this is what's ruining the mode, but they all continue to do it and nobody wants to stand back for a moment, exercise some self control and balance servers for the better of the game. Just so we understand that half of this problem is that people know what they're doing- know it's bad, and don't care.

Part of enjoying this mode is being able to build momentum on a more or less even playing field, and after a session feeling, win or lose, that you at least had something to show for the time you spent beside a rise in blood pressure. PPT is one way of going about it. Open field fights is another. Small scale havock is the last. Some people just gravitate to one or another of those and there's nothing wrong with any of them. The trouble comes when none of these are possible because the outcome is generally running out of a border keep to incessantly be somebody's tomato tin because they continue to enjoy an around the clock numbers advantage on just about every map available. And this isn;t even going into any depth about people with alt accounts who leave them parked at border keeps in order to knwo when the weaker realm is attempting anything. Given all that who in their right mind should be expected to be motivated to stick around by that?

So no, it doesn't matter whether it's BG or another stacked server because it shows how fundamentally flawed the transfer system is in this mode. Big laughs and good times for the people stacking, but it's not sustainable. If people don't care about it that's cool too. Plenty of time once the other servers give up for the stackers to set in their fully-upgraded objectives and alternate between crying about the state of the mode and giving each other aids over discord.

Better yet, just do away with everything but Armistice Bastion and allow them to get world experience and bags from attacking target dummies. At least that way they'll be able to "win" twice over playing one-handed.

@SWI.4127 said:

Most people hate BG because of their playstyle. The server that cares the most about PPT is obviously BG...I mean come on. Against BG, you can only get a fight with them if you attack their sieged up, tiered up objectives. At which point they will blob you down with 40+ then never even leave the objective afterward for open field fights. It's the best way to "win" but it's incredibly boring only fighting the "#1 server" when they have every advantage under the sun. Numbers, objective auras, tactivators, siege, etc. With cookie gone, there's not even anybody to fight anymore. Sorry but some BG people seem straight up delusional if they really can't see this.

Again, the commanders largely avoid capping stuff and run around looking for fights (or attack something to draw the enemy group to them or to the map). The problem seems to be that unless the player is part of a guild that runs with their commander (usually the weekend and occasionally) during the week, a "pug" player will look at WvW as largely empty or outnumbered (unless they are on BG). This isn't BG's fault, this is the fault of the players, guilds, and their commanders that refuse to play.

So if a player looks over at BG and thinks "wow that's a large group, way larger than what we have at the moment; they are typically blobbing and overstacked" The question now becomes, where are all those players and commanders that play on the weekend that grossly outnumber BG? How about instead of complaining about BG being overstacked (when they actually have less numbers than the other server in T1, plus a couple that routinely rotate up), instead, when these commanders and all those guildies pop on the weekend, give them the 3rd degree and tell them that they are the problem, and the reason why BG keeps winning. Tell them they are the core issue with their lackluster playtime. Tell them to stop complaining, get off their butts, log on and do something about it during the week. Instead of playing only on the weekend, blobbing the other servers down when they don't even have half as many on. Then running or logging off when they get any type of competition.

If that fails, collectively you guys should be bullying these guilds and commanders off your server so it'll open up so perhaps you might get some players that will actually play regularly instead of 2x per week. It'd also help if these "fight guilds" stopped server hopping, as all they're doing is destroying each server they come across, then complain that BG is problem, when in actuality it's them wrecking it for everybody else.

@SWI.4127 said:

BG never open field fights? LOL

@Eremes Guile.1480 said:

@"SWI.4127" said:

BG never open field fights? LOL

The guy you're quoting is 100% right though.BG only "open fields" near t3 objectives where they have siege on walls and objective auras.Oh and of course numbers advantage. The full 2 months when we were hardstuck in T1 (a few months ago), only time we'd ever get a real open field fight is when BG has more numbers...

That is precisely why no one wants to deal with BG.

I really wish we had a week with no ACs, BG would drop out of T1 in a heart beat cause they wouldn't be able to hold any objective.