Things that 100% make WvW unfun atm

Riba.3271

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2...can't really argue. The current metabuild is just permaboon. Permaboon! Permaboon! Permaboon. Just keep your boons up, and you can go glass cannon and ...never really DIE...your shielded, you reflect, you have soooo many buffs that nothing can really hurt you, even against 4...5....6 enemy hitting you all at the same time.....

4 Used to have scouts, until some very messy events occurred. The watchtowers actually helped, when the servers started losing their scouts one by one. :) ALTHOUGH, I did love No White Swords Wintersday THAT WAS AWESOME! You all not being able to see...anything, unless you had a scout there. That was epic. I laughed my head off, especially after JQ lost 23 scouts near end of year 2 beginning of year 3. The guilds were forced to place their own guildmates as scouts in towers, keeps, and garrisons. I really do believe that the event was a definite...bonus to tell the truth. It forced the community to actually use live scouts to watch out for enemy forces, and respond. #4 doesn't work, if your server doesn't have a single player that wants to watch a single location. Ever.

Ohhhh and since the Guilds are all running closed squads now, and don't want anyone inside their squads during battle....scouts can no longer get any boons from being tagged as a scout by the Commander any more. :) So, scouting for closed invisible groups is no longer an option. There's nothing in it for the scout. Then again, most scouts used up the majority of their time to sit in one spot with no replacement, using their own resources to build defense with the very real possibility that when the location comes under attack...we have no backup. :( This post makes me sad.

@Threather.9354 said:

1. Defenders advantage is overtuned

2. **Metabuilds are too braindead

3. Desert map

4. Watchtower tactic

5. Siege Generators‐----------------------------------------

6. mountsHow to fix: Delete it, or at least give us the dismount feature you anet talked about ages ago. Most stupid implementation in game since release, 100% chance to avoid fighting in a pvp scenario, ...

Re: Unfun - Logging in to do some time this evening - no visible squads except 1 that wasn't open even for meta-build, discord enabled pugs. Thought I'd get my daily vet but a certain over stacked server has decided to run a comp group over the waiting PVE'rs every night for the last 3!

Sad days indeed for this almost 7yr veteran.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Threather.9354 said:No smart guild will fight another guild within enemy keep.

Only kitten PvE guilds, made up of kitten players won't fight another guild in a keep. (which granted is all of them that still play the game, unless things have miraculously improved),

Yeah they are like I hope we don't run into any resistance lol. Most of them do not even have exotic gear yet so they run into a minstrel guardian and instantly double down but I guess if they get enough together they can kill a keep lord. They mostly are just low budget trolls that got bored of trolling pve event maps so they've moved on to wvw.

What would you think about two teams that dominate tier 2 but cannot ever fight each other either ally or fight and ignore the t1 mess. They would be the only two in the game to fight even and fun. Make them always switch back and forth. If the game had a top server with huge number and I am not saying that it does. How would you incentive a second place "first place loser" to ever fight? How could your ally in a 1.5 server ever go to have enough population to challenge the number two in t1 that wont fight the big dog? Throw us a bone and make first loser in t1 get a fight. T1 blob will never fight alone. Make T1 second place fight for second with help.They just like the top one, wont fight without numbers buts let try it and see. Let FA and Hod fight for fair fight and then winner try whoever is BG second? If we cant take out that other server, combine us and let us have a hit at BG before you reopen their links server again.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Well done @Slick.7164 making this into a matchup thread.. just needed to pop that in here..

People and their hate ‘__’ posts...

Blackgate. /thread.

D:

This was a match-up thread awhile ago. What's more concerning is that Anet hasn't closed it yet.. like they don't even bother to look at the WvW forums anymore lol

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Well done @Slick.7164 making this into a matchup thread.. just needed to pop that in here..

People and their hate ‘__’ posts...

Blackgate. /thread.

D:

This was a match-up thread awhile ago. What's more concerning is that Anet hasn't closed it yet.. like they don't even bother to look at the WvW forums anymore lol

Nah they shouldnt close the thread. Just delete some comments.

Also mentioning actions of certain servers isnt always matchup related, but rather state of WvW. If there are ways to play the game that break it, not just hacks and bugs that single players can abuse, ANET should aim to fix it. Its similar to how they nerfed banners because groups were abusing them. By mentioning a server can mean that actions done in unity of 99% of the commanders on that server is causing some part of WvW to malfunction.

BB will always be part of discussions about nightcapping (that they fixed with scoring system), bg overstacking and wsr (or any overstacked bandvagoner server) ebcamping (which they partly fixed by addingback 2 alpine maps)

@Threather.9354 said:Nah FB/scourge is a must. So is superspeed (scrapper usually). This is talking about any group that is above 10 people. Obviously you want to have some spellbreakers and revs too.

I do believe that existance of guardians and scourges is necessary for WvW group fights to work (stab/mid range boon removal), so I don't mind too much about their necessity. Just make them have higher skillcap somehow. I recommended making scourges have 3 small shades (so they need to aim better) a must, removing the larger shades option completely.

Anyways 7 classes are really good in WvW, so there really isn't any major group comp issues. Some are just more necessary than others, f/e you want only a few chronos for grav/illusion. Thief/Ranger could use some weapon changes to be viable in WvW groups. Ranger has 0 impactful weapons for WvW groups, thief has 1 (staff). Like 1 necro landing axe/scepter 3 is worth more towards outcome of the battle than what a ranger can do with all the skills on both his weapons. Similar reworks to what happened to guardian shield would be nice; Minor AoE boons/heals, more mobility.

Shades place at 900 and extends to 1200.

Shades should place at 600 and extend to 900 to be a 900 skill.

That will clear-up the counter-play that already exists and make it obvious to everyone.

It will help both longer ranged builds and shorter ranged builds, giving more build variety.

With that, popularity of other classes will grow. Even off-classes like Ranger and Thief, who may need some nips and tucks to appeal in a squad but already have the tools to shine in a separate party built around their strengths (hit-and-run burst damage), will benefit. It's easier to play eg., a staff DD if you have to crush a shorter distance between restealths, like shadow stepping out of the shade spam, for example.

The most unfun thing in WVW currently are these overtuned healing/support classes. Less people complain about them since nobody gets killed by them (hence why they've been almost untouched by Anet), but they absolutely kill small scale imo. It's pointless to fight a group evenly if they have a support bunker and still equally pointless if you have on your side because it turns into a stalemate.

hide burst down warclaw mount pounce. this my friend is the most op combination for now. in your group of 10 2 remains not in combat and if enemy got down, they mount up and kill.

now players want to nerf healers and others and damage. :/ you gotta help your driver out. his tactics may be a bit ancient.