New Legendary Runes/Sigils alongside a Community Event

Stabilizing Matrices are sold in large numbers on the trading post. Globs of Dark Matter and Fulgurite cannot be. Just because you happen to have lots doesn't mean they are an appropriate currency for legendary upgrades. Given your own stock of Globs of Dark Matter you could make 4 Runes or Sigils.

This is the only thing I find remotely reasonable in your litany of ridiculous responses. Yes, my suggested materials are account bound compared to the tradeable Stabilizng Matrices. I'm not sure if you've addressed how that in itself could be a problem. Also, I am not in favour of myself or most people having enough stock of Globs of Dark Matter to make a full set on Day 1. These are Legendary stuff, they shouldn't be easy to make.

No, because they don't all require, for example, 75 globs of dark matter or large numbers of other account bound materials (some of which are locked behind HoT).

Just the fact that you can say that and forget that Mystic Clovers, which you need 77 of, are account-bound and that all those Legendaries I mentioned are locked behind expansions show that you have no idea what you're talking about. (And don't start with the: "But you can buy the stuff that makes Mystic Clovers" argument. You can buy exotics and salvaging tools to get the Dark Matter too.)The ONLY Legendaries that an account without access to expansions can make are Gen 1 weapons, WvW and PvE Legendary Armor, Warbringer and Ascension (I suspect Ad Infinitum requires a Fractal Mastery before you can buy some of the required ingredients).

Requiring people to get, for example, 1,500 Fulgurite for a set of runes would simply prevent them from being able to make them if they don't own or haven't extensively farmed HoT. This is a simple statement of fact.

This is how insane you sound: "Requiring people to get 7,880 WvW Skirmish Tickets for a set of Legendary Armor would simply prevent them from being able to make them if they haven't extensively farmed WvW. This is a simple statement of fact." I won't address the issue of expansion ownership again as I've already done so in the previous point.

If you want to believe that a legendary rune or sigil should require the same amount of effort as a legendary weapon then by all means, believe that, I do not agree.

No, I don't believe Legendary Upgrades should require the same amount as other Legendaries, and neither do I believe Legendary Upgrades should be infantilized like the way you're suggesting by setting the effort required below what befits a Legendary under the pretext of "accessibility".

@"Sylum.1806" said:

Stabilizing Matrices are sold in large numbers on the trading post. Globs of Dark Matter and Fulgurite cannot be. Just because you happen to have lots doesn't mean they are an appropriate currency for legendary upgrades. Given your own stock of Globs of Dark Matter you could make 4 Runes or Sigils.

This is the only thing I find remotely reasonable in your litany of ridiculous responses. Yes, my suggested materials are account bound compared to the tradeable Stabilizng Matrices. I'm not sure if you've addressed how that in itself could be a problem. Also, I am not in favour of myself or most people having enough stock of Globs of Dark Matter to make a full set on Day 1. These are Legendary stuff, they shouldn't be easy to make.

This is not a problem, it gives people who run fractals something to do with the items they get from doing so. I don't know why you think the "problems" you see are real problems. It doesn't matter if people have thousands of some account bound items like Fulgurite, if they're not used and not traded, they're largely irrelevant to the economy. The only time they're relevant to the economy is when the lack of them prevents someone using up something that is tradeable.

They only way they could prevent people from making these on day one is by introducing new, time-gated or account bound materials. They are introducing new materials but we don't know how they're acquired or if they can be traded.

No, because they don't all require, for example, 75 globs of dark matter or large numbers of other account bound materials (some of which are locked behind HoT).

Just the fact that you can say that and forget that Mystic Clovers, which you need 77 of, are account-bound and that all those Legendaries I mentioned are locked behind expansions show that you have no idea what you're talking about. (And don't start with the: "But you can buy the stuff that makes Mystic Clovers" argument. You can buy exotics and salvaging tools to get the Dark Matter too.)The ONLY Legendaries that an account without access to expansions can make are Gen 1 weapons, WvW and PvE Legendary Armor, Warbringer and Ascension (I suspect Ad Infinitum requires a Fractal Mastery before you can buy some of the required ingredients).

The ONLY Legendaries that an account needs access to expansions for are Gen 2 weapons, raid armour and the current trinkets. Seems about even to me, we'll see what Legendary Upgrade Components require but I suspect they'll only require only core materials.

Also, Raid Armour needs 15 Mystic Clovers per piece, because ArenaNet apparently think that it's not reasonable to require people to sink vast quantities of these materials into 1 part of a set. If the Legendary Upgrades require Mystic Clovers I'd hope it's more like the Armour requirements than the weapon requirements.

There are differences, particularly around supply. From login rewards you get 20 Mystic Coins a month and an option of getting 7 Mystic Clovers from the monthly reward chest. With those two sources combined you get on average about 14 Mystic Clovers a month. You get one guaranteed exotic a month that would get you on average 1 glob a month. So you, and everyone else wanting to make these would be rapidly draining the TP of exotics and driving up the cost of exotics very quickly. Now you may think that that's great and it would be fine at the start but it would would swiftly become an issue that would linger.

Ultimately though, Globs of Dark matter _have _their uses already, and they don't need another sink. If you're not using yours then that's not an issue at all, it's an unused material that doesn't even clog up the trading post.

Requiring people to get, for example, 1,500 Fulgurite for a set of runes would simply prevent them from being able to make them if they don't own or haven't extensively farmed HoT. This is a simple statement of fact.

This is how insane you sound: "Requiring people to get 7,880 WvW Skirmish Tickets for a set of Legendary Armor would simply prevent them from being able to make them if they haven't extensively farmed WvW. This is a simple statement of fact." I won't address the issue of expansion ownership again as I've already done so in the previous point.

WvW armor is the reward for farming WvW. These Legenday Upgrades are not for WvW or HoT rewards. Therefore it is inappropriate to gate them behind HoT. Understand? The fact that have loads of Fulgurite (or the materials to make Fulgurite, I assume your didn't actually make Fulgurite without a reason, it's a waste of time) is irrelevant.

If you want to believe that a legendary rune or sigil should require the same amount of effort as a legendary weapon then by all means, believe that, I do not agree.

No, I don't believe Legendary Upgrades should require the same amount as other Legendaries, and neither do I believe Legendary Upgrades should be infantilized like the way you're suggesting by setting the effort required below what befits a Legendary under the pretext of "accessibility".

I find it funny that you're now trying to climb onto your "legendary equipment should involve legendary effort" high horse when the entire premise of your post was "I have loads of this junk and have no use for it so it so therefore it should be used in legendary upgrades". Where's the noble effort in using the garbage you've accrued over years to craft something new?

Legendary upgrades will sink a lot of materials out of the game because that's what Legendaries do, but you looked around your bank and posted nonsensical suggestions of stuff to tack onto that list and are now trying to turn it into some sort of moral crusade.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Akari Storm.6809 said:-In addition to the stat swapping they could have added something. Anything. Example: 1 legendary rune activates a 7th bonus slot on legendary runes, an enrichment %, each additional legendary rune increases %. Don't have to make a selectable enrichment, make it all of them like an in armor hero banner that does amulet infusion type enrichments.-As far as sigils, could do the same thing minus having to have a set to activate, just a stand alone.

-Legendary Armor and Items could have been that way also, but does make more sense with how runes are. example though, like aurora and vision, 6 pieces of legendary armor activate an additional box drop from mobs or give selected materiel drops like cores or lodestones or gems or something.

Could have done something more with bonuses, keeping with no stat increases all while providing incentive or carrot. They aren't even doing anything with account bonuses. Account bonuses should be low hanging fruit for a horizontally progressed game.

How to cause problems in your mmoLock stat upgrades behind stupidly expensive gear

I dont think you understand how much your proposal goes against anets core vision for the game.

Their goal was to bring people together not rip them apart.Making an or several expensive exclusive stat increases behind items like these encourages end game segregation.

Imagine going to raid or fractal t4 and being told no because you dont have legendary armor/ weapons / and runes....... or are missing one of the three.

No thanks... i dont support your ideas.

Reading Rainbow, just take a look, it's in a book....yada yada yada. Look closer at what I said. I'm not suggesting stat increases to power/condi/vit/prec/ or anything like that. I'm suggesting increases to stuff like what enrichments do. You know, reward track increases, wvw xp increases, magic find, karma find, gold find, xp find or something new that drops a bag or materials. Do people segregate now with the way amulets work? No.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Akari Storm.6809 said:-In addition to the stat swapping they could have added something. Anything. Example: 1 legendary rune activates a 7th bonus slot on legendary runes, an enrichment %, each additional legendary rune increases %. Don't have to make a selectable enrichment, make it all of them like an in armor hero banner that does amulet infusion type enrichments.-As far as sigils, could do the same thing minus having to have a set to activate, just a stand alone.

-Legendary Armor and Items could have been that way also, but does make more sense with how runes are. example though, like aurora and vision, 6 pieces of legendary armor activate an additional box drop from mobs or give selected materiel drops like cores or lodestones or gems or something.

Could have done something more with bonuses, keeping with no stat increases all while providing incentive or carrot. They aren't even doing anything with account bonuses. Account bonuses should be low hanging fruit for a horizontally progressed game.

Yeah because hiding stat upgrades behind a few thousands of gold is a great idea for this game.

Well, thousands of gold isn't my problem. I didn't design it that way. Need something to work towards. Besides, they would be bonuses to things no one gives a hoot about, more flavor than anything. Also, if you are a min/maxer...actual stats are locked behind hundreds of gold...agony+stats anyone?

@Akari Storm.6809 said:

How to cause problems in your mmoLock stat upgrades behind stupidly expensive gear

I dont think you understand how much your proposal goes against anets core vision for the game.

Their goal was to bring people together not rip them apart.Making an or several expensive exclusive stat increases behind items like these encourages end game segregation.

Imagine going to raid or fractal t4 and being told no because you dont have legendary armor/ weapons / and runes....... or are missing one of the three.

Reading Rainbow, just take a look, it's in a book....yada yada yada. Look closer at what I said. I'm not suggesting stat increases to power/condi/vit/prec/ or anything like that. I'm suggesting increases to stuff like what enrichments do. You know, reward track increases, wvw xp increases, magic find, karma find, gold find, xp find or something new that drops a bag or materials. Do people segregate now with the way amulets work? No.

Thats not the purpose of runes and sigils so i still dont agree. NoThere are plenty of other sources for the things you listed that everyone can obtain in one method or another with some moderate work.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Thats not the purpose of runes and sigils so i still dont agree. NoThere are plenty of other sources for the things you listed that everyone can obtain in one method or another with some moderate work.

Guess you don't remember magic find gear and luck sigils, sure they removed them and placed magic find mainly onto the account sans the amulet enrichment infusions. The purpose of runes and sigils is anything they want them to be. It doesn't or didn't have to be anything I listed. Could have been something new. Not my job to come up with the fun stuff. They are altering classes for their new found flavor philosophy, could have delved into something fun here with runes and sigils instead of offering almost nothing really. Possibly won't even add convenience or a dent in the pockets worth losing.

If legendary runes would have, let's say 5 new runeset combinations, then they might actually be somewhat useful.

Changing runestats manually (no templates) takes more time to switch than exotics in legendary armor for example. Imo no player will craft those runes/sigils, who doesn't have legendary equipment already. There is just no point.

Also the costs are a complete joke. If people still waste money on this okay, they probably have too much gold anyway. But 6 runes being more expensive than a full legendary armorset? That free inventory space will make it worth it, sure jan.

@Akari Storm.6809 said:

Guess you don't remember magic find gear and luck sigils, sure they removed them and placed magic find mainly onto the account sans the amulet enrichment infusions.

Possibly because it was not the purpose of them? Where are you trying to go with this by pointing out that they were removed just allows me to counter argue with the exact same statement.

The purpose of runes and sigils is anything they want them to be.

this also means they wont be anything they dont want them to be.

It doesn't or didn't have to be anything I listed. Could have been something new. Not my job to come up with the fun stuff. They are altering classes for their new found flavor philosophy, could have delved into something fun here with runes and sigils instead of offering almost nothing really. Possibly won't even add convenience or a dent in the pockets worth losing.

The point is what ever it is regardless of what it is locking behind the requirement of legendary armor + runes and sigils is just not a good idea in general. Regardless of how much gold is required be a a little or a lot you simply dont do things like that. Legendary weapons and armor already provide unique looks and the power to stat swap at any time. While we dont need more bloat glitter added to the game via legendary runes the QoL of being able to swap runes at any time will appeal to a small niche number of people and its possibly being added now for something anet has planned in the future that will hit everyone regardless if they have legendary gear / runes or not. I cant think of any other reason why this would have been added now with such a niche minority who will actually commit to grinding out a full set.

@anbujackson.9564 said:If legendary runes would have, let's say 5 new runeset combinations, then they might actually be somewhat useful.

Changing runestats manually (no templates) takes more time to switch than exotics in legendary armor for example. Imo no player will craft those runes/sigils, who doesn't have legendary equipment already. There is just no point.

Also the costs are a complete joke. If people still waste money on this okay, they probably have too much gold anyway. But 6 runes being more expensive than a full legendary armorset? That free inventory space will make it worth it, sure jan.

Does legendary armor cost include the timegated materials? I think not. You cant make legendary armor in one day, even if you have 30k gold. Be it wvw, pve, pvp.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Nol Fran Shee.1285" said:Drat. Was introduced while I was away at GenCon and my long drive home means I missed the whole event. Why doesn't ANet present at GenCon? I mean 60,000+ people!!!!

The community event was just a materials sink. For every 30 Piles of Lucent Crystal you sold to a vendors you got a Satchel of Loot. A bar filled up until the crafting recipes for Legendary Runes and Sigils were unlocked. That's the entire event. Nothing all that exciting.

The Satchels contained crafting materials with a "Rare" or "Super Rare" chance of getting materials used for crafting Legendary Runes and Sigils. The contents of the Satchels are worth less than the cost of the Lucent Crystals.