Rev's swapping legends

Eugchriss.2046

@sephiroth.4217 said:Because no one likes ele, that's why!

I dunno to be honest... Slightly disappointed it wasn't a nerf legend swapping thread, must admit.

I was actually trying a renegade build based on Perma alacrity and I was kind of disappointed to find out that alacrity doesn't affect legends swap nor weapon swap

@Alatar.7364 said:Because Rev can't swap to 4 different Legends.

can 't say if you re trolling or not:/

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

Having 4 attunmenets affected by both slow and alac vs 2 not affected seems fair to me, not sure what's trollish about that. Only thing I find annoying is that perhaps rev should be able to swap Legends with 1sec CD when swapped outside of combat.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Because no one likes ele, that's why!

I dunno to be honest... Slightly disappointed it wasn't a nerf legend swapping thread, must admit.

I was actually trying a renegade build based on Perma alacrity and I was kind of disappointed to find out that alacrity doesn't affect legends swap nor weapon swap

I would be too lmaoMaybe an oversight?

Complaining about Ele skills being unfair compared to similar skills of other classes? Bro, we dont do that here.

There are more things, for example Natural Frenzy. Rev has similar skill called Precision Strike. One can be casted behind while kiting someone and the other cannot be (but used to do so).

@Alatar.7364 said:

Having 4 attunmenets affected by both slow and alac vs 2 not affected seems fair to me, not sure what's trollish about that. Only thing I find annoying is that perhaps rev should be able to swap Legends with 1sec CD when swapped outside of combat.

it only seems fair because you know that 4 is greater than 2 and because you forgot that amongst all those legends/attunements, only 1 can be slotted at the time (2 for weaver but it 's still the same logic since weaver can t swap 2 attunements at the same time). Since the swapping mechanic is the same and is not related to the number of "thing" to swap, swapping 1 legend/attunements at time, rev and ele's swapping should both behave the same way.

@Widmo.3186 said:Complaining about Ele skills being unfair compared to similar skills of other classes? Bro, we dont do that here.

God this forum... I don t know what you read and/or how you read it but thank you for participating tho.

@Widmo.3186 said:There are more things, for example Natural Frenzy. Rev has similar skill called Precision Strike. One can be casted behind while kiting someone and the other cannot be (but used to do so). Thats just how life works i guess, its unfair.

I tried to understand what you were saying here but guess what? you re wrong. They might be similar but are slightly different. According to the spec:

Dual Attack. Fire a random volley of ice and earth at your enemies.Strike nearby foes with precision, sending out blades that damage and chill them.The keywords here are "volley of" (sequential vs simultaneous). Something similar to ele's natural Frenzy would be war #3 riffle or thieff #3 pistol/pistol or #4 holo mode.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

it only seems fair because you know that 4 is greater than 2 and because you forgot that amongst all those legends/attunements, only 1 can be slotted at the time (2 for weaver but it 's still the same logic since weaver can t swap 2 attunements at the same time). Since the swapping mechanic is the same and is not related to the number of "thing" to swap,
swapping 1 legend/attunements at time,
rev and ele's swapping should both behave the same way.

I think the point is that an Elementalist that is locked out of one attunement still has two others to switch to, so it's very rare for an elementalist to be stuck on one attunement (they might not be able to go into the attunement they want, but they almost always have something they can swap into). A Revenant that has their off legend in cooldown, though, is stuck.

Revenant is also possibly more dependent on switching than an elementalist is, since legend-swapping is one of their main ways of managing their energy and a revenant without energy is pretty much helpless.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Widmo.3186 said:Complaining about Ele skills being unfair compared to similar skills of other classes? Bro, we dont do that here.

God this forum... I don t know what you read and/or how you read it but thank you for participating tho.

@Widmo.3186 said:There are more things, for example Natural Frenzy. Rev has similar skill called Precision Strike. One can be casted behind while kiting someone and the other cannot be (but used to do so). Thats just how life works i guess, its unfair.

I tried to understand what you were saying here but guess what? you re wrong. They might be similar but are slightly different. According to the spec:

Dual Attack. Fire a random
volley of
ice and earth at your enemies.Strike nearby foes with precision,
sending out blades
that damage and chill them.The keywords here are "volley of" (sequential vs simultaneous). Something similar to ele's natural Frenzy would be war #3 riffle or thieff #3 pistol/pistol or #4 holo mode.

You didnt get the point of my post, but okay. Just dont get everything on the forum too serious.Ofc they are different, lets start with the thing that one is seen as whirl combo finisher, while other as you said is channel volley. I wanted to point out that i dont think we should compare classes even with similar looking mechanics/animations. As someone above already said, ele has 4 elements while rev has 2 legends. Ele, especially Weaver, need to constantly switch through attuns and chill is one of the strongest "weapons" against it but can kinda sustain while revenant would just stand still waiting for his skills, so its pretty much balanced on this side. Oh and why not alacarity? Well, i guess you cant eat a cake and have a cake same time, devs thought this way and left it like that.

EDIT: @down, weaver doesnt choose to, he needs to. If you stay in 1 attun for longer than few seconds, youre 90% times doing it wrong. And constantly doesnt mean instantly, please I said dont take everything directly. Revenant is kinda different story, because it has different playstyle. Im not doing another post because I have no idea where you are going. If rev could manage through legends like ele through attuns why would we have 2 different classes? Im off, hf.

@Widmo.3186 said:

Dual Attack. Fire a random
volley of
ice and earth at your enemies.Strike nearby foes with precision,
sending out blades
that damage and chill them.The keywords here are "volley of" (sequential vs simultaneous). Something similar to ele's natural Frenzy would be war #3 riffle or thieff #3 pistol/pistol or #4 holo mode.

You didnt get the point of my post, but okay. Just dont get everything on the forum too serious.Ofc they are different, lets start with the thing that one is seen as whirl combo finisher, while other as you said is channel volley. I wanted to point out that i dont think we should compare classes even with similar looking mechanics/animations. As someone above already said, ele has 4 elements while rev has 2 legends. Ele, especially Weaver,
need to
constantly switch through attuns and chill is one of the strongest "weapons" against it but can kinda sustain while revenant would just stand still waiting for his skills, so its pretty much balanced on this side.

That's the flaw in your logic. Ele/weaver doesn t needs to but choose to. If they needed to constantly switch between attuns there wouldn t be cd on switching attun. I get your point when you say they need to perma switch, otherwise they would be pretty useless. Same goes for rev here. If rev's swapping cd was as short as ele swapping, rev would perma swap legends to. Both classes don't need to swap legends/attun but choose to according to the circumstances. For some reasons, one is allowed to that more often than the other.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

it only seems fair because you know that 4 is greater than 2 and because you forgot that amongst all those legends/attunements, only 1 can be slotted at the time (2 for weaver but it 's still the same logic since weaver can t swap 2 attunements at the same time). Since the swapping mechanic is the same and is not related to the number of "thing" to swap,
swapping 1 legend/attunements at time,
rev and ele's swapping should both behave the same way.

I think the point is that an Elementalist that is locked out of one attunement still has two others to switch to, so it's very rare for an elementalist to be stuck on one attunement (they might not be able to go into the attunement they
want
, but they almost always have
something
they can swap into). A Revenant that has their off legend in cooldown, though, is stuck.

Revenant is also possibly more dependent on switching than an elementalist is, since legend-swapping is one of their main ways of managing their energy and a revenant without energy is pretty much helpless.

Maybe Anet should add a trait in the invocation traits line which allows the player to choose if he wants his legends to be affected by chill/alacrity.