I guess we will have to wait another week for a scrapper fix?

Warrior Xsr.1672

@MrForz.1953 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:It's unlikely, considering that scrapper is now working as intended.

That is your opinion. Not mine

Easy now, that's sarcasm.

I guess I missed that :) I'm just sick of everything killing me now and have no clue where to go with my setup. It took a long time to get my toon to where it is. I don't craft and don't get any ascended weapon or armor chest drops. It will take me many months to adjust to something else. I refuse to leave my favorite profession. I have run my Engie for 5 years straight. I just feel like I got shafted. :/ The changes they made were too much. :s

Honestly, I wish it was sarcasm. I wish it was just my opinion, too. Rather it is a lamentation. You see, the recent changes that we received to the scrapper line was the fix for scrappers. Anet wanted to nerf bunker and heal scrappers with this change. They accomplished that. Yes, the new traits are terrible in every game mode. Yes, most people don't like the new scrapper traits, myself included.

There's a similar thread on the chrono forum, asking when Anet is going to fix them. The issue is the same there: the new shatters and loss of IP was the fix.

I think that scrapper is in a good place, and only number tweaks remain. I'm sure they're taking statistics on scrapper performance and might hot fix things if it's as bad as everyone says, but I still do fine. I can't say the same for core engineer, which first and foremost needs that turret rework. It's glaringly bad. I hope all this backlash doesn't remove that from the forefront. They can only do so much, and every aspect of engi, including the elite specs, benefits from updated core utilities.

I think the Scrapper changes for the most part are fine. The function gryo could use a little more health or the field it puts out could be bigger (or both). Condition damage should add to the barrier to open up builds. With the loss of 300 vitality the barrier gain for anything other than the most glassy cannon power builds is kinda lackluster. If ANet ever does a kit rework it would be nice to see them sprinkle a few more daze options throughout. Currently there is little reason the take any of the middle traits if you don't run a hammer/shredder gyro combo.

..*cries in condi scrapper

I would probably run core over scrapper at this point, except that I need to use the elite skill slot for sneak gyro. If I was able to trade my elite skill slot for an extra utility skill I might be able to get away with running elixir S instead, but as it is I don't have enough skill slots to make my build work without sneak gyro.

@Matoro.9708 said:... I'm sure they're taking statistics on scrapper performance and might hot fix things if it's as bad as everyone says, but I still do fine.

• I can confidently say that scrapper is once again non-existent in PvE (it was rare before, but had some use as a healer).
  • I have seen one or two scrappers in PvP, but they perform objectively worse than most holo builds. Prot holo is definitely better at tanking. There's probably an exception for drunk engineer, but almost nobody plays it.
  • I don't play WvW, but I hear the nerfs really hurt there.

@Jaruselka.5943 said:

• I don't play WvW, but I hear the nerfs really hurt there.

Anecdotally the nerfs seem to have cut the scrapper population by at least 50% to 60%. Really beat the spec up..Not entirerly true, I still see roughly as many minstrel zerg healbots as before. They where not really affected.

Roaming/random running around though... The drop is almost complete - and scrappers was rare to begin with, compared to holos.

I still run my condi scrapper as main however, because unfortunely I am cursed with apparently being best at it out of all my roamer characters, despite the gutting of the spec.

@Elmo Benchwarmer.3025 said:I sure hope they let Scrapper be and started working on core Engineer.

Aside from purge gyro and superspeed all support skills/traits of support scrappers are core skills/traits.So, I surely hope that medkit, elixir gun, inventions and alchemy stay mostly untouched.

But it would be great to see buffs to damge core traitlines or skills.However these usually just get integrated somehow in Holosmith builds.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Elmo Benchwarmer.3025 said:I sure hope they let Scrapper be and started working on core Engineer.

Aside from purge gyro and superspeed all support skills/traits of support scrappers are core skills/traits.So, I surely hope that medkit, elixir gun, inventions and alchemy stay mostly untouched.

But it would be great to see buffs to damge core traitlines or skills.However these usually just get integrated somehow in Holosmith builds.

I don't see any precedent for what you mentioned to be changed outside of adding synergy to updated utilities, turrets being highly linked to inventions at least originally, for example, so I wouldn't worry. I largely expect core trait lines to be adding more value to core abilities if there is some changes - something I've noticed with all classes is that certain trait lines are not perfectly linked with skill lines - so if you wanted to buff kits for core I guess you could put something in the non meta traits? Would it then become meta? It's tricky.

For example: Firearms offers obvious flamethrower synergy, explosive for bomb/grenade/mortar, alchemy for elixir gun/backpack regenerator - and tools offers the only 'general' buff to the kits. There is not one 'kit traitline'. Buff the skills alone, and you buff every elite that uses them. One solution I can think of is to buff that third core traitline for the core skills that need it (like particularly turrets, gadgets), so that the core engi that took it has turrets that have more ammo or auto repair, etc. and he now has a tangible advantage compared to the holosmith. As well as his F5, and even cooler would be an elite gadget or updated supply crate such that that F5 is really desirable.

The other is just that there are some core skills that just aren't used in any meta builds, like slick shoes, elixir r, every turret other than heal/thumper, and thumper only because of anticorrosion plating + experimental turrets. Then they blow it up. Why give it a 5min uptime? Anyways, rocket boots - could be a ground target, traited utility goggles feels like the elixir U + B combo but worse. Tool kit is terrible at its intended job - the only way it could keep turrets alive in pvp is if it healed 200% per strike, lol.

I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

@revolucion.3864 said:

I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

Seriously buddy, don't waste your time. There is zero evidence that Anet value player feedback.

It's almost heartbreaking to see all the excellent suggestions made by players over the last 6+ years treated with such a dismissive attitude.

The last time an employee of Anet graced us with their presence on this sub-forum was the 29th of March 2018.

Pathetic.

And most of the time they do comment, it's simply to let us know planned changes, not actually take input.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Seriously buddy, don't waste your time. There is zero evidence that Anet value player feedback.

It's almost heartbreaking to see all the excellent suggestions made by players over the last 6+ years treated with such a dismissive attitude.

The last time an employee of Anet graced us with their presence on this sub-forum was the 29th of March 2018.

Pathetic.

And most of the time they do comment, it's simply to let us know planned changes, not actually take input.

usually too late by that point..

@revolucion.3864 said:

Pathetic.

:c I appreciate the reality check, guys. I'm gonna keep that in mind more often. I just wish there was something to do about it. I've heard that they grovel over reddit posts - should I make a burner there begging for dialogue over these issues? Lmao. But you all know better than I that the odds barely exist for success

@Matoro.9708 said:

Pathetic.

:c I appreciate the reality check, guys. I'm gonna keep that in mind more often. I just wish there was something to do about it. I've heard that they grovel over reddit posts - should I make a burner there begging for dialogue over these issues? Lmao. But you all know better than I that the odds barely exist for success

Do it with some kind of sketch, comic, or art. For whatever reason, that trends really high on the GW2 subreddit.