Skyscale rifts . . .

Gop.8713

No, the explorer cheeves aren't back, BUT I did notice something today. I did these a lot back when they were first introduced bc they're a lot of fun but I stopped doing them bc there wasn't really any point to them. Then I hit one today by accident and it gave me a little counter that indicated how many little volatile magic nodes I had left to hit before I got them all. I don't remember that being there before. Does anyone know if it's new . . ?

We don't really know, but yes probably. These rifts were apparently so fatally bugged anet removed the associated cheeves without comment, but left the rifts in the game for us to wonder about. But as near as I can tell other than the cheeves they're just there for the magic, and the little prize at the end which you should usually get when you hit the last rift. It's something small like a mistborn mote. If you're not getting it every time it might be part of the bug, or might not, there is no way for us to know . . .

It's not working 100% reliably. I love these rifts and use them as part of my leveling process now; about nine times out of ten they'll trigger properly the first time, but there's still the one in ten that won't work, so I go back and wait for the rift to respawn and then tag it again. It always works the second time.