How is it that when i play a bad meme build i either destroy, even 1v2, or get destroyed

Anput.4620

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kayowin.9217 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Define meme build? Which ones?

Most meme builds take advantage of being unknown and troll, so newer or casual players have no idea how to fight it, however an experienced player will see it from a mile away and wipe the floor with it. As most of the meme/troll builds actually give up a lot of utility to be the cheese they are, so when fighting someone who knows what they are doing, they are going to easy counter the play. Another side to that is that some of the meme builds have one class that just hard counters them so bad that even a casual on that class can win.

Skip to 2:19

All i did was press 1.

Ive killed so many poeple just by pressing 1, but then the mesmer comes around or the good warrior and i can't beat them with this lol.

That Dragonhunter was running away for half the fight and stood still for most of the second half. Then there was the Thief who also stood still for the entire fight. I think you could have won no matter what build you ran.

Lahmia is spot on.

To the OP:

Those two did little but run away or stand there. The thief press its elite and nothing else? (I think they wanted to give you bags) Even a mediocre thief alone would have erased you since power FF cant put out damage fast enough to barrier offset the thief's damage. I am guessing you are full marauder gear as full glass would have put you around 13-14k health.

Post some of the other fights as FF Juggernaut usually gets destroyed post patch with the barrier change and -300 vit. Also you are losing 5% to 15% damage by using damage dampener vs object in motion.

I am trying to decide if those people from leaf were:
  1. Just really bad at PvP.
  2. too busy distracted by team chat or laughing at you to fight.
  3. or if this is just a troll post...

@Traveller.7496 said:Congratulations, you beat two players who were not fighting back. Kinda like killing someone who is AFK.

I am not saying that i am good for killing them, i am asking why most poeple are trash while few are good with little inbetween. I get a thief that just dies to me easilly and then i get a thief that interrupts everything i do with pistol.

@Ubi.4136 said:

What does spamming 1 with flamethrower counter?

Surprised, dumb, unprepared or low skilled players.

@XenesisII.1540 said:I said some builds, I didn't say yours...But yeah as strider said, surprised dumb unprepared low skill players I guess?

I was pressing AA.

I've killed players from no rank to diamond rank just autoattacking. Not sure if you are just trying to brag or raise your view count on the video.Some people die easily to anything, some are near impossible to kill.End of story.

But why is that? In most PvP games most poeple are middle of the pack, except either bad or good.

@Anput.4620 said:Depenging on the opponent.

There is like no inbetween.

Hmmmmmm.

not many carry multiple gear in item slot. so they're stuck with one build, unlike before when everyone had all weapons in inventory because exo.

but once players have understand that they can alter their gear, like pvp players, they will be more of a challenge.

also changing traits and food is also an option but players realize later rather than sooner.

not a roamer but i do play my zerk guard when i roam. i always do a simple combo of spin ji, leap smite spirit sword 4. 111 so if the person is alive, id split. 2/3 i do get kills but if no, i run away hehe.

same as we do in zerg busting fights, if enemy is weak, we normally just maintain our cele gear. but if they strong, i ask my guys to use their zerker gear. the one thing does not change is minstrel guard. but if enemies are easy, i can tell my guards to relax and use cele/zerk. most of the time my guys troll me anyway and use their own builds. but when its serious time, they use our composition.

also, there are times when we allow the enemy to kill us, simply because there was one moment we were being avoided. we allow them to get a few kills. but when this happens, the pugs lose moral but is ok. its to feed the war machine.

i know others do the same. they allow themselves to be beaten a few times so players wont disappear. and they do trolly stuff just to wet their pallete too.

kd dont matter to a true fight guild imo. and so does ppt. but to a wvw guild it does.

Because this game balance in WvW is non existant.Some classes are several times higher tier than others, meme builds are meme for a reason, because they are sometimes stupidly strong.Your AA does more damage than my fucking berserker rifle or GS, if is see dmg like this i would go afk as well.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:Because this game balance in WvW is non existant.Some classes are several times higher tier than others, meme builds are meme for a reason, because they are sometimes stupidly strong.Your AA does more damage than my kitten berserker rifle or GS, if is see dmg like this i would go afk as well.

So you are saying you would stand in front of it like a potato?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@KelyNeli.4516 said:Because this game balance in WvW is non existant.Some classes are several times higher tier than others, meme builds are meme for a reason, because they are sometimes stupidly strong.Your AA does more damage than my kitten berserker rifle or GS, if is see dmg like this i would go afk as well.

If i see my hp go down by 20k in a mere of 2 seconds, then ff. This game balance is a joke

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

If i see my hp go down by 20k in a mere of 2 seconds, then ff. This game balance is a joke

If I wind up with a Zerker Meteor shower and you stand under it like a potato rooted to the ground, the same thing is gonna happen.....

He is running a power build with a Condi weapon..... these people were wearing blues and were clueless. Don’t blame that on ‘balance’

@Brutal Augus.5917 said:This whole post seems like a weird flex disguised as a question...

How is this a flex, if i killed them with a bad build in a duel sure, i did that vs a Rev, that would be a flex, all i did here was press 1, this was more like killing a PvE mob.

Warrior killed me so.

I do have perma 25 might stab and 5s quickness every 10s tho lol.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:Many people are just there for some kind of reward only WvW can give them. Some don't care to even try to fight back.

I feel like this is most poeple these days sadly, sad mode.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

Please show me where this happened in the linked video, I sure don't see it. He does 7k(ish) dmg to him and hes at 59% health, that means he doesn't even have 20k HP.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Please show me where this happened in the linked video, I sure don't see it. He does 7k(ish) dmg to him and hes at 59% health, that means he doesn't even have 20k HP.

I can do 20k with 3 AA's if i have 25 might which i have permanently a few seconds into a fight.

@Anput.4620 said:

I can do 20k with 3 AA's if i have 25 might which i have permanently a few seconds into a fight.

With that build you can die three seconds sooner than you get to 20 k damage.

You're asking us why is there a big gap between potato and good players, how is anyone suppose to know the exact reason?Are you trying to put down the game mode?Are you trying to put down the balance?Are you trying to flex?There's bad players in every mode, I dunno what answer you're expecting at this point.Make a documentary asking the good and bad players about their build gear and reaction timing I guess?

@Anput.4620 said:

The video you posted proves both of those statements incorrect.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

With that build you can die three seconds sooner than you get to 20 k damage.

I mean i have barriers some toughness boon durration can't be ccd stealth a block a reflect, blindness.

@XenesisII.1540 said:You're asking us why is there a big gap between potato and good players, how is anyone suppose to know the exact reason?Are you trying to put down the game mode?Are you trying to put down the balance?Are you trying to flex?There's bad players in every mode, I dunno what answer you're expecting at this point.Make a documentary asking the good and bad players about their build gear and reaction timing I guess?

I am trying to put down the average playerskill compared to other games.

@Anput.4620 said:I was looking for new information.

I can provide it to you when alliances come out.

But in all seriousness, what is the incentive to do good? What is the consequence for doing bad? I'm not saying there should be any punishments for failure, but overall this is a game where for the most part you can get by without playing well. It doesn't matter that you bring because someone can always carry. At the end of the day if there is no difference, why even bother? Those players died to you 1v2, sure, but that doesn't mean anything. Even in the context of wvw, it doesn't even mean you win. And thus ultimately you are competing against people that aren't even competing with you. Aside from subjective notions that balance is poor thus beating people in 1v1s/1vXs doesn't matter, the game itself doesn't care. I mean you get more participation from killing that warg than you do from a player, don't you?

You ask why people play badly. Well, maybe because they don't need to play any better. They may not want to spend the extra gold and time needed to play in small scale and would rather just use pve gear. Oh btw, it looked like that Dragonhunter was afk and autorunning for the first part of that engage.... Perhaps they were on the phone or distracted?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:What's the actual question?

OP is just trying to push the idea that the game shouldn't enable average players and should cater to highly skilled people in WvW. He doesn't actually have a question, just an agenda. It's simply another fail try to convince people Anet is doing things wrong.

^ the only right answer here ^