[SUGESTION] Should the Anet add wedding system??

jpmc.6278

Anet should make a weddings system, it would make things in my opinion better for Casual and Hardcore Players. Going into a Raid Lobby or to Divinity Reach and seeing an edate couple makes me so sad. It's really discouraging and just makes me wanna have a break from playing the game. I met my wife online through MU Origin (she was my group leader) and after listening to her bark raid orders to me for so many years well eventually a relationship grew from friendship to something more. She moved to me and we just bought our first house together. I don't see this as any different than meeting someone at a bar or whatever, people lie there too. Just a little easier to tell someone's gender! Anyways, I did my eternal bonding ceremony with my best friend though not my wife because of the rings. They are really the best feature. Please think about the people who play the game and don't have any way of express their devotion in it. This is what the game REALLY need at this moment.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain what you're asking for in more detail, for people who haven't played MU Origin? You said the rings are the best feature - do they do anything? Is there any difference to exchanging two tradable rings in GW2?

If players want to have a wedding ceremony, either for their characters or themselves, that's already possible, but I assume you're asking for something more than just getting together with friends and holding a ceremony - presumable some game mechanics that give you a bonus or something as a result of marrying another player?

If you want to rollplay weddings use [Deverol Gardens] in Lion’s Arch. It even has a [Florist] that sells roses

According to an interview with Ree Soesbee, this area was designed to give players a place to hold weddings or other important events.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Deverol_Gardens.jpg

I have never seen anyone using it so perhaps weddings aren’t a feature that’s important to many people.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:If you want to rollplay weddings use [Deverol Gardens] in Lion’s Arch. It even has a [Florist] that sells roses

According to an interview with Ree Soesbee, this area was designed to give players a place to hold weddings or other important events.

I have never seen anyone using it so perhaps weddings aren’t a feature that’s important to many people.

I know a few people who have had role-play weddings for their characters (meaning it's strictly the characters getting married and not the players) and they've chosen to do it in more out of the way places, or (since they were added) in guild halls, because it reduces the risk of random people or trolls jumping around or spamming skills in the middle of the ceremony.

I'd need to marry my alt account, plus a couple other guildies - one female who wears the trousers, and another male who has a smashing body. Actually, there's another guy that I'd need to add in for the insurance. (He's a doctor so he can afford to foot the bill for all of us. His other hobbies are cheap.)

Do you suppose ANet would be up for supporting a 5-way relationship?

Wellllllll. I once played an MMO where you could form a lovers relationship where you had exp boosts, and got lover tokens time to time that could be spent on nice things. Then there was a private chat between the two of you, the Pillow Talk. If we could have a Lovers thing in our Player/LFG window Y that keeps tabs on how long you're together for and rewards anniversaries would be neat. If we had an experience/magic find/karma boost being in party with each other would be neat. Maybe every ___ amount of time the boost goes up a bit more.

If Gw2 was a full on success like WoW with milions & milions of players playing & enjoying the content & the competitiveness.I would say yes to Weddings & alliances by marriage would be good gimmicks to add on. But Gw2 at this point in it's life, is a failure barely keeping players & content creators interested in it that adding on gimmicks just feel's like what it is. A gimmicks. Nothing but a short term tactic to peak up players but never keeps em interested in the long term. So my answer is no... stop spending precious resources on gimmicks & fix your game instead.

I dunno.... something as complicated as some of the current events stuff? or the home instance garden .... a collection and some set of rules... earning a pair of rings that did something silly like a 5% magic buff when within 100 meters of each other or even making said rings visible?Toss it in the gem store..... 800g. Let the people who want the system and others like it pay for it themselves. Give the option of a small icon like the PvP icon that can be toggled?I wouldnt buy it personally, but we get little subsytems and temporary content a couple times a year... I think it's a harmless idea that enough people would buy into... at least enough to cover the cost, if not enough to actually prove or disprove the idea of monetizing other ideas like it.

shrugs... why not?I've heard WAY worse ideas get applause.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@jpmc.6278 said:Please think about the people who play the game and don't have any way of express their devotion in it.

Everyone has a way to express their devotion in game. Chat. Words. Telling someone how much they mean to you.

This is what the game REALLY need at this moment.

Nope.

I Agree, but you're wrong and i tell you why youre wrong without offending you or anyone elses opinion. This is my sincere honest view of these particular subject without condemning you or other people's view of these particular subject I believe, based on my experience it is important to feel sympathetic on other people's opinions. So this is why i disagree with you on these subject because this game could use a wedding system.

@knomslayer.9457 said:

@"jpmc.6278" said:Please think about the people who play the game and don't have any way of express their devotion in it.

Everyone has a way to express their devotion in game. Chat. Words. Telling someone how much they mean to you.

This is what the game REALLY need at this moment.

Nope.

I Agree, but you're wrong and i tell you why youre wrong without offending you or anyone elses opinion. This is my sincere honest view of these particular subject without condemning you or other people's view of these particular subject I believe, based on my experience it is important to feel sympathetic on other people's opinions. So this is why i disagree with you on these subject because this game could use a wedding system.

"Could use," and, "REALLY need," are two very different things.

Nothing you said there contradicts what I said so I do not see how you have told me how I am wrong.

To reiterate:

1) Everyone does have access to a way to express their devotion in game.

2) The game does not, "REALLY need," a wedding system.

Personally I am not opposed to the idea so long as it does not consume resources that would otherwise be spent on playable content and could be effectively monetized.