An (probably terrible idk) idea for Daredevil's F1

Tabootrinket.2631

Right now not only is Daredevil's F1 just plainly a nerfed version of steal, but it is also just... plain.

I have an idea that would (in my mind) thematically fit the specialization more.

What about giving back its range, and instead of it being an insta-port on the opponent, making it some kind of giant accrobatic vault (with damage that scales with the distance)?

1) We would keep our gap-closer

2) It would be predictable (I mean some dude/dudette doing an anime jumping attack on you kind of stands out a bit)

I had suggested awhile ago for a gap closer with similar functionality for Death Blossom. I like your idea for something like that, but not for one of the Steal versions.

People have combos with Steal depending on their plan and the drawback of a slower more telegraphed gap-closer could be compounded by being stand alone and killing what is often the play that can flip a fight.

Thematically correct? Well, I think it shouldn't be some kind of "steal" that grants you a random skill.Stealing is for thieves. Daredevil is something different. I think this should work as a teleport to the enemy, but it would grant you one charge of a specific skill — which depends on what weapon you have. New skill would dissapear if "swiped" target die or Swipe is recharged.Staff — Bash your foe (1s stun).Dagger — Stab your foe inflicting poison and weakness.Sword — Slash your foe and make it vulnerable.Pistol — Shot your foe straight to the heart (deal more damage if your target has less than 50% hp).Shorbow — Plant an explosive charge on your foe. Explosion will inflict blind and cripple.

I really like the idea of there being a vault/evade instead of a port. This came up in another thread, but it's worth supporting here too.

Also, something else they could do to make it more interesting would be to change steal so that it no longer grants a stolen ability and instead steals endurance from the target. Maybe the target loses a quarter of their endurance and you gain a quarter of yours (bigger gain for daredevil, but at least it's not overpowered punishing to targetted enemies).

Oh please don't. All the ideas in this thread so far will only make things worse.

Swipe, as implied by the name, should knock the target down. That's all it needs.

This way stealing will be a good interrupt (+CC) and in case Sleight is also taken, KD will override Daze (obviously KD is better than Daze).

If they intend DD to be dominate melee range, then we should have all the tools we need during melee engagement.

Gap closer is only useful to close gap and that's it. Unless you intend to constantly disengage, that mechanic is useless during a fight.

If you like to disengage, then perhaps DD is not the build for you. Core build specializes on engage/disengage and will offer better choices for that playstyle.

TL;DR: Add KD to Swipe. That is all.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Oh please don't. All the ideas in this thread so far will only make things worse.

Swipe, as implied by the name, should knock the target down. That's all it needs.

This way stealing will be a good interrupt (+CC) and in case Sleight is also taken, KD will override Daze (obviously KD is better than Daze).

If they intend DD to be dominate melee range, then we should have all the tools we need during melee engagement.

Gap closer is only useful to close gap and that's it. Unless you intend to constantly disengage, that mechanic is useless during a fight.

If you like to disengage, then perhaps DD is not the build for you. Core build specializes on engage/disengage and will offer better choices for that playstyle.

True

• Confused 1

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Oh please don't. All the ideas in this thread so far will only make things worse.

I'm no expert at all, but isn't an insta-cast unblockable knock down a bit too much ?

@Tabootrinket.2631 said:

I'm no expert at all, but isn't an insta-cast unblockable knock down a bit too much ?

It's a trade-off for half the range nerf.