What are the chances a date for Alliances release is given during the August 30th live event

Strider Pj.2193

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Mist Lords weapons, wanna know something funny?You don't need to get the hero weapons from the reward track, or open an exotic obsidian weapon box, to unlock them first. I can't tell if that's to make it easier for newer accounts to get ascended weapons in wvw, or if they getting lazy with the process.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Speaking of Mist Lords weapons, wanna know something funny?You don't need to get the hero weapons from the reward track, or open an exotic obsidian weapon box, to unlock them first. I can't tell if that's to make it easier for newer accounts to get ascended weapons in wvw, or if they getting lazy with the process.

Likely it’s the latter.

The former would take forethought.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if on the 30th August they announce that WvW/PvP game modes are being scrapped completely as not enough playerbase are using them.

After all its been so long now, id doubt if they are actively working on anything WvW related.

Would that mean they could un-kitten Mesmer, Thief and Engineer?

@XenesisII.1540 said:Speaking of Mist Lords weapons, wanna know something funny?You don't need to get the hero weapons from the reward track, or open an exotic obsidian weapon box, to unlock them first. I can't tell if that's to make it easier for newer accounts to get ascended weapons in wvw, or if they getting lazy with the process.

If you've already previously unlocked those, there is no need, you can straight away purchase. For those that have not done the track at all, and the others, I think you still need to unlock. I will double check later.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

If you've already previously unlocked those, there is no need, you can straight away purchase. For those that have not done the track at all, and the others, I think you still need to unlock. I will double check later.

I already checked... that's why I brought it up...That set does not require a pre unlock from reward track or buying exotics, unlike the two other weapon sets and all the armor. I still have like 4 hero weapons I haven't unlocked, and yet the entire Mist Lord set is unlocked. Not that I'm complaining, my alt account can now just skip pre's.... even though I just finished getting the 4 ascended weapons I needed last night... but that's besides the point. XD

Im expecting them to just leave it as is with no further development; I highly doubt they even care about it at this point or have any plans/resources going toward it as to them it wouldn't be worth it. Like anything else it, I mean why bother that part of the community is already unhappy and leaving and are "Toxic" so why not let it burn right? PvE will save the day! Probs gonna double down on raiding as it seems like they have more love for that than anything outside of Open world pve.

Honestly might be good they get out of the market before all the other RvR games come smashing in and clobber them; I mean there are a lot of them coming on the horizon as newer mmo's stray from PvE. So perhaps guild wars 2 and A-net know they can't compete because they have no desire to do what needs to be done, or pump the resources in to revive it. Either way I have no hope, faith or trust that anything other than a Living world announcement will be made with a trailer and more talk of build templates and then them maybe talking about more shiny disco ball auras. (At best.)

@"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:The announcement is going to be about build templates, they scrapped alliances, and they are taking away any good meta class we have for wvw...

Don't forget corgi - they have somehow managed to find a way to put corgi into the lore, so we are getting corgi mount.Joking aside, it will probably be templates and just living story stuff, I don't think it will be anything beyond that really, unless it's more talking about systems that "may" come in the future. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to dye backpacks, legendaries armor and weapons. That is a long shot though.

The "expansion level content" line has already been used several times in the past by Anet. Basically it means that they are releasing a minor patch, but need to make it seem like it's much more than it is in order to distract from some release by one of their competitors, in this case the release of WoW Classic. You can look through GW2 update history and see that every time a competing game such as Archeage or a WoW expansion releases, there is always some "feature pack" or "systems overhaul" that is going to come out around the same time which contains "an expansions worth of content". It's pretty sad at this point.

For WvW we are proud to announce that DBL vertical design, objective isolation and movement gimmicks removed, server lag eliminated, world populations rebalanced, migration controls added, meaningful rewards added for winning matchups, a matchup comeback mechanism added, profession balancing separated from PvE, vertical progression removed, guild WvW upgrades only require WvW currency, and incentives for public commanding introduced.

Sorry, something wrong the teleprompter…

But look! A white unicorn mount skin in gem store!!!

The results to this poll are both hilarious and kinda sad.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:The announcement is going to be about build templates, they scrapped alliances, and they are taking away any good meta class we have for wvw...

Don't forget corgi - they have somehow managed to find a way to put corgi into the lore, so we are getting corgi mount.Joking aside, it will probably be templates and just living story stuff, I don't think it will be anything beyond that really, unless it's more talking about systems that "may" come in the future. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to dye backpacks, legendaries armor and weapons. That is a long shot though.

I would actually pay for a realistically proportioned corgi mount, then put the largest, fattest norn staff daredevil on it. It would be beautiful.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:The results to this poll are both hilarious and kinda sad.

I would actually pay for a realistically proportioned corgi mount, then put the largest, fattest norn staff daredevil on it. It would be beautiful.

I mean, it’s a small and likely biased sample size of course but yeah....

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if on the 30th August they announce that WvW/PvP game modes are being scrapped completely as not enough playerbase are using them.

After all its been so long now, id doubt if they are actively working on anything WvW related.

And then, who is fault of this lack of playerbase?

Let me think a moment...

.... oh, we have a winner: ARENANET!!

Btw, zero chances. Clearly devs are lost in some forest, trying to escape of the rage from the WvW players who bought the smoke and will feel angry when realizing the truth.