I just saw this posted on Reddit, we need more of this ingame.

They have indeed announced it on forums (in game events) and on reddit. They are on the EU servers. There is also a music guild on NA servers called Musician's Guild of Tyria. Check out youtube for footage of both, they are really good. For cmaj I know that you can find them regularly at Minstrel's Waypoint, Divinity Reach but I have also spotted them in Lions Arch.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@"mindcircus.1506" said:"we need more of this ingame"So organize something.

I cant play anything, i dont have an instrument anyway. Plus im a nobody what am i going to organize?

I dont understand why some posters are upset at me for posting this video. Not very friendly at all

No one is upset.Just saying instead of making the call for others to make something happen you should take it upon yourself to do so.These people didn't make an event because they are "somebody"... they made it because they enjoy it.There's absolutely no reason you cannot organize something yourself.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@jinxykat.6519 said:Beautiful. :D

I think so also. I love things like this about gw2.

As do i. To those suggesting the OP start something like this, sadly, we do not all have the time to organize events like this on a massive scale (or even a small one) but appreciate the time, energy and talent it requires when others do. By far the best gaming community out there. (that is not to say we don't have our issues, but by and large fantastic people.)

I'm glad that so many people attended and enjoyed Cmaj's fifth anniversary concert. Unfortunately the map shard got so crowded that evening that quite a few people couldn't make it to that main event, so some of us Cmaj held a separate, simultaneous small-scale concert for the folks in the overflow to provide them with some entertainment too. Everyone had a good time both in the concert(s) and in the afterparty in DR that followed, and I'm glad the main concert recording is resonating with so many people. :)

Tiviana, while I can't promise you a big crowd if you show up (at least not until around the same time next year when the sixth Cmaj anniversary concert will hopefully be a thing), I'd be happy to have my sylvari Zarnagon perform music to you if you're on EU servers. I've been practicing a few nice songs which I think you might find enjoyable. You could consider it your very own private concert; anyone else on EU may feel free to join in on the fun, too, as I've often seen people stop by to listen to me practicing songs in various pve zones (such as aboard the lovely sailing ship in Labyrinthine Cliffs during the still ongoing Festival of the Four Winds) and the pvp lobby.

As other helpful people have stated earlier in this thread, you can find many of us Cmaj playing music pretty much daily at Minister's Waypoint (hence the joke reference in our guild's name: Minstrel's Waypoint) in upper Divinity's Reach (at the Dwayna statue near the banks, next to the entrance to the palace garden) and occasionally in other cities such as Lion's Arch, Rata Sum, the Grove etc. I and a few others also have the habit of performing music at the Market point of interest in the Heart of the Mists (aka the pvp lobby, more specifically that area with the "Fountain of Salt" and the bank NPC) to soothe the minds of pvpers between their matches and to reduce salt and toxicity in pvp. You could consider spreading good cheer via music my sylvari's Wyld Hunt.

If you're on US servers instead, I imagine the US equivalent minstrel guild, the Musician's Guild of Tyria, may have impromptu jamming sessons and performances in various cities and other locations as well, so those in the US servers should hopefully still get a lovely dose of musical sweetness that way if they so desire.

Feel free to contact me via PM on forums or in-game. My account is Kossage.9072 and my sylvari minstrel is Zarnagon, whichever is easier for you to type. :)

@"Kossage.9072" said:I'm glad that so many people attended and enjoyed Cmaj's fifth anniversary concert. Unfortunately the map shard got so crowded that evening that quite a few people couldn't make it to that main event, so some of us Cmaj held a separate, simultaneous small-scale concert for the folks in the overflow to provide them with some entertainment too. Everyone had a good time both in the concert(s) and in the afterparty in DR that followed, and I'm glad the main concert recording is resonating with so many people. :)

Tiviana, while I can't promise you a big crowd if you show up (at least not until around the same time next year when the sixth Cmaj anniversary concert will hopefully be a thing), I'd be happy to have my sylvari Zarnagon perform music to you if you're on EU servers. I've been practicing a few nice songs which I think you might find enjoyable. You could consider it your very own private concert; anyone else on EU may feel free to join in on the fun, too, as I've often seen people stop by to listen to me practicing songs in various pve zones (such as aboard the lovely sailing ship in Labyrinthine Cliffs during the still ongoing Festival of the Four Winds) and the pvp lobby.

As other helpful people have stated earlier in this thread, you can find many of us Cmaj playing music pretty much daily at Minister's Waypoint (hence the joke reference in our guild's name: Minstrel's Waypoint) in upper Divinity's Reach (at the Dwayna statue near the banks, next to the entrance to the palace garden) and occasionally in other cities such as Lion's Arch, Rata Sum, the Grove etc. I and a few others also have the habit of performing music at the Market point of interest in the Heart of the Mists (aka the pvp lobby, more specifically that area with the "Fountain of Salt" and the bank NPC) to soothe the minds of pvpers between their matches and to reduce salt and toxicity in pvp. You could consider spreading good cheer via music my sylvari's Wyld Hunt.

If you're on US servers instead, I imagine the US equivalent minstrel guild, the Musician's Guild of Tyria, may have impromptu jamming sessons and performances in various cities and other locations as well, so those in the US servers should hopefully still get a lovely dose of musical sweetness that way if they so desire.

Feel free to contact me via PM on forums or in-game. My account is Kossage.9072 and my sylvari minstrel is Zarnagon, whichever is easier for you to type. :)

Oh thank you i wish i could take you up on the offer! Im on NA though, but i love what your guild does, i think its wonderful for the game and the community. I have thought about transferring to EU they seem to have more going on there. But im not sure i can even do that. I have seen a few MGT players around even listened to them do a few impromptu sessions, they are good also. It just seems that in Europe there is a more involved community in all aspects of the game. I am glad to have found that video of your concert, i play it all the time at home while i go about my evening. Its like having chamber music right at home :) and i love music.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@"mindcircus.1506" said:"we need more of this ingame"So organize something.

I cant play anything, i dont have an instrument anyway. Plus im a nobody what am i going to organize?

Funny thing happened yesterday, I was doing dailies in Labyrinthine Cliffs and a guy tags up and calls out to people saying he's doing yoga at the beach, lol... I thought he was trolling. A few minutes later he calls out again for a "cruise" on that sailboat - I go down to check it out and he's playing some songs, switching instruments... even played the GoT theme with a trumpet; a few of us cruised together and started chiming in and as the boat was returning to the dock I pulled out my bells (the one everyone has from Wintersday event) and just improvised a few bars... you can do something like C-A-D-B then E-D-C just to make casual accompaniment... all this in the slow hours of a weekday's afternoon.You can start anything and believe, it'll grow - say it on map chat and people will join you and play with you.