[SUGESTION] Should the Anet add wedding system??

jpmc.6278

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would marriage work? Would it be character bound or account bound? If it were account bound, wouldn't it technically be polygamy?

I think getting "officially married" has always been overrated. In some time periods, simply declaring marriage to friends and family was good enough.

As others have said there is already stuff for that ingame. Weddings are player created and should stay that way. I remember some big wedding events in wow and in rift all player created. There are plenty of places to go and have a scenic wedding. We have dyes to make you a wedding dress or you can buy one. I rather they concentrate on other matters than weddings.

@WinterSolstice.7829 said:Wellllllll. I once played an MMO where you could form a lovers relationship where you had exp boosts, and got lover tokens time to time that could be spent on nice things. Then there was a private chat between the two of you, the Pillow Talk. If we could have a Lovers thing in our Player/LFG window Y that keeps tabs on how long you're together for and rewards anniversaries would be neat. If we had an experience/magic find/karma boost being in party with each other would be neat. Maybe every ___ amount of time the boost goes up a bit more.

Any boost from marriage will be problematic, this has been discussed at length and search is your friend. As to pillow talk, I guess you do not know that whisper is a thing and you can add tabs to the chat window?

I really like this idea but the main issue I find is that all the benefits from marriage might drive people to enter a contractual relationship while not actually leading a married life in-game. All in for actual marriage and benefits but anet should dedicate a team to verify the authenticity of these marriages.

@Traced.3495 said:

@"Perisemiotics.4579" said:

"romance" is a human-centric notion... imagine if an asura wants to marry a charr... not nice.

Hmm... pretty interesting, I didn't consider that before. Could be a nice idea.../plans for a new side story

I've actually written a short tale of affection on reflection - of fiber and fur - between a shy, impulsive sylvari and an older, deluded kodan... a little masterpiece that makes me cringe to the point of regret.

Would there be some sort of bonus?Would the bonus be per char or be account wide?Wouldn’t a bonus cause players to “marry” just to get the bonus? (Which would remove any romantic reason to marry and make it a strictly pragmatic transaction).Would it be one marriage per account or multiple marriages, and if it’s multiple marriages would there be multiple bonuses?Will your spouse have access to your gold? Your bank? Your material storage? Your inventory?Can there be divorce?Can account bound items be transferred from one account to another? If there is a divorce then does the original owner lose out? What if one person married someone just to scam items from someone else?If there is no bonus then why would the game need to add a marriage system? The players can simply do a roleplay marriage, just like they can right now