What have been your Easiest and Hardest Professions to learn to play?

I'm not sure about the hardest for me. My first three characters were Engineer, Mesmer, and Elementalist - so my early impressions of the game were that it was fairly hard in general! In some ways Engineer was hardest, because I was also learning the game as a whole - but I think Mesmer was the one I found hardest to level, and Ele I found the hardest to complete story instances with.

The easiest for me was definitely Ranger. Necro is also pretty easy, but I think Ranger has a few features that make it easier: it always has a pet (whereas Necro minions take up utility skill slots), it has much better mobility, and nothing about it isn't totally straightforward (whereas Necro has the shroud mechanic and self-inflicted conditions).

Out of the elite specs, I found Weaver the hardest to learn. I think it's the most dependent on having a well-thought-out selection of gear, traits and skills and a working knowledge of what its weapon skills do. The elite spec I found easiest to learn was Mirage: condition Mirage in particular is so overpowered that even with a somewhat random assortment of gear and very little idea what you're doing, the enemies really do just melt away.

Easy for me was: Warrior, Necromancer (Reaper), Guardian, Ranger. These were very easy to pick up and get good at quickly

Medium difficulty was: Mesmer, Engineer, and Thief. There are some mechanics to get used to, but once you play them for a few hours you are ok

Hard was Elementalist and Revenant. The energy mechanics are just very hard to get used to for me and I deleted my Rev. I kind of got used to weaver but it took a lot of practice

For those of you who are having difficulty with the Revenant: as soon as the Renegade came out, I was hooked.

I loved the aspect of calling support barrages through the mists, the versatility of the short bow, and then there's the name to top it off.

I understand why they use a s/b as opposed to a l/b, they are front-, mid-line fighters.

I only wish there was an armor that looked more like leather, or at least less bulky, to show that they are very mobile and dodge quite easily. I may have to break down and buy an outfit.

Depends. Do you mean easy to stay alive on and get something done in general, or easy to really learn?It's easy to run with a minion necro in OW and survive. However, playing the class efficiently cannot be done "brain afk". That does take some thought and practise.

For just getting started on a new character, I found thief, engi and ranger pretty easy and forgiving. Memser too, I guess.Starting out on warrior was so far pretty impossible for me, I even had trouble in story missions.Ele, guardian, necro and rev are somewhere in between.

Learning to play a class well is a different matter and I have not played all classes that far yet. So far, I'm most confident in my scourge necro, fresh air tempest (pretty easy really) and thief. Engi and rev might turn out a bit more complex than I expected. Warrior is my end boss in this game. :lol: No clue how to ever play that right, but maybe I'll figure it out someday.