Scourge build with torment [help]

Caplantare.8509

Hi guys !please any comments

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PShAs+lVwwYhMQmJW6X9PXA-zRJYkRDfZkQCESB49FIENwtdWWUaD-e

duration raise to 100% with 3 shadowlGNfmBS.png

important :only pve, World Bosses and Map Meta Events .soloing for farm res nodes, chest and collectible items .

simple infusions )))

Sometimes I choose a Sand Savant, as it’s hard to keep 3 shadows .

Overall : I have no problems, but I would like to see any comments .

Thanks!

Looks great ill try it. Btw i would suggest spectral grasp instead of signet just because we have mounts so running speed doesnt really matter and you can pull 5 foe with spectral grasp and then put shade on them to cleave them all.

Also im interested in seeing how much tormenting runes actually heal for. Is it noticable or not.

Looks nice. But :

• Why did you take Trailblazer instead of Viper ? You lose a lot of dps (even condi dps, with Barbed Precision and Target the Weak) and scourge can already survive pretty easily in open world.
  • Overall, this build is pretty expansive (trailblazer isn't cheap, those basic infusions aren't either. Why not do some fractals for the +5 ones ?)

@XECOR.2814 said:Looks great ill try it. Btw i would suggest spectral grasp instead of signet just because we have mounts so running speed doesnt really matter and you can pull 5 foe with spectral grasp and then put shade on them to cleave them all.

Also im interested in seeing how much tormenting runes actually heal for. Is it noticable or not.

It is 170 healing per torment application with 0 healing power. So single shade + all 4 F skills would be 850 healing per target plus another 1020 from the other 6 strikes of Desert shroud per target.

@Kaladel.1670 said:Looks nice. But :

• Why did you take Trailblazer instead of Viper ? You lose a lot of dps (even condi dps, with Barbed Precision and Target the Weak) and scourge can already survive pretty easily in open world.
  • Overall, this build is pretty expansive (trailblazer isn't cheap, those basic infusions aren't either. Why not do some fractals for the +5 ones ?)i played with Viper for a long time, just change at mystic forge )Do I need to be Power and Precision for the current build?

@Caplantare.8509 said:i played with Viper for a long time, just change at mystic forge )When I talk about price, it's the price of the insignia. A full set of trailblazer insignia (6, unless you count the breather) means 18 maguma lilies, at 2-3 GP the lily, it's pretty expansive (and I don't even count the sheet of charged ambrite / or the weapons (+6 lilies))Do I need to be Power and Precision for the current build?You don't need anything for open world. All in all, what is important, is the way it matches the way you play. Power and precision can give you more speed in your farming, but if you prefer tankiness, you seem to be on the right track. It will take longer, but will probably be more forgiving than a Viper equivalent.

As you stated the build is for open world, i can't envision many encounters needing trailblazer stats; you're giving up a lot of dps from vipers which will reduce your killspeed. Something else to bear in mind is that by gimping your precision stat, you're reducing the number of barbed precision procs which is also less damage.

I see that you're building for fear (which is fun for soloing but can be awkward for group content) yet you only have one skill which causes fear, and that fear only lasts two seconds. I'd suggest swapping out signet of the locust for spectral wall and maybe taking a staff offhand for the #5 skill then swapping back to sceptre for the lingering curse buff. Alternatively just take plague sending, master of corruption and soul barbs and only use the fear shade for cc and lols :) I'd change the heal skill to sand flare for more burning and torment; you don't need consume conditions because you have nefarious favour (and staff #4 should you decide to take it). If the almost 6k self-bleed from blood is power becomes annoying, swap it for dessicate.

Edit: Also, maybe compare the prices of red lentil saobosa with that rare veggie pizza; does the same thing and could save you some money.

You only have 1 fear-inflicting skill (shroud 4) which can be expensive even with the Fear of Death trait. Because a lot of the traits you have selected rely on Fear I think adding a staff as weapon 2 would be helpful.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:Looks great ill try it. Btw i would suggest spectral grasp instead of signet just because we have mounts so running speed doesnt really matter and you can pull 5 foe with spectral grasp and then put shade on them to cleave them all.

It is 170 healing per torment application with 0 healing power. So single shade + all 4 F skills would be 850 healing per target plus another 1020 from the other 6 strikes of Desert shroud per target.Are you sure about that? I think the rune has a 20 sec ICD on the healing which would really cut into the effective healing

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:You only have 1 fear-inflicting skill (shroud 4) which can be expensive even with the Fear of Death trait. Because a lot of the traits you have selected rely on Fear I think adding a staff as weapon 2 would be helpful.

It is 170 healing per torment application with 0 healing power. So single shade + all 4 F skills would be 850 healing per target plus another 1020 from the other 6 strikes of Desert shroud per target.Are you sure about that? I think the rune has a 20 sec ICD on the healing which would really cut into the effective healing

It has no icd, tried and tested.

this

I keep your main purpose : trigger fear into torment into fire (and subtheme about damage by fear) but it's a bite more aggro.I change :

For traits :curse : lingering curse (9) instead of parasitic contagion (8)scourge : Sadictic Searing (5) instead of Herald's sorrow (6)

1) traiblazer for viper : +633 precision, critical strikes trigger bleeding (minor curse 1) & torment into fire (sigil of torments).2) With this archetype i think you must maximaze fire upon torment : it's your last chain link but you can stack fire with another skills without torment, so i pass to runes of Balthazar3) I add staff for attack 5 "fear" but others attacks are useless.4) Sand flare for healing skill : convert boon into torment and trigger fire & trigger fire after cast sand flare with F1 (like others punishments)5) Trail of anguish : like signet of locus you've gain speed but you can add fire to yours foes (and it's a punishment)6) Spectral ring instead of blood is power : trigger fear (but foes must cross AoE's perimeter for)7) Plagueland : no convertion of boons needed.