Feature Request: Dungeon explorable mode unlocks

Chaba.5410

It would be a great QoL addition to be able to tell which character has which dungeon explorable mode unlocked. Currently it is real discouraging to get to a dungeon on a toon in order to do paths for tokens only to realize you haven't played story mode yet (let alone remembering that story mode is per character).

Personal Story quests were recently added to /v2/characters/:id/quests which has been great. Hopefully something like /v2/characters/:id/dungeons could be added! Thank you!

• Like 1

@Chaba.5410 said:It would be a great QoL addition to be able to tell which character has which dungeon explorable mode unlocked. Currently it is real discouraging to get to a dungeon on a toon in order to do paths for tokens only to realize you haven't played story mode yet (let alone remembering that story mode is per character).

Personal Story quests were recently added to /v2/characters/:id/quests which has been great. Hopefully something like /v2/characters/:id/dungeons could be added! Thank you!

I'm in favor of this except...

I'd much rather that they changed it from being a character bound unlock to being account wide, eliminating the need to check at all.

Whatever reasons existed in the past no longer apply. After 7 years, whoever is interesting in running story mode to help others... runs story mode to help, regardless of getting their own unlocks. And the burden on the player is greater now: it wasn't that big a deal when most players had 5 characters only; it's different now that many of the most veteran players have 10+ toons.

• Like 1

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:It would be a great QoL addition to be able to tell which character has which dungeon explorable mode unlocked. Currently it is real discouraging to get to a dungeon on a toon in order to do paths for tokens only to realize you haven't played story mode yet (let alone remembering that story mode is per character).

I'm in favor of this
except

I'd much rather that they changed it from being a character bound unlock to being account wide, eliminating the need to check at all.

Whatever reasons existed in the past no longer apply. After 7 years, whoever is interesting in running story mode to help others... runs story mode to help, regardless of getting their own unlocks. And the burden on the player is greater now: it wasn't that big a deal when most players had 5 characters only; it's different now that many of the most veteran players have 10+ toons.

Yea, I thought of that too. I keep thinking since I have the reward track unlocked that I can just hop on any toon and go do the dungeon. But we have to remember that Arah story mode is the last quest in the personal story so dungeons are probably tied up too much with the leveling and personal story systems (also how you get a mail about each dungeon as you level). /shrug

• Like 2

• 2 years later...